OT: don't mention...

Bill Wright

May 2, 2016, 4:07:21 PM5/2/16
Since my reputation as a raconteur and wit is spreading I don't think it
will be long before I am invited onto a BBC show, such as the News Quiz
or Have I Got News For You. Maybe even a politics show! However I have a
poor memory and find it difficult to remember the rules I must obey if I
am to ever be invited back. Obviously you can't go on the BBC and just
say anything. For this reason I have listened carefully to a variety of
BBC programmes and I think I've got the idea. I've made a crib sheet, as
follows:

Housing shortage: Only discuss the supply side (failure of capitalism).
Don't discuss the demand side (population growth) because it can lead to
a mention of immigration.

Health Service: Main thing is to get in a dig against Jeremy Hunt.
Don't discuss the demand side (population growth) because it can lead to
a mention of immigration. If the demand side does crop up blame the old
folk, selfishly crowding into the hospitals. On no account don't mention
maternity figures, as this can lead to a mention of immigration.

Education. The shortage of school places should be blamed on a lack of
government investment since the Tories got in. Don't discuss the demand
side (population growth) because it can lead to a mention of
immigration. On no account mention the fact that children who don't
speak much English use up more resources, or that some cultures produce
kids who cause more trouble than others.

Transport. All transport congestion issues should be blamed on a lack of
government investment since the Tories got in. Don't discuss the demand
side (population growth) because it can lead to a mention of immigration.

Bill

Andy Burns

May 2, 2016, 4:16:23 PM5/2/16
Bill Wright wrote:

> Health Service: Main thing is to get in a dig against Jeremy Hunt.

Be very careful with pronunciation, best avoid the green room before the
show.

Tim+

May 2, 2016, 4:32:38 PM5/2/16
Like anyone is going to do that...

http://youtu.be/suOPz-rRSxg

Tim

--
Trolls AND TROLL FEEDERS all go in my kill file

PeterC

May 2, 2016, 4:38:25 PM5/2/16
Yes - don't forget that he used to be the Hulture Secretary.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away

ARW

May 2, 2016, 5:03:12 PM5/2/16
"Bill Wright" <wrights...@f2s.com> wrote in message
> Since my reputation as a raconteur and wit is spreading I don't think it
> will be long before I am invited onto a BBC show, such as the News Quiz or
> Have I Got News For You. Maybe even a politics show!

Fuck the BBC.

Rachel Rileys dressing room is in the CH4 studios.

--
Adam

Capitol

May 2, 2016, 5:13:59 PM5/2/16
You missed, " don't talk about antisemitism in the Labour party
leading to suspension of local politicians". Reprted on SKY, but not the
BBC today.

spuorg...@gowanhill.com

May 2, 2016, 5:25:38 PM5/2/16
On Monday, 2 May 2016 21:07:21 UTC+1, Bill Wright wrote:
> Education. The shortage of school places should be blamed on a lack of
> government investment since the Tories got in.

Don't mention schools are resorting to crowd-funding for board games and swings for the playground.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/14465044.Glasgow_primary_which_has_no_indigenous_S%20%20cots_launches_crowdfunding_appeal_to_buy_new_equip%20%20ment/?ref=mr&lp=2

I wonder if they've complained to their MSP or if she's too busy to attend to constituency affairs

Owain

harry

May 3, 2016, 2:39:01 AM5/3/16
On Monday, 2 May 2016 21:07:21 UTC+1, Bill Wright wrote:
That about sums it up.
Only Nigel Farage speaks the truth.
And Donald Trump.

Vote BREXIT or we are all doomed.

Rod Speed

May 3, 2016, 3:17:39 AM5/3/16

"harry" <harry...@btinternet.com> wrote in message
> That about sums it up.
> Only Nigel Farage speaks the truth.

He lied thru his fucking teeth when he claimed that UKIP would
get a landslide of seats in the previous election and in fact lost
HALF the seats they went into the election with instead.

And he lied thru his fucking teeth when he said that if he didn't
get a seat himself, he'd quit UKIP because it made no sense for
someone who couldn't even get elected to Westminster to be
the leader of UKIP.

> And Donald Trump.

He lied thru his fucking teeth about getting Mexico to pay for
the wall he claims to build between Mexico and the US, you
watch if the US voters are actually stupid enough to elect him.

> Vote BREXIT or we are all doomed.

More of your bare faced lies, you silly little pathological liar.

Brian Gaff

May 3, 2016, 3:37:21 AM5/3/16
And the problem is of course that a recent article in Nature proved beyond
all doubt that the gov wants immigration as there are now jobs the ordinary
population just will not do cheaply enough.
One other thing to watch out for on the BBC of course is to mention
anything to do with children looking pretty.
If you are choosing music, make sure its not Young Girl by Union Gap or
Sweet Little 16 or similar tunes, at least not until after the watershed,
whatever thaat may mean.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

dennis@home

May 3, 2016, 7:32:09 AM5/3/16
On 03/05/2016 07:38, harry wrote:

> Only Nigel Farage speaks the truth.

Its nice to see you confess to all your lies.

harry

May 3, 2016, 11:30:17 AM5/3/16
One of your fantasies?

Bob Eager

May 3, 2016, 1:41:56 PM5/3/16
A lot of us have the same fantasy.

TheChief

May 3, 2016, 2:17:18 PM5/3/16
Bob Eager <news...@eager.cx> Wrote in message:
+1 Saw her on a charity show after doing some kind of sport thing.
Even without all the countdown make up and fancy outfits she
still looked a total babe!

--

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

The Natural Philosopher

May 3, 2016, 2:29:48 PM5/3/16
Whatever that actually *means*..

Harrumph.

twenty-first century’s developed world went into hysterical panic over a
globally average temperature increase of a few tenths of a degree, and,
on the basis of gross exaggerations of highly uncertain computer
projections combined into implausible chains of inference, proceeded to
contemplate a rollback of the industrial age.

Richard Lindzen

ARW

May 3, 2016, 5:11:23 PM5/3/16
"The Natural Philosopher" <t...@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
> On 03/05/16 19:17, TheChief wrote:
>> Bob Eager <news...@eager.cx> Wrote in message:

>>> A lot of us have the same fantasy.
>>>

>> +1 Saw her on a charity show after doing some kind of sport thing.
>> Even without all the countdown make up and fancy outfits she
>> still looked a total babe!
>>
> Whatever that actually *means*..

Don't you ask Susie Dent for the answer to that one?

--
Adam

Bob Eager

May 3, 2016, 7:01:29 PM5/3/16
She does nothing for me.

News

May 4, 2016, 2:47:07 AM5/4/16
In message <ngaqmp$g53$1...@news.albasani.net>, The Natural Philosopher
<t...@invalid.invalid> writes
>On 03/05/16 19:17, TheChief wrote:
>> Even without all the countdown make up and fancy outfits she
>> still looked a total babe!
>>
>Whatever that actually *means*..

What it means, IME, depends on quite a large extent to *your* age rather
than hers.
--
Graeme

harry

May 4, 2016, 3:08:57 AM5/4/16

Rod Speed

May 4, 2016, 3:33:58 AM5/4/16

"harry" <harry...@btinternet.com> wrote in message
Just another brainless bimbo with false tits.

stvl...@googlemail.com

May 4, 2016, 4:49:42 PM5/4/16

> Just another brainless bimbo with false tits.

Australian, then?

alan_m

May 5, 2016, 5:35:58 AM5/5/16
[quote]
the appeal states that £10 could buy board games like Guess Who? which
would help pupils practice language and social skills, £100 could fund
an after school club where children and adults could learn English
through playing together, £200 could fund a trip to the seaside or
countryside so pupils can learn vocabulary and see more of their new
home country, £500 could fund playground improvements and £1000 fit out
a new outdoor classroom.
[/quote]

I doubt if any school gets official funding for these activities!

What is an "outdoor classroom"? This school is in Scotland where the
temperature seldom gets above freezing and if it isn't raining it's
about to rain :)

Big Les Wade

May 6, 2016, 9:26:03 AM5/6/16
spuorg...@gowanhill.com posted
>On Monday, 2 May 2016 21:07:21 UTC+1, Bill Wright wrote:
>> Education. The shortage of school places should be blamed on a lack of
>> government investment since the Tories got in.
>
>Don't mention schools are resorting to crowd-funding for board games
>and swings for the playground.
>
>http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/14465044.Glasgow_primary_which_has_no
>_indigenous_S%20%20cots_launches_crowdfunding_appeal_to_buy_new_equip%20
>%20ment/?ref=mr&lp=2

That school is, because the parents are all penniless immigrants who
haven't even formed a PTA to raise money. Almost all other schools do
that in order to buy the things that the public funding doesn't cover.
And that happens both under a Labour or Conservative government and
always has done. Or at least did when the families concerned were
English.

>I wonder if they've complained to their MSP or if she's too busy to
>attend to constituency affairs

It appears that none of them speak English. It exemplifies exactly what
Bill was talking about.

--
Les

The Natural Philosopher

May 6, 2016, 9:44:15 AM5/6/16
On 06/05/16 14:25, Big Les Wade wrote:
> It appears that none of them speak English. It exemplifies exactly what
> Bill was talking about.

I was absolutely appalled to discover on the Beeb last night that the
mayor of Sheffield can't speak or read English, either.

..I'd spend it on drink.

Sir Henry (at Rawlinson's End)

News

May 6, 2016, 1:47:23 PM5/6/16
In message <ngi73d$dtm$2...@news.albasani.net>, The Natural Philosopher
<t...@invalid.invalid> writes

>I was absolutely appalled to discover on the Beeb last night that the
>mayor of Sheffield can't speak or read English, either.

Can anyone else in Sheffield?
--
Graeme

Mark

May 7, 2016, 10:21:26 AM5/7/16

"News" <Gra...@nospam.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
Or in London it seems, Sharia law for all Londoners will be next

-

Simo

May 7, 2016, 8:41:07 PM5/7/16

"Mark" <Ma...@127.0.0.1> wrote in message news:ngktei$7ge$1...@dont-email.me...
Just another silly little fantasy.

The Natural Philosopher

May 7, 2016, 8:55:16 PM5/7/16
Thats what they said about Nazi death camps too...

its shoes.

Dave Plowman (News)

May 8, 2016, 6:52:21 AM5/8/16
In article <ngm2pi$6dl$1...@news.albasani.net>,
The Natural Philosopher <t...@invalid.invalid> wrote:
> On 08/05/16 01:40, Simo wrote:
> >

> > "Mark" <Ma...@127.0.0.1> wrote in message news:ngktei$7ge$1...@dont-email.me...
> >>
> >> "News" <Gra...@nospam.demon.co.uk> wrote in message

> >> Or in London it seems, Sharia law for all Londoners will be next
> >
> > Just another silly little fantasy.

> Thats what they said about Nazi death camps too...

Says the UKIP supporter.

--
*There are 3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

To e-mail, change noise into sound.

tabb...@gmail.com

May 8, 2016, 6:57:29 AM5/8/16
On Sunday, 8 May 2016 11:52:21 UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
> In article <ngm2pi$6dl$1...@news.albasani.net>,
> The Natural Philosopher <t...@invalid.invalid> wrote:

> > > Just another silly little fantasy.
>
> > Thats what they said about Nazi death camps too...
>
> Says the UKIP supporter.

That doesn't change its validity. We're seeing a threat like no other since the war. The parallel is striking: in both cases the world plan was openly published, yet most chose to stick their head in the sand and say it will never happen.

NT

Dave Plowman (News)

May 8, 2016, 7:39:36 AM5/8/16
In article <0ba9ad07-b685-4fdd...@googlegroups.com>,
Right. So let's get this straight. You think Khan a believer/supporter of
Sharia law and in a position to implement it in London?

--
*Go the extra mile. It makes your boss look like an incompetent slacker *

Timothy Murphy

May 8, 2016, 8:02:45 AM5/8/16
Mark wrote:

>>>mayor of Sheffield can't speak or read English, either.
>>
>> Can anyone else in Sheffield?
>
> Or in London it seems,

Sadiq Khan is a great orator.

His "big tent" speech should change the direction of the Labour Party,
and hearing it is the first time I've thought Labour might win in 1920.

--
Timothy Murphy
gayleard /at/ eircom.net

Dave Plowman (News)

May 8, 2016, 8:36:01 AM5/8/16
In article <ngn9mf$foj$1...@dont-email.me>,
Timothy Murphy <gayl...@eircom.net> wrote:

> >> Can anyone else in Sheffield?
> >
> > Or in London it seems,

> Sadiq Khan is a great orator.

Yes.

> His "big tent" speech should change the direction of the Labour Party,
> and hearing it is the first time I've thought Labour might win in 1920.

He also speaks on things he has direct experience of. Unlike so many where
the closest they've been to poverty is the tuck cheque being a day late.

--
*Who are these kids and why are they calling me Mom?

The Natural Philosopher

May 8, 2016, 8:46:22 AM5/8/16
On 08/05/16 13:44, Tim Streater wrote:
> In article <557d08a...@davenoise.co.uk>, Dave Plowman (News)
> <da...@davenoise.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> In article <ngn9mf$foj$1...@dont-email.me>,
>> Timothy Murphy <gayl...@eircom.net> wrote:

>>> the

>>> Sadiq Khan is a great orator.
>>
>> Yes.
>>
>>> His "big tent" speech should change the direction of the Labour Party,
>>> and hearing it is the first time I've thought Labour might win in 1920.
>>
>> He also speaks on things he has direct experience of. Unlike so many
>> where
>> the closest they've been to poverty is the tuck cheque being a day late.
>
> Were you always this much of a snob, Dave, or did you have to go away
> for training?

Inverted snob.

I've been poorer than Dave ever has.

Twice in a foreign country with no more than the clothes I stood up in
and a pack.

too dark to read.

Groucho Marx

tabb...@gmail.com

May 8, 2016, 9:10:39 AM5/8/16
On Sunday, 8 May 2016 12:39:36 UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
> In article <0ba9ad07-b685-4fdd...@googlegroups.com>,
> <tabbypurr> wrote:
> > On Sunday, 8 May 2016 11:52:21 UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

> > > Says the UKIP supporter.
>
> > That doesn't change its validity. We're seeing a threat like no other
> > since the war. The parallel is striking: in both cases the world plan
> > was openly published, yet most chose to stick their head in the sand and
> > say it will never happen.
>

> Right. So let's get this straight. You think Khan a believer/supporter of
> Sharia law and in a position to implement it in London?

I hope that was just a moment of monumental stupidity on your part and you no longer believe that.

NT

Dave Plowman (News)

May 8, 2016, 9:34:18 AM5/8/16
In article <080520161344085346%timst...@greenbee.net>,
Tim Streater <timst...@greenbee.net> wrote:
> >He also speaks on things he has direct experience of. Unlike so many
> >where the closest they've been to poverty is the tuck cheque being a
> >day late.

> Were you always this much of a snob, Dave, or did you have to go away
> for training?

Didn't realise you were a multi millionaire who went to Eton and had such
thin skin, Tim. Sorry.

--
*Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.

Dave Plowman (News)

May 8, 2016, 9:44:23 AM5/8/16
In article <ngncer$5ib$1...@news.albasani.net>,
The Natural Philosopher <t...@invalid.invalid> wrote:
> >> He also speaks on things he has direct experience of. Unlike so many
> >> where the closest they've been to poverty is the tuck cheque being a
> >> day late.
> >
> > Were you always this much of a snob, Dave, or did you have to go away
> > for training?
> >
> Inverted snob.

> I've been poorer than Dave ever has.

> Twice in a foreign country with no more than the clothes I stood up in
> and a pack.

Then how come you didn't learn from your experience?

--
*If God had wanted me to touch my toes, he would have put them on my knees

charles

May 8, 2016, 10:16:48 AM5/8/16
In article <ngn9mf$foj$1...@dont-email.me>,
Timothy Murphy <gayl...@eircom.net> wrote:

> >> Can anyone else in Sheffield?
> >
> > Or in London it seems,

> Sadiq Khan is a great orator.

> His "big tent" speech should change the direction of the Labour Party,
> and hearing it is the first time I've thought Labour might win in 1920.

back to the future?

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England

The Natural Philosopher

May 8, 2016, 10:47:58 AM5/8/16
On 08/05/16 15:28, Tim Streater wrote:
> In article <557d0e7...@davenoise.co.uk>, Dave Plowman (News)
> <da...@davenoise.co.uk> wrote:

>>> Were you always this much of a snob, Dave, or did you have to go away
>>> for training?
>>
>> Didn't realise you were a multi millionaire who went to Eton and had such
>> thin skin, Tim. Sorry.
>
> Don't wriggle. Enlighten us about your snobby attitude.

He doesn't have to. Its a classic LeftyCunt syndrome. He has failed at
something - who hasn't? - and instead of, like the rest of us, having to
man up and admit that maybe we aren't the next best thing to Einstein,
he has found a ready made excuse. 'They' have been 'oppressing him' and
'denying him equality of opportunity'.

And so he has been taught to hate anyone who is actually really superior
to him in the one way that matters, accepting what you were born with
and making the best of it.

A Dylan quote is appropiate at this point:

"Bent out of shape by society's pliers,
Cares not to come up any higher
But rather drag you down in the hole
That he's in.

I mean no harm, nor put fault
On anyone
That lives in a vault
But its all right ma
If I can't please him."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYajHZ4QUVM

private property.

Karl Marx

Dave Plowman (News)

May 8, 2016, 2:00:39 PM5/8/16
In article <ngnjis$j65$1...@news.albasani.net>,
The Natural Philosopher <t...@invalid.invalid> wrote:
> >> Didn't realise you were a multi millionaire who went to Eton and had
> >> such thin skin, Tim. Sorry.
> >
> > Don't wriggle. Enlighten us about your snobby attitude.
> >
> He doesn't have to. Its a classic LeftyCunt syndrome. He has failed at
> something - who hasn't? - and instead of, like the rest of us, having to
> man up and admit that maybe we aren't the next best thing to Einstein,
> he has found a ready made excuse. 'They' have been 'oppressing him' and
> 'denying him equality of opportunity'.

Is your chip on only one shoulder or both?

> And so he has been taught to hate anyone who is actually really superior
> to him in the one way that matters, accepting what you were born with
> and making the best of it.

Says it all. You consider someone with a rich daddy superior. Of course
they very likely are superior to you. As is much of the country.

--
*Happiness is seeing your mother-in-law on a milk carton

Simo

May 8, 2016, 2:37:12 PM5/8/16

> On 08/05/16 01:40, Simo wrote:
>>

>> "Mark" <Ma...@127.0.0.1> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "News" <Gra...@nospam.demon.co.uk> wrote in message

>>> Or in London it seems, Sharia law for all Londoners will be next
>>
>> Just another silly little fantasy.
>
> Thats what they said about Nazi death camps too...

Plenty have said that Britain would have Nazi death
camps too and that never happened either.

Rod Speed

May 8, 2016, 3:20:44 PM5/8/16
<tabb...@gmail.com> wrote
> Dave Plowman (News) wrote
>> The Natural Philosopher <t...@invalid.invalid> wrote
>>> Simo wrote

>>> Thats what they said about Nazi death camps too...

>> Says the UKIP supporter.

> That doesn't change its validity.

It never had any validity.

> We're seeing a threat like no other since the war.

Fools like you have always run that line about the most recent immigrants.

> The parallel is striking: in both cases the world plan was openly
> published,

That's another bare faced lie with Islam.

> yet most chose to stick their head in the sand and say it will never
> happen.

How odd that most Islamic countrys don't actually have full Sharia law.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Use_of_Sharia_by_country.svg

Rod Speed

May 8, 2016, 3:27:52 PM5/8/16

"Dave Plowman (News)" <da...@davenoise.co.uk> wrote in message
Nar, he is obviously just the stooge who will be chained to his chair and
forced to implement Sharia as soon as he gets to sit in that chair, stupid.

Rod Speed

May 8, 2016, 3:40:54 PM5/8/16
Timothy Murphy <gayl...@eircom.net> wrote
> Mark wrote

>>> Can anyone else in Sheffield?

>> Or in London it seems,

> Sadiq Khan is a great orator.

Yes, but it remains to be seen if he is any more than that.

So was Churchill and he only ever managed to fucking things up
very comprehensively indeed apart from what he did in the war.

> His "big tent" speech should change the direction of the Labour Party,

Bet it doesn't.

> and hearing it is the first time I've thought Labour might win in 1920.

Not a chance unless Corbyn and his ilk are given the bums rush.

Simo

May 8, 2016, 3:55:46 PM5/8/16

"The Natural Philosopher" <t...@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
Strange way to travel, with just an empty pack and the clothes you are
wearing.

Rod Speed

May 8, 2016, 4:02:15 PM5/8/16

<tabb...@gmail.com> wrote in message
You never could bullshit your way out of a wet paper bag.

Khan doesn't want Sharia law and isn't in any position
to implement it in London even if he did want to.

The Natural Philosopher

May 8, 2016, 5:55:19 PM5/8/16
WE have Tower Hamlets instead.

fully understood.

tabb...@gmail.com

May 9, 2016, 9:37:33 AM5/9/16
On Sunday, 8 May 2016 20:55:46 UTC+1, Simo wrote:
> "The Natural Philosopher" <t...@invalid.invalid> wrote in message

> > I've been poorer than Dave ever has.
> >
> > Twice in a foreign country with no more than the clothes I stood up in and
> > a pack.
>
> Strange way to travel, with just an empty pack and the clothes you are
> wearing.

Fairly normal in the 3rd world.

NT