Currys Complaint Procedure

Henry Carty

Jul 20, 2010, 4:34:29 AM7/20/10
Dear Currys

If you are reading this please can you repond to my myriad of emails
that I have sent you. I have executed the requirements set out in your
complaints procedure by emailing your customer services. Not only do
you not bide by the Sales of Good Act you dont even adhere to your
terms and conditions.

regards

Henry

PS May I applaud your efforts of helping special needs by
reintroducing them back into the community by employing them as sales
staff.

John Turner

Jul 20, 2010, 7:00:27 AM7/20/10

"Henry Carty" wrote

> Dear Currys
>
> If you are reading this please can you repond to my myriad of emails
> that I have sent you. I have executed the requirements set out in your
> complaints procedure by emailing your customer services. Not only do
> you not bide by the Sales of Good Act you dont even adhere to your
> terms and conditions.

Go to the store from where you bought the faulty goods and demand your
rights under the SoGA - tell them if they don't sort your problem there and
then that you will remain in their store and let everyone know who comes
through the door how sh1t their after-sales service is.

Then go to Trading Standards and tell them about it.

John.

Henry Carty

Jul 20, 2010, 7:05:55 AM7/20/10

Thanks John

FoggyTown

Jul 20, 2010, 7:27:56 AM7/20/10
> Thanks John- Hide quoted text -

That has always been the best response to non-existent aftersales
care. Just bring the offending item to the store and drop it on their
toes. Loudly. I once had a Halfords manager threaten to call the
police on me. I said, "Go right ahead. I'll see if I can get a local
news reporter here before he arrives." Cue abrupt change of tune.

Henry Carty

Jul 20, 2010, 9:29:48 AM7/20/10
> news reporter here before he arrives."  Cue abrupt change of tune.- Hide quoted text -

I still find it amusing about the story of the PC World Manager who
stabbed himself while in his car in the PC world car park, I assume he
was having problems returning goods to his own store.

John Turner

Jul 20, 2010, 10:25:41 AM7/20/10

"Henry Carty" wrote

> I still find it amusing about the story of the PC World Manager who
> stabbed himself while in his car in the PC world car park, I assume he
> was having problems returning goods to his own store.

One less idiot to deal with! ;-)

John.

the-sbray

Jul 20, 2010, 12:14:21 PM7/20/10

The DGS group of companies (of which Currys is one) is renowed for not
working within the law. They seem to think that all responsibility for
faulty goods (after money has parted company) is the manufacturers.
Google "Currys SOGA" and you'll find hundreds of complaints regarding
their inability to follow the law.

Paul

Jul 20, 2010, 12:20:41 PM7/20/10

A big poster (just write on the back of some cheap wallpaper), stand
outside the store with it, with a cheap megaphone shouting "come and
read this".

Don't be aggressive , Just state your case plain and simple. Of
course one of you friends could video the whole thing for "Youtube".

Justin Credible

Jul 20, 2010, 2:00:45 PM7/20/10

"the-sbray" <marc.s...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> The DGS group of companies (of which Currys is one) is renowed for not
> working within the law. They seem to think that all responsibility for
> faulty goods (after money has parted company) is the manufacturers.
> Google "Currys SOGA" and you'll find hundreds of complaints regarding
> their inability to follow the law.

For "inability" read "point blank unwillingness" :-)

smurf

Jul 21, 2010, 7:27:59 PM7/21/10

DSG have a general policy of exempting themselves from the SOGA, those that
take complaints further and begin legal proceedings are usually given
whatever it is they asked for.

smurf

Jul 21, 2010, 7:28:55 PM7/21/10

They will get plod, who will forget that it is a civil matter and threaten
to arrest you under a public order act.

smurf

Jul 21, 2010, 7:31:40 PM7/21/10

Yes, any goods you purchased from these places, say it breaks down a year
and a day since purchase, they arent interested. They will just stone wall
you and point blank refuse to acknowledge any responsibility.

Did you buy an extended warranty? No? Then fuck off (well the last one they
wouldnt say, they just suggest you call their customer service support
number, which a recording will tell you to fuck off if you havent bought a
'cover plan).

John Turner

Jul 22, 2010, 8:58:37 AM7/22/10

"smurf" wrote

> They will get plod, who will forget that it is a civil matter and threaten
> to arrest you under a public order act.

Someone else suggested phoning the local rag & asking for a
reporter/photographer to come along and record the arrest.

On the other hand standing outside the shop and handing out warning leaflets
would avoid the possibility of arrest and have the same impact.

John.

John Turner

Jul 22, 2010, 9:02:08 AM7/22/10
"smurf" wrote

> Did you buy an extended warranty? No? Then fuck off (well the last one
> they wouldnt say, they just suggest you call their customer service
> support number, which a recording will tell you to fuck off if you havent
> bought a 'cover plan).

There is no specific time limit on SoGA purchases. The Act simply states
that the goods purchased must be of a saleable quality for a reasonable
period of time taking into account the price paid.

If Currys, Comet or any of the other traders of similar reputation try the
year and a day excuse, then it may be worthwhile slapping a claim in against
them in the Small Claims Court.

John.

dse...@googlemail.com

Jan 12, 2013, 6:57:34 AM1/12/13
Yesterday I used Curry's/PC World web site to reserve a Tom Tom 60 Sat Nav for collection from my nearest Curry's outlet where it was shown as in stock. I duly received an email with a collection reference number to collect and pay for my item . On arrival at the store I was kept waiting 40 minutes whilst staff searched for my Sat Nav only to be told eventually that they hadn't got any after all! So valuable time and petrol wasted in a fruitless and frustrating episode. Not to be deterred I checked online availability at another branch and again the item was in stock and it allowed me to reserve it for in-store collection. I duly received the confirmation order with my collection reference advising me to collect. This time as I was literally walking out of the front door to collect the telephone rang and it was the branch saying don't bother coming we haven't got any!!

What terrible service this represents - customers booking online for later collection must have an assurance that the goods actually exist. I shall not deal with Curry's/PC World again. Got the same Sat Nav same price free delivery off Amazon, don't waste your time I won't again.

Steerpike

Jan 12, 2013, 7:18:40 AM1/12/13
Stuff like this is a complete and utter waste of time, and will be ignored entirely!

The way to deal with all corporations giving you any sort of problem, is a letter of intent addressed to the CEO, suggesting immediate legal action will be taken, if whatever issues you have are not sorted within 14 days of the postmark of the letter.

In 9 cases out 10 you will get whatever you want pretty quickly, and if whatever it is has been a real pain, always be sure to ask for extra money to cover expenses and to compensate for trouble caused.

Never ever deal with customer service departments, or follow complaints procedures.........these things are designed purely and simply to dismiss your complaints, without doing anything about them.

Graham Murray

Jan 12, 2013, 7:45:36 AM1/12/13
dse...@googlemail.com writes:

> What terrible service this represents - customers booking online for
> later collection must have an assurance that the goods actually
> exist. I shall not deal with Curry's/PC World again. Got the same Sat
> Nav same price free delivery off Amazon, don't waste your time I won't
> again.

Maybe at the time you reserved it, the goods did exist in the store. But
between then and a shop employee putting it aside for you, a customer
took the last one from the shelf.

R. Mark Clayton

Jan 13, 2013, 7:12:55 AM1/13/13

<dse...@googlemail.com> wrote in message
I had a similar problem trying to buy a net-book exactly a year ago.
Fortunately I did my chasing between branches on the phone, but still got
the ring around. Then they put the price up, not once, but twice from Ł300
to Ł320 and then Ł350. I nearly weakened and bought at that price, but then
they suddenly stopped selling them, only to have them re-appear as
"refurbished" for Ł250. Now I had to order online (a PITA), but a brand new
net-book arrived about a week later.

Stephen Wolstenholme

Jan 13, 2013, 9:18:40 AM1/13/13
On Sun, 13 Jan 2013 12:12:55 -0000, "R. Mark Clayton"
<nospam...@btinternet.com> wrote:

>Now I had to order online (a PITA), but a brand new
>net-book arrived about a week later.

The way retail is going online will be the normal way to order
anything. I get about 99% of everything I need by ordering on line. I
haven't been to a shop for years.

Steve

R. Mark Clayton

Jan 13, 2013, 9:44:48 AM1/13/13

"Stephen Wolstenholme" <st...@npsl1.com> wrote in message
> On Sun, 13 Jan 2013 12:12:55 -0000, "R. Mark Clayton"
> <nospam...@btinternet.com> wrote:
>
>>Now I had to order online (a PITA), but a brand new
>>net-book arrived about a week later.
>
> The way retail is going online will be the normal way to order
> anything. I get about 99% of everything I need by ordering on line. I
> haven't been to a shop for years.

Ordering online is fine if you are going to be in.

It is an utter PITA of you miss the delivery, even if they can predict when
it will be.

There is an increasingly available method of ordering goods for collection
(e.g. at Argos, Curry's (when they get their act together)), John Lewis
etc.)

This saves the delivery charge and means that whilst you have to go to the
shop during opening hours, you can do so at a time convenient to you.

> Steve

Stephen Wolstenholme

Jan 13, 2013, 9:59:02 AM1/13/13
On Sun, 13 Jan 2013 14:44:48 -0000, "R. Mark Clayton"
<nospam...@btinternet.com> wrote:

>"Stephen Wolstenholme" <st...@npsl1.com> wrote in message
>> On Sun, 13 Jan 2013 12:12:55 -0000, "R. Mark Clayton"
>> <nospam...@btinternet.com> wrote:
>>
>>>Now I had to order online (a PITA), but a brand new
>>>net-book arrived about a week later.
>>
>> The way retail is going online will be the normal way to order
>> anything. I get about 99% of everything I need by ordering on line. I
>> haven't been to a shop for years.
>
>Ordering online is fine if you are going to be in.

I'm always in as I work from home.

>It is an utter PITA of you miss the delivery, even if they can predict when
>it will be.

AM or PM is good enough for me.

>There is an increasingly available method of ordering goods for collection
>(e.g. at Argos, Curry's (when they get their act together)), John Lewis
>etc.)
>
>This saves the delivery charge and means that whilst you have to go to the
>shop during opening hours, you can do so at a time convenient to you.

If there is a delivery charge it's always much less the cost of me
collecting.

AlanG

Jan 13, 2013, 11:03:28 AM1/13/13
On Sun, 13 Jan 2013 14:18:40 +0000, Stephen Wolstenholme
<st...@npsl1.com> wrote:

>On Sun, 13 Jan 2013 12:12:55 -0000, "R. Mark Clayton"
><nospam...@btinternet.com> wrote:
>
>>Now I had to order online (a PITA), but a brand new
>>net-book arrived about a week later.
>
>The way retail is going online will be the normal way to order
>anything. I get about 99% of everything I need by ordering on line. I
>haven't been to a shop for years.

I have gradually stopped buying anything but the basics in high street
shops due to the agression of security guards over the last year. I
finally twigged on that me being short sighted and picking stuff up to
hold near my eyes to try and read the description made them
suspicious. Now I look on the web and buy or order there. Fuck them
all.

AlanG

Jan 13, 2013, 11:06:18 AM1/13/13
On Sun, 13 Jan 2013 14:44:48 -0000, "R. Mark Clayton"
<nospam...@btinternet.com> wrote:

>"Stephen Wolstenholme" <st...@npsl1.com> wrote in message
>> On Sun, 13 Jan 2013 12:12:55 -0000, "R. Mark Clayton"
>> <nospam...@btinternet.com> wrote:
>>
>>>Now I had to order online (a PITA), but a brand new
>>>net-book arrived about a week later.
>>
>> The way retail is going online will be the normal way to order
>> anything. I get about 99% of everything I need by ordering on line. I
>> haven't been to a shop for years.
>
>Ordering online is fine if you are going to be in.
>
>It is an utter PITA of you miss the delivery, even if they can predict when
>it will be.
>
>There is an increasingly available method of ordering goods for collection
>(e.g. at Argos, Curry's (when they get their act together)), John Lewis
>etc.)

Done that. Smiths do a collect at store except they actually send the
thing to the store so it takesover a week. I ended up buying one
locally and returning the item to the Smiths branch as I collected it.

But I just bought a printer on line from Argos and collected that as
soon as the shop opened this morning

R. Mark Clayton

Jan 13, 2013, 7:28:22 PM1/13/13

"Stephen Wolstenholme" <st...@npsl1.com> wrote in message
SNIP

> I'm always in as I work from home.
>

>>It is an utter PITA of you miss the delivery, even if they can predict
>>when
>>it will be.
>>

> AM or PM is good enough for me.

Bully for you!

> If there is a delivery charge it's always much less the cost of me
> collecting.

Depends on what it is.

To big for a car = delivery anyway.

Very small = post through letterbox.

Medium - deliver or pick up.

Will [just] fit in car - pick up - less than delivery charge [IMO].

actor....@virgin.net

May 17, 2013, 5:29:36 PM5/17/13
Any help from you amazing people as to what my rights are I'd appreciate it?

OMG we've just spent nearly £2000 buying a washing machine, a tumble dryer and a Panasonic Fridge Freezer. They were all delivered on Mon (today is Fri 17th May 2013). We did as the instructions and plumbed the wash/mach in, put it on a "cleaning cycle" - it leaked all over the floor. Engineer came out the next day - sorted. Same delivery day we discovered that the Panasonic fridge freezer had a "clunk" on the door of the fridge so called currys TWICE, put through to Panasonic but they were closed. Tues AM called Panasonic directly and arranged engineer for next available time slot which was Friday....

Engineer came this morning and took the door off the fridge to investigate... here should have been a happy ending, an uplift number, and exchange of brand new goods but no it was not like that.....

Firstly the engineer told me that the fridge door was missing and a rubber bush on the door (like a big washer / the door is now expelling plastic granules where it is/has been ground down) at manufacturing and therefore was defective. he left as I was on the phone to Currys to report this. They told me to call Panasonic who said it wasn't their fault and i needed to call Currys again. I did....Curry's said they could not exchange it as they need an uplift number (Not true they are required by law to exchange or refund the defective machine at their own cost it was defective from new) Either way I was stuck between the devil and the deep blue sea.

I realised sometime later that, since the "adjustments" by the Panasonic engineer (Steve Murphy "I don't work for Panasonic we're just a subsidiary - I can't authorise anything for you I don't have the power"), the fridge is actually now completely broken - the LCD on the front doesn't work and as a consequence the fridge and freezer is now defrosting and all my food is now for the bin.

Brilliant!!! Then a brain wave.....I'll ask Currys to contact where I bought it from (I can't exactly take this back?) and ask them to exchange it for me....( I make no mention of the 2.5 hrs I've spent on the phone dealing with this matter - surely they'll just appreciate this and make it right?)

So the manager from Chester Diva retail park calls me, I forget to get his name and number as I'm so excited to hear from someone from Currys (I've been promised 3 calls back so far) I know, I know, I should have got them. He says to me that a new fridge is going to issued tomorrow and delivered, to call a certain number after 9pm with my reference no and they will tell me what time slot it will be.

Called at 9pm exactly on the number he gave me......ALL CURRYS LINES ARE NOW CLOSED!

Gosh their customer services are second to non...

TOMORROW:

IF the fridge turns up with the same fault I shall refuse it and then drive the hour+ to the store and demand compensation and a full refund... if not I'm taking these arseholes to court.....I'm so fed up with being fobbed off by them like it's meant to be. They actually told me today that they were doing me the favour because they were sending out a brand new fridge freezer, despite the fact that Panasonic had refused to issue the uplift number because I refused the repair........HELLO it's a brand new machine...not a refurb, why should I have to accept a faulty machine???? Rubbish service, rubbish products, rubbish company!

Zapp Brannigan

May 17, 2013, 6:07:35 PM5/17/13

<actor....@virgin.net> wrote in message

> IF the fridge turns up with the same fault I shall refuse it and then
> drive the hour+ to the store and demand compensation and a full refund...
> if not I'm taking these arseholes to court.....I'm so fed up with being
> fobbed off by them like it's meant to be. They actually told me today that
> they were doing me the favour because they were sending out a brand new
> fridge freezer, despite the fact that Panasonic had refused to issue the
> uplift number because I refused the repair........HELLO it's a brand new
> machine...not a refurb, why should I have to accept a faulty machine????
> Rubbish service, rubbish products, rubbish company!

Currys complaints procedure is to mess you about until your right to reject
the goods has expired. The important thing is to keep the good in your
possession, by making any promises or excuses necessary. They rely on
customers being confused and indecisive, and they love blusterers like you.

Stop thinking about complaints, court cases and compensation. These are
illusory, comforting fantasies to soothe your ego. What you should have
done is to exercise your actual legal rights
(www.adviceguide.org.uk/england/c_goods.pdf?) and reject the faulty goods.
Take them back to the store and demand a full refund.

p...@alliedcambridge.co.uk

Jan 4, 2014, 5:49:20 AM1/4/14
I went to local Currys to collect a microwave, showing in stock, same as the one I had, a Sharp basic one, nice and easy to use, which had just blown up, just out of warranty as always. Got there (Cambridge), not in stock, only in white, 'we can't order this said the rather attractive girl, think it is going out of production, try on line'. Got home, tried click and collect a few days later, one in stock, reserved, went there again, they had got a white one out ready. Poo. So I came home, ordered on line for delivery, turned up a couple of days later. Good I thought, at last. Got it out of the box, second hand, dirty, at least six months old ! Took it back, had a good moan at the Triffid behid the desk, having queued for ten minutes where it says 'returns'. sent to another queue, big argument with Triffid junior. Eventually got money back after much complaining. Spent a bunch of time and fuel on this. The problem is, where else can you go for appliances these days, all the independants are either shut or silly expensive. Paul M.

GB

Jan 4, 2014, 5:51:10 AM1/4/14
On 04/01/2014 10:49, p...@alliedcambridge.co.uk wrote:
> I went to local Currys to collect a microwave, showing in stock, same as the one I had, a Sharp basic one, nice and easy to use, which had just blown up, just out of warranty as always. Got there (Cambridge), not in stock, only in white, 'we can't order this said the rather attractive girl, think it is going out of production, try on line'. Got home, tried click and collect a few days later, one in stock, reserved, went there again, they had got a white one out ready. Poo. So I came home, ordered on line for delivery, turned up a couple of days later. Good I thought, at last. Got it out of the box, second hand, dirty, at least six months old ! Took it back, had a good moan at the Triffid behid the desk, having queued for ten minutes where it says 'returns'. sent to another queue, big argument with Triffid junior. Eventually got money back after much complaining. Spent a bunch of time and fuel on this. The problem is, where else can you go for appliances these days, all the indepen
dants are either shut or silly expensive. Paul M.

Amazon?

.newman

Jan 4, 2014, 6:29:22 AM1/4/14
Sharp Outlet on Ebay

Chairman Moo

Jan 4, 2014, 8:24:41 AM1/4/14
On Sat, 4 Jan 2014 02:49:20 -0800 (PST), p...@alliedcambridge.co.uk
wrote:

>I went to local Currys to collect a microwave, showing in stock, same as the one I had, a Sharp basic one, nice and easy to use, which had just blown up, just out of warranty as always. Got there (Cambridge), not in stock, only in white, 'we can't order this said the rather attractive girl, think it is going out of production, try on line'. Got home, tried click and collect a few days later, one in stock, reserved, went there again, they had got a white one out ready. Poo. So I came home, ordered on line for delivery, turned up a couple of days later. Good I thought, at last. Got it out of the box, second hand, dirty, at least six months old ! Took it back, had a good moan at the Triffid behid the desk, having queued for ten minutes where it says 'returns'. sent to another queue, big argument with Triffid junior. Eventually got money back after much complaining. Spent a bunch of time and fuel on this. The problem is, where else can you go for appliances these days,

Argos
Morrisons
Asda
Brighthouse
Tesco

> all the
>independants are either shut or silly expensive. Paul M.

Our microwave combi (Samsung from Currys) died on Christmas eve. I
nipped over to the nearest Currys and got a Sharp for �99.99. Works
well.

Tony Dragon

Jan 4, 2014, 8:57:09 AM1/4/14
On 04/01/2014 10:49, p...@alliedcambridge.co.uk wrote:
> I went to local Currys to collect a microwave, showing in stock, same as the one I had, a Sharp basic one, nice and easy to use, which had just blown up, just out of warranty as always. Got there (Cambridge), not in stock, only in white, 'we can't order this said the rather attractive girl, think it is going out of production, try on line'. Got home, tried click and collect a few days later, one in stock, reserved, went there again, they had got a white one out ready. Poo. So I came home, ordered on line for delivery, turned up a couple of days later. Good I thought, at last. Got it out of the box, second hand, dirty, at least six months old ! Took it back, had a good moan at the Triffid behid the desk, having queued for ten minutes where it says 'returns'. sent to another queue, big argument with Triffid junior. Eventually got money back after much complaining. Spent a bunch of time and fuel on this. The problem is, where else can you go for appliances these days, all the indepen
dants are either shut or silly expensive. Paul M.

John Lewis.

Steve Walker

Jan 4, 2014, 10:11:59 AM1/4/14

empiredirectappliances.co.uk have been excellent in my experience.

Chairman Moo

Jan 4, 2014, 10:12:23 AM1/4/14
What is a John Lewis.

Ah I see. A quick web search shows there is indeed a branch 60 miles
away

Mondeo Man

Jan 4, 2014, 10:26:15 AM1/4/14
However, if you have a Waitrose near to you, you can order John Lewis
goods online and collect them from that Waitrose the following day.

--
Out of my way you plebs!

Chairman Moo

Jan 4, 2014, 12:23:36 PM1/4/14
On Sat, 04 Jan 2014 15:26:15 +0000, Mondeo Man <ess...@home.co.uk>
wrote:
Nearest Waitrose is also over 60 miles away.

Easier to go to Currys or Argos a mile up the road for one and two
miles for the other

Flop

Jan 4, 2014, 12:44:08 PM1/4/14
On 04/01/2014 15:12, Chairman Moo wrote:
> On Sat, 04 Jan 2014 13:57:09 +0000, Tony Dragon
> <tony....@btinternet.com> wrote:
>
>> On 04/01/2014 10:49, p...@alliedcambridge.co.uk wrote:
>>> I went to local Currys to collect a microwave, showing in stock, same as the one I had, a Sharp basic one, nice and easy to use, which had just blown up, just out of warranty as always.

Got there (Cambridge), not in stock, only in white, 'we can't order this
said the rather attractive girl, think it is going out of production,
try on line'.

Got home, tried click and collect a few days later, one in stock,
reserved, went there again, they had got a white one out ready. Poo.

So I came home, ordered on line for delivery, turned up a couple of days
later. Good I thought, at last. Got it out of the box, second hand,
dirty, at least six months old !

Took it back, had a good moan at the Triffid behid the desk, having
queued for ten minutes where it says 'returns'. sent to another queue,
big argument with Triffid junior.

Eventually got money back after much complaining. Spent a bunch of time
and fuel on this. The problem is, where else can you go for appliances
these days, all the independants are either shut or silly expensive. Paul M.

>> John Lewis.
>
> What is a John Lewis.
>
> Ah I see. A quick web search shows there is indeed a branch 60 miles
> away

Having encountered the same type of problem as the OP with many
different suppliers, I an inclined to suggest that the best solution may
be to travel the 60miles.

--

Flop

Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

Chairman Moo

Jan 4, 2014, 1:31:32 PM1/4/14
But when my microwave died at noon on 24 december 2013 I just got into
my car and drove a couple of miles to currys and bought a Sharp combi
oven for �99.99. They had loads of basic microwaves in for as little
as �40. Methinks the OP is a fusspot

Lloyd

Jan 4, 2014, 1:50:58 PM1/4/14
On Sat, 04 Jan 2014 15:12:23 +0000, Chairman Moo <thi...@byre.invalid.com>
wrote:
How do you know that he lives sixty miles away from:

John Lewis
Grand Arcade
10 Downing Street
Cambridge
CB2 3DS

Or is it you who lives somewhere out in a shit hole in the sticks miles from
everywhere with no running water or electricity?

Judith <jmsmi...@hotmail.co.uk>

Flop

Jan 4, 2014, 3:23:34 PM1/4/14
On 04/01/2014 18:31, Chairman Moo wrote:

> But when my microwave died at noon on 24 december 2013 I just got into
> my car and drove a couple of miles to currys and bought a Sharp combi
> oven for �99.99. They had loads of basic microwaves in for as little
> as �40. Methinks the OP is a fusspot

You have become confused.

The problem is not the purchase - anyone (even Currys) can sell you
something.

What distinguishes the good and bad retailers is how they solve a problem.

Some deny that the problem exists/ that you bought it from them/ that
your 7day guarantee has expired/ that you have to return it to the
manufacturer/ it was self-inflicted/ etc. Or all of them.

Others fix the problem.

Chairman Moo

Jan 5, 2014, 4:05:41 AM1/5/14
On Sat, 04 Jan 2014 20:23:34 +0000, Flop <Fl...@flop.knot.me.uk> wrote:

>On 04/01/2014 18:31, Chairman Moo wrote:
>>
>> But when my microwave died at noon on 24 december 2013 I just got into
>> my car and drove a couple of miles to currys and bought a Sharp combi
>> oven for �99.99. They had loads of basic microwaves in for as little
>> as �40. Methinks the OP is a fusspot
>>
>You have become confused.
>
>The problem is not the purchase - anyone (even Currys) can sell you
>something.

The OP wanted a basic microwave. He could have just bought what they
had on the shelf

>What distinguishes the good and bad retailers is how they solve a problem.
>
>Some deny that the problem exists/ that you bought it from them/ that
>your 7day guarantee has expired/ that you have to return it to the
>manufacturer/ it was self-inflicted/ etc. Or all of them.

I have never had a problem returning faulty goods to Currys. Once they
no longer stocked the item and offered me a replacement that cost
more. Argos are useless though

>Others fix the problem.

Stephen Wolstenholme

Jan 5, 2014, 4:43:38 AM1/5/14
On Sat, 04 Jan 2014 17:44:08 +0000, Flop <Fl...@flop.knot.me.uk> wrote:

>Having encountered the same type of problem as the OP with many
>different suppliers, I an inclined to suggest that the best solution may
>be to travel the 60miles.

That's much too difficult in my wheelchair! I'll stick to companies
who do home delivery.

Steve

--
Neural Planner Software http://www.npsnn.com
EasyNN-plus neural network software http://www.easynn.com

richardm...@googlemail.com

Jan 6, 2014, 5:48:42 AM1/6/14
Argos
Morrisons
Asda
Brighthouse
Tesco

----

Not much choice in any of those stores save for Argos.
The issue with Argos is that you cant look at the product
until you have bought it.
I had an issue with a vacuum cleaner purchased on line
even though i expressed the DSR and my rights to refuse
(because they would not supply a copy invoice even though
it is in their terms) within 5 days of purchase.

It took months to resolve the issue. I received a letter
telling me to stop buying from them and to "desist" from
using social media.

rosalyn...@gmail.com

Sep 29, 2014, 1:05:30 PM9/29/14
On Tuesday, 20 July 2010 09:34:29 UTC+1, Henry Carty wrote:
> Dear Currys
>
> If you are reading this please can you repond to my myriad of emails
> that I have sent you. I have executed the requirements set out in your
> complaints procedure by emailing your customer services. Not only do
> you not bide by the Sales of Good Act you dont even adhere to your
> terms and conditions.
>
> regards
>
> Henry
>
> PS May I applaud your efforts of helping special needs by
> reintroducing them back into the community by employing them as sales
> staff.

Could not agree more - have spent most of today trying to get hold of someone - anyone who can actually sort out recurring washing machine issue (under a year old) only to be told that I have to have yet another engineer visit. According to the Whatever Happens premium care policy sold with the machine if they fail to resolve the problem in 7 days they replace. First visit 2nd Sept, now 29th. Anyone who can count can work out that they are not even following their own T&Cs. Apparently they no longer sell this policy - doesn't matter it's the one I bought, why don't they honour it??

R. Mark Clayton

Sep 29, 2014, 3:55:15 PM9/29/14

<rosalyn...@gmail.com> wrote in message
This is normal for Curry's. The will not even honour their price pledge
with their own web site.

As for we "Knowhow" to break it - their [in house?] carriers are an
abomination.

jthol...@gmail.com

Aug 10, 2016, 8:11:10 AM8/10/16

Ophelia

Aug 10, 2016, 8:30:00 AM8/10/16
wrote in message
-------------------------------

<g>
--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Richard McKenzie

Aug 10, 2016, 8:46:42 AM8/10/16
OP 2014 recently I bought a Computeractive
it seems that the customer care at CurrysPCWorld
remains the same piss poor standard.

One author of a letter had an issue getting a
laptop that was advertised in store after
20minutes he reserved it on his mobile thus
proving that the item was in stock.

Ophelia

Aug 10, 2016, 8:52:50 AM8/10/16
"Richard McKenzie" wrote in message
-----------------------

Not very good advertising for Curry's eh? It ought not to surprise me but
it does.

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Simon Mason

Aug 10, 2016, 10:07:02 AM8/10/16
On Wednesday, 10 August 2016 13:52:50 UTC+1, Ophelia wrote:

> Not very good advertising for Curry's eh? It ought not to surprise me but
> it does.

Our lass wanted a vacuum cleaner from Currys last week and when it arrived she asked me to assemble it. First instruction was to attach handle with screw provided, however there was no handle as shown in the diagram.

She took it back and demanded a refund which arrived in my account two days later.

Ophelia

Aug 10, 2016, 10:39:10 AM8/10/16
"Simon Mason" wrote in message
--------------

Maybe those posters need your lass to speak on their behalf ...

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

tim...

Aug 10, 2016, 1:05:49 PM8/10/16

"Richard McKenzie" <richardm...@googlemail.com> wrote in message
> On Wednesday, 10 August 2016 13:30:00 UTC+1, Ophelia wrote:
>> wrote in message
>>
>> On Tuesday, July 20, 2010 at 9:34:29 AM UTC+1, Henry Carty wrote:
>> > Dear Currys
>> >
>> > If you are reading this please can you repond to my myriad of emails
>> > that I have sent you. I have executed the requirements set out in your
>> > complaints procedure by emailing your customer services. Not only do
>> > you not bide by the Sales of Good Act you dont even adhere to your
>> > terms and conditions.
>> >
>> > regards
>> >
>> > Henry
>> >
>> > PS May I applaud your efforts of helping special needs by
>> > reintroducing them back into the community by employing them as sales
>> > staff.
>> -------------------------------
>>
>> <g>
>> --
>> http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk
>
> OP 2014 recently I bought a Computeractive
> it seems that the customer care at CurrysPCWorld
> remains the same piss poor standard.

Much to my surprise that's what I got when I recently went to Jessops

I was expecting to get sensible advice from a knowledgeable assistant (as
used to be the case) help me find something that meet my requirements

but all I got was the sales droid who seemed to know SFA about the range of
cameras on offer saying "how about this one, how about that one"

And they wonder why people buy off the net

tim

daveh...@gmail.com

Dec 2, 2016, 9:01:20 AM12/2/16
Currys just lost 450.00 order what a disgrace of a company

Handsome Jack

Dec 2, 2016, 11:37:15 AM12/2/16
daveh...@gmail.com posted
>Currys just lost 450.00 order what a disgrace of a company

Brexit?

--
Jack