Multi-Helicopter Device

Gordon H

Jul 19, 2016, 5:32:32 AM7/19/16
http://www.flixxy.com/diy-mannned-multicopter.htm

I'm sure it ill catch on once he finds a way of making it go forwards...

;-)
--
Gordon H

Remove Invalid to reply

Michaelangelo

Jul 19, 2016, 5:43:54 AM7/19/16
Gordon H leapt into action and said:
> http://www.flixxy.com/diy-mannned-multicopter.htm
>
> I'm sure it ill catch on once he finds a way of making it go forwards...

I didn't realise that they had 'Scrapheap Challenge' in Sweden.

Is there any truth in the rumour that the MoD are now considering
scrapping Trident after all and investing in four of these instead?

--
Michaelangelo
'They come as a boon and a blessing to men.

www.woodhead-cottage.co.uk
www.mikenagel.zenfolio.com

Gordon H

Jul 19, 2016, 5:47:34 AM7/19/16
On 19/07/2016 10:43, Michaelangelo wrote:
> Gordon H leapt into action and said:
>> http://www.flixxy.com/diy-mannned-multicopter.htm
>>
>> I'm sure it ill catch on once he finds a way of making it go forwards...
>
> I didn't realise that they had 'Scrapheap Challenge' in Sweden.
>
> Is there any truth in the rumour that the MoD are now considering
> scrapping Trident after all and investing in four of these instead?

We can't make that decision about American missiles.

Jeff Gaines

Jul 19, 2016, 5:50:32 AM7/19/16
On 19/07/2016 in message <nmksvm$nv3$1...@dont-email.me> Gordon H wrote:

>We can't make that decision about American missiles.

Interesting you say that. It seems to me we couldn't use Trident without
America's permission, we may not even have the launch codes. Not sure it's
possible to find out.

--
Jeff Gaines Wiltshire UK
It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others.

Indy Jess John

Jul 19, 2016, 7:32:55 AM7/19/16
On 19/07/2016 10:32, Gordon H wrote:
> http://www.flixxy.com/diy-mannned-multicopter.htm
>
> I'm sure it ill catch on once he finds a way of making it go forwards...
>

> ;-)

I am not convinced that there will be enough people brave (daft?) enough
to use one of these for personal transport.

However, in principle, it does look as though it can be made into a
stable platform. Some electronics to control engine speeds to keep the
platform more horizontal shouldn't be too difficult. This prototype was
capable of lifting the weight of a substantial seat and a human, so it
could become a remote controlled crop sprayer, or a means of rapidly
delivering search and rescue dogs to an avalanche, or other similar uses
that rely on it being airborne.

Edison's first light bulb glowed dull orange and we would sneer at it
today, yet look how that prototype got improved. Yes, this demo looks a
bit simplistic, but I reckon it has potential.

Jim

Michaelangelo

Jul 19, 2016, 7:39:36 AM7/19/16
Indy Jess John leapt into action and said:

> I am not convinced that there will be enough people brave (daft?) enough to
> use one of these for personal transport.

Isn't that what many people said after the Wright brothers' early
flights? :)

Indy Jess John

Jul 19, 2016, 8:58:54 AM7/19/16
On 19/07/2016 12:39, Michaelangelo wrote:
> Indy Jess John leapt into action and said:
>
>> I am not convinced that there will be enough people brave (daft?) enough to
>> use one of these for personal transport.
>>
> Isn't that what many people said after the Wright brothers' early
> flights? :)

I have a very ancient set of encyclopaedias. Under aeronautics, it says
that there is no indication that heavier than air transport will ever be
commercially viable.

It is not exactly what you said, but it is close enough for a coconut.
;-)

Jim

Gordon H

Jul 19, 2016, 9:18:44 AM7/19/16
On 19/07/2016 10:50, Jeff Gaines wrote:
> On 19/07/2016 in message <nmksvm$nv3$1...@dont-email.me> Gordon H wrote:
>
>> We can't make that decision about American missiles.
>
> Interesting you say that. It seems to me we couldn't use Trident without
> America's permission, we may not even have the launch codes. Not sure
> it's possible to find out.

That's what I gleaned from somewhere, we depend on them for the
missiles, but the subs are ours.

Michaelangelo

Jul 19, 2016, 12:04:04 PM7/19/16
I have an ancient, two-volume Dictionary of Music, which delonged to my
grandfather. Every time I look it up it insists that Johannes Brahms is
still alive.

The moral is - never trust reference books. :)

Indy Jess John

Jul 19, 2016, 2:06:43 PM7/19/16
On 19/07/2016 17:04, Michaelangelo wrote:

> I have an ancient, two-volume Dictionary of Music, which belonged to my
> grandfather. Every time I look it up it insists that Johannes Brahms is
> still alive.

You mean he isn't?

<SHOCK!>

I though I hadn't heard any new releases from him lately.

Jim

Rabbit

Jul 19, 2016, 3:00:51 PM7/19/16
"Indy Jess John" <jimw...@OMITblueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> On 19/07/2016 10:32, Gordon H wrote:
>> http://www.flixxy.com/diy-mannned-multicopter.htm
>>
>> I'm sure it ill catch on once he finds a way of making it go forwards...
>>

>> ;-)
>
> I am not convinced that there will be enough people brave (daft?) enough
> to use one of these for personal transport.

So the queue will not be too big to get one. That will do me :-)
--
Sandra
People forget what you said.

Ray

Jul 20, 2016, 2:02:15 AM7/20/16
Indy Jess John <jimw...@OMITblueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

> However, in principle, it does look as though it can be made into a
> stable platform. Some electronics to control engine speeds to keep the
> platform more horizontal shouldn't be too difficult.

Not really engine speed. High end drones/multicopters from the likes of
DJI have gyroscopic stabilisers to do that.

--
If you think it's expensive to hire a professional,
wait until you hire an amateur.

Indy Jess John

Jul 20, 2016, 5:02:56 AM7/20/16
On 20/07/2016 07:02, Ray wrote:
> Indy Jess John<jimw...@OMITblueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> However, in principle, it does look as though it can be made into a
>> stable platform. Some electronics to control engine speeds to keep the
>> platform more horizontal shouldn't be too difficult.
>
> Not really engine speed. High end drones/multicopters from the likes of
> DJI have gyroscopic stabilisers to do that.

The only way to lift one corner in preference to the others is to
increase that one's down force. Unless they have variable pitch rotors,
the only way to do that it to vary its speed in relation to the others.

Jim