Gas cooker - grill stopped working

goodolpete

Nov 6, 2011, 8:54:07 AM11/6/11
I have a Diplomat 700G gas cooker with a grill
and an oven. Yesterday I left the grill on full
while I ate what I had cooked. After realising
what I'd done, I turned it off. Now when I turn the
knob for the grill, no gas comes out. Can anyone
suggest what has happened, and how to fix it please?

Phil L

Nov 6, 2011, 10:49:13 AM11/6/11
The knob isn't gripping the steel spigot onto which it's affixed - usually
in a D shape - pull it off and take a look at the back of the knob, you've
probably cracked it where it fits on

Brian Gaff

Nov 7, 2011, 2:48:43 AM11/7/11
Can be even more naff. Somone told me some recent taps actually have plastic
spindles which seems to be a bit dangerous.
Brian

--
Brian Gaff - bri...@blueyonder.co.uk
in the display name may be lost.
"Phil L" <neverc...@hoitmail.com> wrote in message

harry

Nov 7, 2011, 2:17:07 PM11/7/11
We had a similar problem. This was caused by a gradual build up of
burnt fat "spatter" that eventually blocked the gas inlet jet. This
had entered the grill bar via the air hole. It was easily cleaned out
and the grill now works fine.

Harry

goodolpete

Nov 18, 2011, 5:06:45 AM11/18/11
On Nov 7, 7:17 pm, harry <sparta...@talk.net> wrote:
> On Sun, 6 Nov 2011 05:54:07 -0800 (PST), goodolpete
> <siramicti...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >Hi,
> >I have a Diplomat 700G gas cooker with a grill
>
> Harry

Thanks for all your replies. Just to complete the tale, a friend of a
friend
in the trade came round, pulled the oven out of the housing, and
lifted up
the flexible metal shield at the top of the oven. On the LHS was a
device
with three wires on, bolted through to the grill compartment. He took
out
his screwdriver and pushed down the button on the top, and the grill
started working again. This is the grill overheating cutout. A few
beer
tokens to him, and my missus is now talking to me again (Maybe that's
the downside?!)

aao...@gmail.com

Nov 18, 2014, 12:34:06 PM11/18/14
Thank you My husband followed your instructions and our grill, which has not worked for 9 years, is now working properly. Thanks again

avril...@gmail.com

Sep 9, 2018, 5:33:17 AM9/9/18
We left grill on and shut it up after cooking and only when we saw smoke coming out realised what we had done and switched it off. Now it has no gas coming through . Any ideas what to do to fix it

newshound

Sep 9, 2018, 8:58:55 AM9/9/18
On 09/09/2018 10:33, avril...@gmail.com wrote:
> We left grill on and shut it up after cooking and only when we saw smoke coming out realised what we had done and switched it off. Now it has no gas coming through . Any ideas what to do to fix it

Havn't seen a (domestic) gas grill for decades. Might help if you said
what antique it was on.

Fredxx

Sep 9, 2018, 9:13:58 AM9/9/18
On 09/09/2018 10:33, avril...@gmail.com wrote:
After it cooled down is there still no gas flow?

Make and Model may assist too.

Chris Green

Sep 9, 2018, 10:33:05 AM9/9/18
We have a brand new one on our boat, manufactured by "Thetford".

--
Chris Green
·

newshound

Sep 9, 2018, 11:15:19 AM9/9/18
Not domestic, though.

Chris Green

Sep 9, 2018, 1:03:05 PM9/9/18
Well our boat is pretty domestic as we live on it some of the time! :-)

The Thetford ovens (etc.) are aimed at caravans mainly which I would
class as domestic.

--
Chris Green
·

Brian Gaff

Sep 10, 2018, 3:43:25 AM9/10/18
Would you not think that in such a case the gas would be cut of for safety?
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...