James Corden at it again.

Mike Swift

Jun 7, 2017, 9:28:59 AM6/7/17
I see the third rate actor and Z list celebrity has been giving us his
three pennyworth about terrorism again, why do the Luvvies think their
views are of any interest to the anyone other than other Luvvies?

Mike

Yorkshire Halvard Lange

sp...@potato.field

Jun 7, 2017, 10:05:24 AM6/7/17
On Wed, 7 Jun 2017 14:21:23 +0100
Mike Swift <mike....@yeton.co.uk> wrote:
>I see the third rate actor and Z list celebrity has been giving us his
>three pennyworth about terrorism again, why do the Luvvies think their
>views are of any interest to the anyone other than other Luvvies?

Luvvies tend to be an unhealthy mixture of narcissim and egotism and these
sorts of people think their opinion has extra weight and like nothing better
than to tell others what they think whether they want to hear it or not.

On a related note, quite why Cordon has been so feted in the US is anyones
guess. Perhaps they got him confused with someone else but by the time they
realised it was too late - they'd given him a national show.

--
Spud

Stephen Wolstenholme

Jun 7, 2017, 10:18:20 AM6/7/17
wrote:

>I see the third rate actor and Z list celebrity has been giving us his
>three pennyworth about terrorism again, why do the Luvvies think their
>views are of any interest to the anyone other than other Luvvies?

It's cheap TV. He probably came free.

Steve

--
Neural Network Software for Windows http://www.npsnn.com

Stephen Wolstenholme

Jun 7, 2017, 10:53:36 AM6/7/17
On Wed, 07 Jun 2017 16:37:04 +0200, Martin <m...@address.invalid> wrote:

>On Wed, 7 Jun 2017 14:21:23 +0100, Mike Swift <mike....@yeton.co.uk> wrote:
>
>>I see the third rate actor and Z list celebrity has been giving us his
>>three pennyworth about terrorism again, why do the Luvvies think their
>>views are of any interest to the anyone other than other Luvvies?
>
>He is utterly useless. Why is he so famous?

Famous? I forgot he existed.

tim...

Jun 7, 2017, 1:48:23 PM6/7/17

<sp...@potato.field> wrote in message news:oh9172$1rvc$1...@gioia.aioe.org...
but it wouldn't be the first time someone given one of these shows had
flopped and had to be replaced touts suite

Jim S

Jun 7, 2017, 2:15:34 PM6/7/17
Like London Bridge.
--
Jim S

Mark A

Jun 8, 2017, 3:18:15 AM6/8/17
"Mike Swift" wrote:

> I see the third rate actor and Z list celebrity has been giving
> us his three pennyworth about terrorism again, why do the
> Luvvies think their views are of any interest to the anyone
> other than other Luvvies?

Not unlike folks who post to their views to the internet you mean?

michael adams

Jun 8, 2017, 5:34:39 AM6/8/17

<sp...@potato.field> wrote in message news:oh9172$1rvc$1...@gioia.aioe.org...

> On a related note, quite why Cordon has been so feted in the US is anyones
> guess.

Because lardbuckets, such as compose most of his audience, are
probably most comfortable watching other lardbuckets. At a guess.

While Corden can be avoided, the fact that he's replaced the
infinitely more talented and entertaining Brian the Robot
on the Confused.com TV ads can't.

michael adams

Stephen Wolstenholme

Jun 8, 2017, 6:09:46 AM6/8/17
On Wed, 07 Jun 2017 16:57:05 +0200, Martin <m...@address.invalid> wrote:

>On Wed, 07 Jun 2017 15:51:51 +0100, Stephen Wolstenholme <st...@easynn.com>
>wrote:

>>>He is utterly useless. Why is he so famous?
>>
>>Famous? I forgot he existed.
>
>Despite your memory, you know who he is. :-)

I do now but I had to look him up on the web. I still can't remember
him on TV.

Mike Swift

Jun 8, 2017, 6:46:49 AM6/8/17
In article <ohatm...@news4.newsguy.com>, Mark A
<m.annett...@notthereanymore.com> writes
Probably so but you must be interested as you've replied :-)

Mike Swift

Jun 8, 2017, 6:46:49 AM6/8/17
In article <468ijcpougs7hmf6s...@4ax.com>, Stephen
Wolstenholme <st...@easynn.com> writes
>>Despite your memory, you know who he is. :-)
>
>I do now but I had to look him up on the web. I still can't remember him on
>TV.

Gavin and Stacey where he played a mardy whinging arse badly and totally
ruining Esio Trot.

tim...

Jun 8, 2017, 8:35:42 AM6/8/17

"Mike Swift" <mike....@yeton.co.uk> wrote in message
> In article <468ijcpougs7hmf6s...@4ax.com>, Stephen
> Wolstenholme <st...@easynn.com> writes
>>>Despite your memory, you know who he is. :-)
>>
>>I do now but I had to look him up on the web. I still can't remember him
>>on
>>TV.
>
> Gavin and Stacey

never watched it

>where he played a mardy whinging arse badly and totally ruining Esio Trot.

I have to say that I don't remember that, but now I've looked it up I see
that he was the narrator

IIRC I did think at the time that the narrations spoilt the program, but not
because of who was reading it. It would have spoilt it regardless

tim

JNugent

Jun 8, 2017, 12:50:38 PM6/8/17
On 07/06/2017 15:05, sp...@potato.field wrote:

[ ... ]

> On a related note, quite why Cordon has been so feted in the US is anyones
> guess. Perhaps they got him confused with someone else

They might think he looks American.

<http://tinyurl.com/79bna6e>

[Perfectly safe for work, etc.]

JNugent

Jun 8, 2017, 12:52:14 PM6/8/17
On 07/06/2017 15:37, Martin wrote:
> On Wed, 7 Jun 2017 14:21:23 +0100, Mike Swift <mike....@yeton.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> I see the third rate actor and Z list celebrity has been giving us his
>> three pennyworth about terrorism again, why do the Luvvies think their
>> views are of any interest to the anyone other than other Luvvies?
>
> He is utterly useless. Why is he so famous?

Well... credit where it's due.

"Gavin And Stacey" (which he co-wrote) was very well-written, acted and
produced.

Mike Swift

Jun 8, 2017, 2:14:58 PM6/8/17
In article <eptdls...@mid.individual.net>, JNugent
<jenni...@fastmail.fm> writes
>Well... credit where it's due.
>
>"Gavin And Stacey" (which he co-wrote) was very well-written, acted and
>produced.

Except the part he played.

JNugent

Jun 9, 2017, 4:02:48 PM6/9/17
On 09/06/2017 09:32, Martin wrote:
> I watched a bit of that and changed channels. :-)

Season 1, episode 1 was a slow starter.