Shite Christmas TV Listing !!

reg

Dec 10, 2009, 6:18:37 PM12/10/09
just been flicking through it & what an absolute pile of shite !!! there is
feck all on over christmas to get excited about,not even Christmas Terry &
June on BBC2 8.30 29th can get me excited.

some possibilities:

Christmas Eve: My Family & QI
Christmas Day: The Royle Family & Gavin & Stacey, possibly watch Catherine
Tate: Nans Christmas Carol
Boxing Day Fuck All !!! unless your into CSI on 5 for 5 hours !
Bank Holiday Monday: Not the Nine O'Clock News Docu with a vintage edition
after or The Day Of the Triffids which concludes Tuesday.

jeez what a choice of viewing i get for my �140ish tv licence, dont have
sky, surely that cant be any worse ?

Message has been deleted

Frank Incense

Dec 10, 2009, 7:44:06 PM12/10/09
Bank Holiday Monday: Not the Nine O'Clock News Docu with a vintage edition

Its that time of year, so get yerself in the festive spirit with Mel and
Griff

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhQNhKP79j8
(part one of four)

Fr J. Hackett

Dec 10, 2009, 8:29:33 PM12/10/09

Went through the RT the other night and for the second christmas
running,
there was not one programme on BBC1 that I wanted to watch.
BBC2 came out tops followed by BBC4, C4, ITV1 and even Five.

The most marked programme on my list is "I'm Alan Partridge" - and
that's twelve years old.

fr.

Carl Waring

Dec 11, 2009, 5:04:47 AM12/11/09
"reg" <r...@nospam.com> wrote in message news:hfrvj2$kb6$1...@aioe.org...

> jeez what a choice of viewing i get for my �140ish tv licence, dont have
> sky, surely that cant be any worse ?

You do realise that your �140 is for the WHOLE YEAR and not JUST Christmas,
don't you?

Another moronic statement. You don't work for the Daily Wail do you? ;-)

--
Carl Waring

AC

Dec 11, 2009, 5:10:27 AM12/11/09

"reg" <r...@nospam.com> wrote in message news:hfrvj2$kb6$1...@aioe.org...

Don't pay it. Don't have a TV. Like you say, its all shit, init.

As for me, there are 2 Doctor Who episodes over the period. Anything else is
a bonus. Although, I'll probably get a windfall tax on that bonus because
some one at the Daily Mail will get all jealous.

AC

pete

Dec 11, 2009, 5:26:22 AM12/11/09
On Thu, 10 Dec 2009 23:38:04 +0000, Mike Henry wrote:
> In <hfrvj2$kb6$1...@aioe.org>, "reg" <r...@nospam.com> wrote:
>
>>jeez what a choice of viewing i get for my £140ish tv licence, dont have
>>sky, surely that cant be any worse ?
>
> It's far, far worse! Sky's schedule for Xmas day is repeats, re-repeated
> later in the day!, and includes:

But there's no reason for the broadcasters to put on "quality" programmes
over xmas. It's not as if the average viewer would have anything else (or
the initiative to find anything else) to do. So they have a captive audience.
On some days there aren't even any newspapers - and with no competition
for viewers[1] attention, there's little incentive to raise the quality bar.

[1] viewers should really just be thought of as advertising recipients.

Tiny

Dec 11, 2009, 5:36:06 AM12/11/09
On 11 Dec, 10:10, "AC" <x...@xxx.xxx> wrote:
> "reg" <r...@nospam.com> wrote in messagenews:hfrvj2$kb6$1...@aioe.org...
> AC- Hide quoted text -

Christmas TV is designed for the average (dumber and dumber) viewer,
to be watched, or rather used as backround to, other activities like
breaking the kids new toys, putting on silly hats and reading cracker
jokes, farting a lot and that sort of thing. As for any new programs -
they repeat them after Christmas as 'another chance to see'.

Message has been deleted

Theodore

Dec 11, 2009, 5:47:23 AM12/11/09

Better still don't pay it and still keep your TV.

Yes yes I know it's been said a million times, but it's worth
reminding new lurkers that they are powerless to collect this tax if
you simply ignore them.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Brit-Brat

Dec 11, 2009, 6:20:13 AM12/11/09

Sounds like christmas round my cousins house, esp the farting!

b-b

Theodore

Dec 11, 2009, 6:23:14 AM12/11/09
On Fri, 11 Dec 2009 12:10:10 +0100, Martin <m...@address.invalid> wrote:

>If they take you court the average fine is less than the licence fee and not
>surprisingly some still don't buy a licence after they have been fined.

And since I'm in my 9th year (or is it 8th, I forget) without paying,
I'm pretty confident that isn't going to happen.

Message has been deleted

Theodore

Dec 11, 2009, 6:41:50 AM12/11/09
On Fri, 11 Dec 2009 12:38:37 +0100, Martin <m...@address.invalid> wrote:

>When they had TV licences in the Netherlands, if you were caught without a TV
>licence you were fined an amount equal to twice the amount you should have paid
>for all the years that in their opinion you should have bought a licence.
>I was very near to being caught. I was away on a business trip for two weeks
>when I returned a neighbour told me that the licence people had been looking for
>me every day while I was a way. I bought a licence, but never heard from the
>licence people.

That's really the only thing they could do to persuade me to pay.

Were they able to obtain warrants easier in the Netherlands?

Message has been deleted

AC

Dec 11, 2009, 8:06:28 AM12/11/09

"Tiny" <dhsr...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Sounds about right.

Anyway, don't people get stacks of DVDs and video games from Santa these
days? Since I don't remember any xmas day in the last 20 years with more
than two must see shows, I've long since given up on the idea of the TV
being the main thing over xmas. Its the last thing I'm thinking about. The
only sort of exception being that its nice to have something "lite" late
evening to drift off too.

To be honest, I think I'm slightly more bothered about what's on on the
other days, once xmas is out of the way.

AC

Basil Jet

Dec 11, 2009, 9:03:46 AM12/11/09
Martin wrote:

> When they had TV licences in the Netherlands, if you were caught
> without a TV licence you were fined an amount equal to twice the
> amount you should have paid for all the years that in their opinion
> you should have bought a licence.
> I was very near to being caught. I was away on a business trip for
> two weeks when I returned a neighbour told me that the licence people
> had been looking for me every day while I was a way. I bought a
> licence, but never heard from the licence people.

Are you sure the neighbour wasn't having fun with you?

--
We are the Strasbourg. Referendum is futile.

Martin Jay

Dec 11, 2009, 11:07:55 AM12/11/09
On Fri, 11 Dec 2009 12:10:10 +0100, Martin <m...@address.invalid> wrote:
>On Fri, 11 Dec 2009 10:47:23 +0000, Theodore <theodo...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>Yes yes I know it's been said a million times, but it's worth
>>reminding new lurkers that they are powerless to collect this tax if
>>you simply ignore them.

>If they take you court the average fine is less than the licence fee and not

>surprisingly some still don't buy a licence after they have been fined.

If people like this aren't expected to stump up the full �1,000 fine
it makes you wonder who is...

<http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/manchester/4721865.stm>:

----- Begin Quote -----

Premiership footballer El-Hadji Diouf has been fined �100 for not
having a television licence.

The 24-year-old Bolton Wanderers player was visited at his Liverpool
home by a TV licence officer on 13 March, Birkenhead magistrates
heard.

He refused to let the officer in, but confirmed he had a colour
television and no licence.

The Senegalese international did not attend court and the case against
him was found proven in his absence.

Diouf was informed it was an offence not to have a TV licence but made
no comment, prosecutor Neil Blood told the court.

The former Liverpool player was fined �100 and ordered to pay �50 in
costs.

----- End Quote -----

<http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/gloucestershire/7576984.stm>:

----- Begin Quote -----

A premiership rugby player has been fined �225 for watching television
without a licence.

Gloucester prop Patrice Collazo was also ordered to pay �60 court
costs and a �15 victim surcharge by magistrates.

It is the second time the former French international has been
prosecuted for the offence within the past year.

Rachael Micallef, regional spokesman for TV Licensing, said: "This
demonstrates just how effective TV Licensing's detection methods are."
----- End Quote -----
--
Martin Jay

Geoff

Dec 12, 2009, 8:13:44 AM12/12/09

"reg" <r...@nospam.com> wrote in message news:hfrvj2$kb6$1...@aioe.org...

TV is generally shit these days. What has Christmas got to do with it?
It seems a long time since TV was any good at Christmas time, but then
thinking about it, I think its been a long time since TV was any good at any
time of the year!

TV programmes have been shit for years!

Col

Dec 12, 2009, 8:36:02 AM12/12/09

"Geoff" <nos...@nospamhere.net> wrote in message

Yeah, yeah, everything on TV is shit and has been getting ever
shittier for years.....

Let's go all misty-eyed with nostagia thinking about half the
population watching the Morecambe & Wise Christmas Special.

There never was a 'golden age' of television. We just *think*
there was. We remember the gems and forget the dross.
Trouble is with today's television we remember both the gems
*and* the dross so the past inevitiably seems better!
--
Col

And all the stars that never were
Are parking cars and pumping gas.

GS

Dec 13, 2009, 2:12:32 AM12/13/09

"Mike Henry" <{$mrtickle$}@nospam.demon.co.uk> wrote in message

> In <hfrvj2$kb6$1...@aioe.org>, "reg" <r...@nospam.com> wrote:
>
>>jeez what a choice of viewing i get for my �140ish tv licence, dont have
>>sky, surely that cant be any worse ?
>
> It's far, far worse! Sky's schedule for Xmas day is repeats, re-repeated
> later in the day!, and includes:
> 09:00 Oops TV featuring Justin Lee Collins
> 10:00 Noel's Christmas Presents
> 11:30 Got to Dance presented by Davina McCall (repeated twice more on Xmas
> day)
> 12:30 Girls Aloud: Out of Control!
> 15:00 Noel's Christmas Presents, again
> 17:30 The Simpsons, ancient repeat
> 18:00 Are You Smarter Than a 10 Year Old?
> then 2 more Simpsons, 5 episodes of Modern Family, and the day is finished
> with another repeat of Ross Kemp Behind the Story: Afghanistan.
>
> So that's Justin Lee Collins, Davina McCall AND Noel Edmunds - that's what
> Sky give you for your �240ish subscription. HTH

So your Sky subscription just got you one extra channel, you really got
screwed on that deal.

Ed

Dec 13, 2009, 3:02:23 AM12/13/09
On Dec 13, 7:12 am, "GS" <G...@nospam.con> wrote:
> "Mike Henry" <{$mrtickl...@nospam.demon.co.uk> wrote in message

I think the fact that the BBC only has a Dalek on the cover of the
Radio Times means it knows how shite its Christmas offering is. Other
than Doctor Who, there seems to be no new programming at all. Not that
I really watch the BBC anyway any more, because it isn't for 30
something men.

Message has been deleted

Major Ball-ache

Dec 13, 2009, 6:47:42 AM12/13/09

"Col" <reddw...@btinternet.com> wrote in message

> Trouble is with today's television we remember both the gems
> *and* the dross so the past inevitiably seems better!
> --
> Col
>
> And all the stars that never were
> Are parking cars and pumping gas.

There are no gems, its all dross

Luke Curtis

Dec 13, 2009, 11:41:05 PM12/13/09
On Thu, 10 Dec 2009 23:18:37 -0000, "reg" <r...@nospam.com> wrote:

>just been flicking through it & what an absolute pile of shite !!! there is
>feck all on over christmas to get excited about,not even Christmas Terry &
>June on BBC2 8.30 29th can get me excited.
>
>some possibilities:

23rd: Spooks, Brigigit Jones 2, Terminator 2, Screenwipe review of the
Year, Not Going Out XMas special,

>Christmas Eve: My Family & QI

and Shrek 2, My Family special, Corpse Bride,

>Christmas Day: The Royle Family & Gavin & Stacey, possibly watch Catherine Tate: Nans Christmas Carol

plus Doctor Who, TotP, The Incredibles, Time Bandits, James May Toy
Stories, Citizen Kane,

>Boxing Day Fuck All !!! unless your into CSI on 5 for 5 hours !

Clue (hilarious film), Hamlet, TV Burp review of the Year, Wallace &
Gromit movie, Slapstick Documentary.

Sunday: Outnumbered special, Top Gear special.

>Bank Holiday Monday: Not the Nine O'Clock News Docu with a vintage edition
>after or The Day Of the Triffids which concludes Tuesday.

or Greatest sngs of the Noughties

>jeez what a choice of viewing i get for my �140ish tv licence, dont have
>sky, surely that cant be any worse ?

it can, very easily....

-
XBox 360 GT: Broton69

--
ButIstillneedtoknowwhat'sinthere! Thekeytoanysecurity
systemishowit'sdesigned! Thatdependsonwhyitwasdesigned!