OT. Trump.

dennis@home

Jul 14, 2019, 2:16:47 PM7/14/19
Trump has something correct for a change..

H e has twitted that four congress women come from a country with a
totally dysfunctional government.

Shame they are Americans.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-48982172

It reads like a comedy but never mind TNP and co like him.

Brian Gaff

Jul 15, 2019, 3:15:14 AM7/15/19
He, I was trying to find out on the Interweb thingy the other day exactly
how Trump got his dough, or indeed if he has been successful at anything
other than bullshit and being on a TV show. Its not really clear that he
has. This begs the question why did anyone propose him in the first place?
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...
"dennis@home" <den...@invalid.invalid> wrote in message

Rod Speed

Jul 15, 2019, 5:27:37 AM7/15/19
Brian Gaff <bri...@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote

> He, I was trying to find out on the Interweb thingy
> the other day exactly how Trump got his dough,

He basically got it from his dad.

> or indeed if he has been successful at anything
> other than bullshit and being on a TV show.

Some stuff has like Trump Tower.

> Its not really clear that he has.

> This begs the question why did anyone propose him in the first place?

He proposed himself.

Peeler

Jul 15, 2019, 5:56:33 AM7/15/19
On Mon, 15 Jul 2019 19:27:24 +1000,cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

<FLUSH the trolling senile Ozzie asshole's latest trollshit>

--
Richard addressing Rot Speed:
"Shit you're thick/pathetic excuse for a troll."

Harry Bloomfield

Jul 15, 2019, 11:05:12 AM7/15/19
Brian Gaff explained on 15/07/2019 :
> He, I was trying to find out on the Interweb thingy the other day exactly how
> Trump got his dough, or indeed if he has been successful at anything other
> than bullshit and being on a TV show. Its not really clear that he has. This
> begs the question why did anyone propose him in the first place?

Its money he inherited from his father. He has persistently lost the
wealth, since he acquired it, so now he is in politics.

whisky-dave

Jul 15, 2019, 11:31:22 AM7/15/19
in politics to get it back :-D

Rod Speed

Jul 15, 2019, 3:17:31 PM7/15/19

"whisky-dave" <whisk...@gmail.com> wrote in message
Worked for the Clintons, and Blair.

Peeler

Jul 15, 2019, 4:10:50 PM7/15/19
On Tue, 16 Jul 2019 05:17:21 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

>> in politics to get it back :-D
>
> Worked for the Clintons, and Blair.

Are you sure, senile bullshit artist? Senilely sure, again?

--
Norman Wells addressing senile Rot:
"Ah, the voice of scum speaks."

nightjar

Jul 16, 2019, 4:13:45 AM7/16/19
On 15/07/2019 16:05, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
> Brian Gaff explained on 15/07/2019 :
>> He, I was trying to find out on the Interweb thingy the other day
>> exactly how Trump got his dough, or indeed if he has been successful
>> at anything other than bullshit and being on a TV show. Its not really
>> clear that he has. This begs the question why did anyone propose him
>> in the first place?
>
> Its money he inherited from his father.

Who inherited the wealth of his father, said to have been gained during
the Klondike gold rush, by running brothels and restuarants and charging
ridiculous prices.

> He has persistently lost the
> wealth, since he acquired it, so now he is in politics.

--
Colin Bignell

whisky-dave

Jul 16, 2019, 5:41:14 AM7/16/19
Yep, and then they get these large sums for talking at prestigous dinners
and specail deals if they agree to be partners in a company.

tim...

Jul 16, 2019, 6:25:57 AM7/16/19

"nightjar" <c...@bignell.me.uk> wrote in message
> On 15/07/2019 16:05, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
>> Brian Gaff explained on 15/07/2019 :
>>> He, I was trying to find out on the Interweb thingy the other day
>>> exactly how Trump got his dough, or indeed if he has been successful at
>>> anything other than bullshit and being on a TV show. Its not really
>>> clear that he has. This begs the question why did anyone propose him in
>>> the first place?
>>
>> Its money he inherited from his father.
>
> Who inherited the wealth of his father, said to have been gained during
> the Klondike gold rush, by running brothels and restuarants and charging
> ridiculous prices.

ITYM

market forces prices

tim

Martyn Barclay

Jul 16, 2019, 6:37:34 AM7/16/19
On Mon, 15 Jul 2019 08:15:11 +0100, Brian Gaff wrote:

> He, I was trying to find out on the Interweb thingy the other day exactly
> how Trump got his dough, or indeed if he has been successful at anything
> other than bullshit and being on a TV show. Its not really clear that he
> has. This begs the question why did anyone propose him in the first place?
> Brian

Unfortunately that is the American system. “In America, anyone can
become president. That's the problem.” - George Carlin.

However there are requirements:
1] Any person wishing to run must be a natural born citizen.
(US Constitution)
Or a person can be considered a natural born citizen if he or she is
born abroad to American citizens. Only one of the candidate's parents
has to be an American.

2] A president can only serve two terms of office. (22nd Amendment)

HumptyTrumpty’s essential appeal is based on racism. He launched his campaign
talking about Mexican “rapists,” and subsequently stirred up
xenophobia against many other groups, especially Muslims. His racist pitch
succeeded because the Republican Party is overwhelmingly white and has
relied heavily on dog-whistle appeals to racism since the early 1960s.
His base consists primarily of white working class voters /without/
college degrees or qualifications, so his talk of Mexican “rapists,” &
stirring up xenophobia against other groups appeals to them.

An Analysis of Trump Supporters Has Identified 5 Key Traits:
https://www.psychologytoday.com/gb/blog/mind-in-the-machine/201712/analysis-trump-supporters-has-identified-5-key-traits?page=1

His recent outburst of telling four non-white congresswomen that "they
should "go back" to the "crime infested places" where they came from"
is just one of his tactics to appeal to his semiliterate base.

Perhaps /he/ should take his own advice & go back to where he came from,
either Scotland (mother) or Germany (father). After all, the /great
majority/ of Americans are /all/ immigrants. The only real Americans are
the Native Americans.
"No one is illegal on stolen land" - O.J. Semans, Rosebud Sioux.

Martyn Barclay

Jul 16, 2019, 8:56:36 AM7/16/19
On Tue, 16 Jul 2019 12:50:36 +0100, Tim Streater wrote:

> In article <pan.2019.07.16....@dev.null>, Martyn Barclay
> <m...@dev.null> wrote:
>
>>His recent outburst of telling four non-white congresswomen that "they
>>should "go back" to the "crime infested places" where they came from" is
>>just one of his tactics to appeal to his semiliterate base.
>
> According to the Times today, that is only half the quote. What he
> supposedly actually said was they should go back where they came from,
> sort out those countries, and then return here to show how they did it.

He said they should "go back" to their home countries before advising
America on its governance. They're all U.S. citizens, and three of them
were born in the United States. - NBCNews

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez of New York, Ilhan Omar of Minnesota, Rashida
Tlaib of Michigan & Ayanna Pressley of Massachusetts.

Ilhan Omar is a US citizen, born in Somalia.

So considering three of them were born in the US, to "go back where they
came from, sort out those countries out" that's very apt!

Adrian Caspersz

Jul 16, 2019, 8:56:58 AM7/16/19
On 16/07/2019 12:50, Tim Streater wrote:
> In article <pan.2019.07.16....@dev.null>, Martyn Barclay
> <m...@dev.null> wrote:
>
>> His recent outburst of telling four non-white congresswomen that "they
>> should "go back" to the "crime infested places" where they came from"
>> is just one of his tactics to appeal to his semiliterate base.
>
> According to the Times today, that is only half the quote. What he
> supposedly actually said was they should go back where they came from,
> sort out those countries, and then return here to show how they did it.

Knowing full well, that they would never be able to return, or if they
did, never be able to scale the wall - so, pretty much amounts to the
same thing.

Appealing to the semiliterate base, is so similar to what murdoch does
to make money by selling ragtops. If he were a democrat, he'd be doing
exactly the same.

--
Adrian C

dennis@home

Jul 16, 2019, 11:32:53 AM7/16/19
On 16/07/2019 12:50, Tim Streater wrote:
> In article <pan.2019.07.16....@dev.null>, Martyn Barclay
> <m...@dev.null> wrote:
>
>> His recent outburst of telling four non-white congresswomen that "they
>> should "go back" to the "crime infested places" where they came from"
>> is just one of his tactics to appeal to his semiliterate base.
>
> According to the Times today, that is only half the quote. What he
> supposedly actually said was they should go back where they came from,
> sort out those countries, and then return here to show how they did it.

Yes but they are Americans!

So he thinks that his government is incompetent and that America is
riddled with crime so I suppose he has that right.

Bob Eager

Jul 16, 2019, 1:32:39 PM7/16/19
On Tue, 16 Jul 2019 11:37:30 +0100, Martyn Barclay wrote:

> His recent outburst of telling four non-white congresswomen that "they
> should "go back" to the "crime infested places" where they came from" is
> just one of his tactics to appeal to his semiliterate base.

It's also a dead cat strategy to deflect attention from Epstein, him and
the little girls.

Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp ESQ [IRL]

Jul 16, 2019, 2:31:14 PM7/16/19
On 16 Jul 2019 17:32:35 GMT, Bob Eager <news...@eager.cx> wrote:

>On Tue, 16 Jul 2019 11:37:30 +0100, Martyn Barclay wrote:
>
>> His recent outburst of telling four non-white congresswomen that "they
>> should "go back" to the "crime infested places" where they came from" is
>> just one of his tactics to appeal to his semiliterate base.
>
>It's also a dead cat strategy to deflect attention from Epstein, him and
>the little girls.

Have they no red busses in the US?

AB

Saol fada agus breac-shláinte chugat.

Unless of course you are a Brexit voting moron or
child molester

Jack98

Jul 16, 2019, 4:41:16 PM7/16/19

"Martyn Barclay" <m...@dev.null> wrote in message
> On Mon, 15 Jul 2019 08:15:11 +0100, Brian Gaff wrote:
>
>> He, I was trying to find out on the Interweb thingy the other day exactly
>> how Trump got his dough, or indeed if he has been successful at anything
>> other than bullshit and being on a TV show. Its not really clear that he
>> has. This begs the question why did anyone propose him in the first
>> place?
>> Brian
>
> Unfortunately that is the American system. “In America, anyone can
> become president. That's the problem.” - George Carlin.
>
> However there are requirements:
> 1] Any person wishing to run must be a natural born citizen.
> (US Constitution)
> Or a person can be considered a natural born citizen if he or she is
> born abroad to American citizens. Only one of the candidate's parents
> has to be an American.
>
> 2] A president can only serve two terms of office. (22nd Amendment)

> HumptyTrumpty’s essential appeal is based on racism.

His essential appeal is that he isnt professional politician.
Half the voters are royally pissed off about their politicians.

Yes, he certainly does appeal to the racist voters, but that
isnt his essential appeal for those who did vote for him.

He launched his campaign
> talking about Mexican “rapists,” and subsequently stirred up
> xenophobia against many other groups, especially Muslims. His racist pitch
> succeeded because the Republican Party is overwhelmingly white and has
> relied heavily on dog-whistle appeals to racism since the early 1960s.
> His base consists primarily of white working class voters /without/
> college degrees or qualifications, so his talk of Mexican “rapists,” &
> stirring up xenophobia against other groups appeals to them.
>
> An Analysis of Trump Supporters Has Identified 5 Key Traits:
> https://www.psychologytoday.com/gb/blog/mind-in-the-machine/201712/analysis-trump-supporters-has-identified-5-key-traits?page=1
>
> His recent outburst of telling four non-white congresswomen that "they
> should "go back" to the "crime infested places" where they came from"
> is just one of his tactics to appeal to his semiliterate base.

Its actually a very common approach of that sort of person.

> Perhaps /he/ should take his own advice & go back to where he came from,
> either Scotland (mother) or Germany (father). After all, the /great
> majority/ of Americans are /all/ immigrants. The only real Americans are
> the Native Americans.

Those are immigrants too.

Peeler

Jul 16, 2019, 5:29:33 PM7/16/19
On Wed, 17 Jul 2019 06:34:11 +1000, Jack98, better known as cantankerous

> His essential appeal is that he isnt professional politician.
> Half the voters are royally pissed off about their politicians.

You can bet that way MORE than half of all posters are pissed off by your
endless idiotic trolling, you clinically insane senile pest!

--
gfre...@aol.com addressing nym-shifting senile Rodent:
"You on the other hand are a heavyweight bullshitter who demonstrates

Martyn Barclay

Jul 16, 2019, 5:49:54 PM7/16/19
On Wed, 17 Jul 2019 06:34:11 +1000, Jack98 wrote:

> "Martyn Barclay" <m...@dev.null> wrote in message
>> On Mon, 15 Jul 2019 08:15:11 +0100, Brian Gaff wrote:

<snip>
>> Perhaps /he/ should take his own advice & go back to where he came from,
>> either Scotland (mother) or Germany (father). After all, the /great
>> majority/ of Americans are /all/ immigrants. The only real Americans are
>> the Native Americans.
>
> Those are immigrants too.

Just as everyone in the UK are immigrants.

Bob Eager

Jul 16, 2019, 6:28:08 PM7/16/19
On Tue, 16 Jul 2019 22:49:51 +0100, Martyn Barclay wrote:

> On Wed, 17 Jul 2019 06:34:11 +1000, Jack98 wrote:
>
>> "Martyn Barclay" <m...@dev.null> wrote in message
>>> On Mon, 15 Jul 2019 08:15:11 +0100, Brian Gaff wrote:
>
> <snip>
>>> Perhaps /he/ should take his own advice & go back to where he came
>>> from,
>>> either Scotland (mother) or Germany (father). After all, the /great
>>> majority/ of Americans are /all/ immigrants. The only real Americans
>>> are the Native Americans.
>>
>> Those are immigrants too.
>
> Just as everyone in the UK are immigrants.

My ancestors immigrated from Doggerland.

The Natural Philosopher

Jul 16, 2019, 7:03:37 PM7/16/19
On 16/07/2019 22:49, Martyn Barclay wrote:
> On Wed, 17 Jul 2019 06:34:11 +1000, Jack98 wrote:
>
>> "Martyn Barclay" <m...@dev.null> wrote in message
>>> On Mon, 15 Jul 2019 08:15:11 +0100, Brian Gaff wrote:
>
> <snip>
>>> Perhaps /he/ should take his own advice & go back to where he came from,
>>> either Scotland (mother) or Germany (father). After all, the /great
>>> majority/ of Americans are /all/ immigrants. The only real Americans are
>>> the Native Americans.
>>
>> Those are immigrants too.
>
> Just as everyone in the UK are immigrants.

In fact the only people who are not live in a coasatl strip of Africa
somewhere

>>> "No one is illegal on stolen land" - O.J. Semans, Rosebud Sioux.

--
Of what good are dead warriors? … Warriors are those who desire battle
more than peace. Those who seek battle despite peace. Those who thump

Adrian Caspersz

Jul 17, 2019, 1:35:44 AM7/17/19

https://www.newsweek.com/cage-congressman-citizen-migrants-border-teargas-1269621

--
Adrian C

nightjar

Jul 17, 2019, 4:17:42 AM7/17/19
That requires a free market, whereas the Klondike gold rush seems to
have been dominated by cabals of profiteeers fixing prices to fleece the
prospectors.

--
Colin Bignell

blatha

Jul 17, 2019, 4:38:38 AM7/17/19

"Adrian Caspersz" <em...@here.invalid> wrote in message
They don’t do to that to US citizens who fly back to the US.

Peeler

Jul 17, 2019, 6:08:39 AM7/17/19
On Wed, 17 Jul 2019 18:38:25 +1000, blatha, better known as cantankerous

>> https://www.newsweek.com/cage-congressman-citizen-migrants-border-teargas-1269621
>
> They don’t do to that to US citizens who fly back to the US.

Don't they, auto-contradicting senile idiot? LOl

--
Kerr-Mudd,John addressing senile Rot:
MID: <XnsA97071CF43...@85.214.115.223>

whisky-dave

Jul 17, 2019, 7:54:26 AM7/17/19
On Tuesday, 16 July 2019 22:49:54 UTC+1, Martyn Barclay wrote:
> On Wed, 17 Jul 2019 06:34:11 +1000, Jack98 wrote:
>
> > "Martyn Barclay" <m...@dev.null> wrote in message
> >> On Mon, 15 Jul 2019 08:15:11 +0100, Brian Gaff wrote:
>
> <snip>
> >> Perhaps /he/ should take his own advice & go back to where he came from,
> >> either Scotland (mother) or Germany (father). After all, the /great
> >> majority/ of Americans are /all/ immigrants. The only real Americans are
> >> the Native Americans.
> >
> > Those are immigrants too.
>
> Just as everyone in the UK are immigrants.

It could be that everyone on planet earth is an immigrant too.

whisky-dave

Jul 17, 2019, 7:57:43 AM7/17/19
It was more about providing the services, food, equipment to those that were prospecting there the peolpe that made the most from the gold rush not thiose digging for gold.

Bob Eager

Jul 17, 2019, 9:00:04 AM7/17/19
Yup, we all came in on the B Ark.

whisky-dave

Jul 17, 2019, 9:52:35 AM7/17/19
On Wednesday, 17 July 2019 14:00:04 UTC+1, Bob Eager wrote:
> On Wed, 17 Jul 2019 04:54:23 -0700, whisky-dave wrote:

> >> <snip>

> >> Just as everyone in the UK are immigrants.
> >
> > It could be that everyone on planet earth is an immigrant too.
>
> Yup, we all came in on the B Ark.

Woof woof.

Martyn Barclay

Jul 17, 2019, 10:39:57 AM7/17/19
On Wed, 17 Jul 2019 04:54:23 -0700, whisky-dave wrote:

As we're all descended from chimpanzees (they share 98% of our genetic
DNA) maybe we came from Planet of The Apes!

whisky-dave

Jul 17, 2019, 11:50:50 AM7/17/19
But planet of the Apes was Earth, so are you talking about a causality loop. ;-)

whisky-dave

Jul 17, 2019, 12:06:41 PM7/17/19
No it's 'only' 96% perhaps you were think of students ;-)