Wanted HAYMAN guitar

phil

Feb 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/24/98

WANTED HAYMAN GUITAR, ANYTHING CONSIDERED

JNugent231

Feb 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/24/98

>WANTED HAYMAN GUITAR, ANYTHING CONSIDERED

You'll be sorry.........

Mike Dearing

Feb 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/25/98

no he wont

- theyre damn good....I used one live for years - and then my brother
has used it for the last 12 years - semi-solid with a Kahler trem and di
marzios on it - we both have 'better' instruments than the Hayman, and it
still sounds great and plays well - the necks are very good - (thru
JC120, twin reverb or Vox)...

Mike ;7)

JNugent231

Feb 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/25/98

>>WANTED HAYMAN GUITAR, ANYTHING CONSIDERED
>
>You'll be sorry.........

I have had two Hayman guitars - a 3030 (with 2 totally lifeless Re-An
humbuckers) and a Comet (only one of them, but at least a coil-tap switch).

Neither instrument would ever stay in tune, due largely to the bridge/tailpiece
design. Even Grover machines did no good.
A friend has a guitar made up from a Hayman or Shergold neck & body, fitted
with better pickups and a proper bridge and a Bigsby. That guitar stays in
tune, but it is so different from a standard item it should hardly have the
name of a Hayman.

The first Hayman guitars were designed by Jim Burns, whose original (and new
reissue) guitars are/were BRILLIANT! I can't imagine why those Haymans are such
lemons.....

Mike Dearing

Feb 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/26/98

oh well luck of the draw I guess, and some of the late 1970s Burns were
not all that either the scorpion and the one that Danny Kustow used - the
semi thing - Steer? A mate reviewed both instruments for then
International Musician and the quality was a little all over the shop....

I played the scorpion a couple of times in rehersal and it was imensely
heavy though it looked cool in a kind of glam way (a bit out of time with
the then contemporary instruments apart from Marco Pironis stable....)

Mike :7)

jub...@gmail.com

Mar 26, 2013, 3:52:06 AM3/26/13
On Tuesday, February 24, 1998 3:00:00 AM UTC-5, phil wrote:
> WANTED HAYMAN GUITAR, ANYTHING CONSIDERED

I've got a Hayman 3030H in excellent condition, some wear to top, no checking, 100% complete and original. Original Re-An pickups. Make offer. Thanks.

Mark Bluemel

Mar 26, 2013, 4:32:49 AM3/26/13
Have you got a Tardis to deliver it with?
Message has been deleted

jimmy...@live.co.uk

Apr 21, 2014, 10:22:27 AM4/21/14
Hi.u still interested in a Hayman,I have a 2020 with humbucker pick ups,look like same pick ups as 1010 and same headstock with four pillars (String guides)also same as 1010.its sunburst and no cracks in body anywhere,there is no cover on truss rod cover(Usually where serial number would be shown)There never was no screw holes were it should be,I am led to believe that this guitar is a bitsa when Hayman were finishing they put these guitars together with various parts.The pots have been changed but I have the original ones.Would need setting up and probably restring.Make me a sensible offer.Cheers Jim.

George Weston

Apr 22, 2014, 6:36:22 AM4/22/14
The original post was made in 1998.
I somehow doubt that the prospective buyer is still in the market?

nick...@bigfoot.com

Dec 13, 2014, 4:41:14 PM12/13/14
I know, I know, I'm replying months later to a post replying years later... but I just wanted somewhere to say that forty years after building and/or supervising the build of thousands of Hayman guitars, I've actually bought my first one! It's a 3030H from 1974 and it's probably in better condition than I was when I was forty years old! A little fettling and it plays like a dream. I won't comment on the pickups other than to say that sound was what people wanted out of a Hayman then but the sound, like the design, seems dated now.

Nick

JNugent

Dec 13, 2014, 7:48:38 PM12/13/14
The Re-An humbucking pickups may well have been what a segment of the
market then wanted, but their sound is lifeless, with almost no edge or
content.

johnmc...@gmail.com

May 14, 2015, 7:27:08 PM5/14/15
HAY IF Still for sale? send pictures to(johnmcmullan8 hotmail com )THANKX JOHN

johnmc...@gmail.com

May 14, 2015, 7:34:45 PM5/14/15
The Pots that came with the 3030H Were 250K, People who put 500K in Have said
that the pickups (Came to Life) After the change!!! I would not know because
My Pickups sound fine with the 250s in (and never changed anything)

frans...@gmail.com

Apr 24, 2020, 6:59:45 AM4/24/20
Stille interesten?