VIADRUS boilers

Alan Wardrop

Jan 21, 2002, 9:18:12 AM1/21/02
Has anyone come across these Czech made boilers?

www.viadrus.cz yields some limited info, but I can find no UK based
references to them whatever. Perhaps they are imported under a quite
different brand name?

I've had one recommended to me, but am somewhat put off by the lack of
references.

Cheers,
Alan Wardrop

International Man of Mystery

Jan 21, 2002, 12:50:04 PM1/21/02
"Alan Wardrop" <alan_w...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Parts, backup etc. Give them a wide berth as a cheap deal may end up being a
nightmare.

--
International Man of Mystery
Part Time World-wide Playboy

geoff

Jan 21, 2002, 2:35:13 PM1/21/02
In message <a2hkgj$raf$1...@newsg4.svr.pol.co.uk>, International Man of
Mystery <I...@NOOSSPPAM-IMM.com> writes

>"Alan Wardrop" <alan_w...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Has anyone come across these Czech made boilers?
>>
>> www.viadrus.cz yields some limited info, but I can find no UK based
>> references to them whatever. Perhaps they are imported under a quite
>> different brand name?
>>
>> I've had one recommended to me, but am somewhat put off by the lack of
>> references.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Alan Wardrop
>
>Parts, backup etc. Give them a wide berth as a cheap deal may end up being a
>nightmare.

Can they actually be any worse than Baxi ??

Baxi Bermuda - no pcbs in the country, a situation that won't change for
at least three weeks (apparently)
--
geoff

Ed Sirett

Jan 21, 2002, 5:29:38 PM1/21/02

Alan Wardrop wrote in message ...
If it's not CE marked then it's not suitable before any other
considerations.

- -

Ed Sirett

Jan 21, 2002, 5:56:22 PM1/21/02

geoff wrote in message ...
geoff, I thought the Bermuda was a really low-tech _back_ boiler with just
a thermostat and a 230V gas valve, are there more recent models with the
same name but with PCBs then?

geoff

Jan 21, 2002, 7:26:46 PM1/21/02
In message <1011653794.24044....@news.demon.co.uk>, Ed
Sirett <e...@makewrite.demon.co.uk> writes

>>Can they actually be any worse than Baxi ??
>>
>>Baxi Bermuda - no pcbs in the country, a situation that won't change for
>>at least three weeks (apparently)
>>
>geoff, I thought the Bermuda was a really low-tech _back_ boiler with just
>a thermostat and a 230V gas valve, are there more recent models with the
>same name but with PCBs then?
>
>- -
>Ed Sirett - Property maintainer and registered gas fitter.

Doh, that's the second wrongie in three days (I'm losing it)

Sorry, I meant Barcelona (and I wasn't even drunk !)
--
geoff

International Man of Mystery

Jan 22, 2002, 8:47:08 AM1/22/02
"geoff" <ge...@cetltd.demon.co.uk> wrote in message

Then people should buy a basic non-electronic Keston.

stuart noble

Jan 22, 2002, 2:03:03 PM1/22/02

International Man of Mystery wrote in message ...

>Then people should buy a basic non-electronic Keston.
BTW their Celsius 25 isn't a combi although it is listed as such on the
discountedheating web site.