Google Grupper har inte längre stöd för nya Usenet-inlägg eller -prenumerationer. Historiskt innehåll förblir synligt.

Wetherspoon boss says UK does not need an EU trade deal

27 visningar

Bod

oläst,
10 sep. 2016 03:30:552016-09-10
till
The chairman of JD Wetherspoon pub chain, Tim Martin, has said that the
UK does not need to negotiate a trade deal with the European Union.
Mr Martin, who was a prominent Leave campaigner, argues that the UK
should trade under existing World Trade Organisation rules.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-37315573

John T

oläst,
10 sep. 2016 07:39:172016-09-10
till

"Bod" wrote
Fine but J D Wetherspoon are mainly a domestic market operator and do not
rely on importing &/or exporting goods for their profits.

John.

Bod

oläst,
10 sep. 2016 10:34:322016-09-10
till
Yup, so Brexit won't affect them or similar companies serving the
domestic market.

Fredxxx

oläst,
10 sep. 2016 11:33:522016-09-10
till
Given their turnover and profit is related to disposable income of the
masses, I believe your assertion may well be wide of the mark.

James Wilkinson

oläst,
10 sep. 2016 12:38:232016-09-10
till
You're all waving your arms in the air over imaginary lines drawn inbetween countries. A country does better if it has more resources, that's all, nothing else.

--
"Smoking is one of the leading causes of statistics." - Fletcher Knebel

Fredxxx

oläst,
10 sep. 2016 12:41:492016-09-10
till
You haven't a clue.

James Wilkinson

oläst,
10 sep. 2016 12:49:552016-09-10
till
Your the one that has no response. I could draw lines at random all over the globe, or I could use longitude or latitude lines, and I could say a certain section is doing better than another. Why call a country anything special? Each individual does as well as he can, and each company does as well as it can.

--
7 wheelchair athletes have been banned from the Paralympics after they tested positive for WD40.

pullgees

oläst,
11 sep. 2016 03:25:362016-09-11
till
Clearly he is not self interested as he is one one of the biggest employers of Eastern Europeans.

MM

oläst,
11 sep. 2016 03:49:412016-09-11
till
Yup, so they're being narrow-minded about Britain's future. As long as
*they're* all right, Jack.

MM

R. Mark Clayton

oläst,
11 sep. 2016 07:30:412016-09-11
till
I expect Tim will be putting up the price of wine in his pubs soon - passing the 11% Boris Tax, plus his margin of course...

Still he did take on Heineken :-)

Yellow

oläst,
11 sep. 2016 10:43:202016-09-11
till
In article <833atbpcfhq4oeae6...@4ax.com>,
kyli...@yahoo.co.uk says...
Interestingly, two people have posted to this group today that they
wanted to stay in the EU because they have done well out of the UK's
membership.

R. Mark Clayton

oläst,
11 sep. 2016 11:17:572016-09-11
till
Interestingly just over sixty-five million Brit's have. EU citizens have benefited as well of course as it was a win - win situation.

In my case after Maggie signed the single European Act, I was able to go and work in Europe (through my service company) for a couple of years. No figures but it was well worth for me, and I guess those who hired me.

James Wilkinson

oläst,
11 sep. 2016 11:55:352016-09-11
till
A win win situation cannot happen. If someone does better, someone else does worse.

--
They say Confucius does his crosswords with a pen.

Yellow

oläst,
11 sep. 2016 12:51:462016-09-11
till
In article <57208d1d-a7f0-4c35...@googlegroups.com>,
notya...@gmail.com says...

> On Sunday, 11 September 2016 15:43:20 UTC+1, Yellow wrote:
> > In article <833atbpcfhq4oeae6...@4ax.com>,
> > kyli...@yahoo.co.uk says...

> > > Yup, so they're being narrow-minded about Britain's future. As long as
> > > *they're* all right, Jack.
> > >
> > > MM
> >
> > Interestingly, two people have posted to this group today that they
> > wanted to stay in the EU because they have done well out of the UK's
> > membership.
>
> Interestingly just over sixty-five million Brit's have.

Those are just words. Where is your proof that the UK has done better in
the EU than it would have outside of the EU?

> EU citizens have benefited as well of course as it was a win - win
situation.

I would suggest some have, clearly - Ireland, Poland, Germany. But there
have also been losers - notably Greece.

> In my case after Maggie signed the single European Act, I was able to go and work in Europe (through my service company) for a couple of years. No figures but it was well worth for me, and I guess those who hired me.

Why could you not have done that anyway? If your services were required,
the countries where you worked lacking your skills, you just would have
got a visa and could have done exactly what you did.

Same as you can do if you want to work anywhere else in the world.

Fredxxx

oläst,
11 sep. 2016 15:25:412016-09-11
till
They might have until 2005. Then everything changed and I can assure
that since 2005 you will find many who say they are now worse off.

> In my case after Maggie signed the single European Act, I was able to
> go and work in Europe (through my service company) for a couple of
> years. No figures but it was well worth for me, and I guess those
> who hired me.

So its "All right Jack".

James Wilkinson

oläst,
11 sep. 2016 19:19:142016-09-11
till
Brew yer own. Fuck the government.

--
Lysdexia: a peech imspediment we live to learn with...

R. Mark Clayton

oläst,
12 sep. 2016 11:42:212016-09-12
till
On Sunday, 11 September 2016 16:55:35 UTC+1, James Wilkinson wrote:
> On Sun, 11 Sep 2016 16:17:55 +0100, R. Mark Clayton <notya...@gmail.com> wrote:

SNIP

> > In my case after Maggie signed the single European Act, I was able to go and work in Europe (through my service company) for a couple of years. No figures but it was well worth for me, and I guess those who hired me.
>
> A win win situation cannot happen. If someone does better, someone else does worse.

Only in zero sum games (like foreign exchange) - do read up.

R. Mark Clayton

oläst,
12 sep. 2016 11:58:002016-09-12
till
On Sunday, 11 September 2016 17:51:46 UTC+1, Yellow wrote:
> In article <57208d1d-a7f0-4c35...@googlegroups.com>,
SNIP

> > In my case after Maggie signed the single European Act, I was able to go and work in Europe (through my service company) for a couple of years. No figures but it was well worth for me, and I guess those who hired me.
>
> Why could you not have done that anyway? If your services were required,
> the countries where you worked lacking your skills, you just would have
> got a visa and could have done exactly what you did.
>
> Same as you can do if you want to work anywhere else in the world.

Oh let's try an easy one - USA - all the compliance load will at least be in English: -

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Permanent_residence_(United_States)

oh dear - not so easy after all :-(

how about France then - many have studied French to GCSE: -

https://www.service-public.fr/particuliers/vosdroits/N110

hurry the rules change on 1st November...

or what about a holiday job in Greece: -

oh never mind!

Yellow

oläst,
12 sep. 2016 13:05:132016-09-12
till
In article <2c929b41-605d-4d15...@googlegroups.com>,
notya...@gmail.com says...

> On Sunday, 11 September 2016 17:51:46 UTC+1, Yellow wrote:
> > In article <57208d1d-a7f0-4c35...@googlegroups.com>,
> SNIP
> >

> > > In my case after Maggie signed the single European Act, I was able to go and work in Europe (through my service company) for a couple of years. No figures but it was well worth for me, and I guess those who hired me.
> >
> > Why could you not have done that anyway? If your services were required,
> > the countries where you worked lacking your skills, you just would have
> > got a visa and could have done exactly what you did.
> >
> > Same as you can do if you want to work anywhere else in the world.
>
> Oh let's try an easy one - USA - all the compliance load will at least be in English: -
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Permanent_residence_(United_States)
>
> oh dear - not so easy after all :-(

My brother for example, has dual US/UK citizenship as he has skills they
actually need but I agree if you do not have what they want, not so
easy.

But that how it should be, people who already live in a country getting
first dibs.

You have no right to demand that they employ you just because that is
what you happen to want.

> how about France then - many have studied French to GCSE: -
>
> https://www.service-public.fr/particuliers/vosdroits/N110

Nothing unreasonable there and it is probably very similar to what we
have in place here.

> hurry the rules change on 1st November...

What rules rules change on 1st November? It was not obvious to me from
reading that page.

> or what about a holiday job in Greece: -

You are obsessed with holidays!

You clearly think they are all going to cut their noses off to spite
their faces, either that or they really do not want British
holidaymakers anymore. So go somewhere else.

> oh never mind!

James Wilkinson

oläst,
16 sep. 2016 19:28:232016-09-16
till
It's basic common sense, you can't get something out of nothing.

--
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.

R. Mark Clayton

oläst,
17 sep. 2016 07:31:322016-09-17
till
Why would anyone ever trade anything then? You get mutual BENEFIT from trading.

Two neighbours - a carpenter and a weaver. The weaver wants a table - he could make it himself, but it would take ages and be poor quality. The carpenter wants a blanket, he could make it himself, but it would take ages and be poor quality.

So they agree between them that the carpenter will make a table and and the weaver will weave a blanket and they will swap. Result - both save a lot of time which they can use to make money or other activity and both get a better quality product.

Things are a bit more sophisticated now so substitute a UK insurance underwriter who likes orange juice with his breakfast and a Spanish orange grower who wants to insure his house / car. Of course they won't barter, but use money.
0 nya meddelanden