MAC alternative to Microsoft Expression Web?

Tom

Feb 9, 2016, 3:49:43 PM2/9/16

I use Microsoft Expression Web-4 in my PC to maintain my site and now I
would like to do it from my MB-Pro running El Capitan.

What are the recommended programs to build and maintain websites
without having to learn complicated code, scripts, etc.?

A “ WYSIWYG” type of interface would be the best for me.

Thanks,
Tom.

glawrie

Feb 9, 2016, 4:44:38 PM2/9/16
RapidWeaver (http://realmacsoftware.com/rapidweaver/) is a fairly
powerful Mac-alike for Dreamweaver - though I think recently it has
taken its own path.
Flux (http://www.theescapers.com/flux/index.html) is similar, but I
think easier to use and super mac-friendly.

HTH

Jaimie Vandenbergh

Feb 9, 2016, 5:48:10 PM2/9/16
On Tue, 9 Feb 2016 21:49:57 +0100, Tom <t...@domain.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I use Microsoft Expression Web-4 in my PC to maintain my site and now I
>would like to do it from my MB-Pro running El Capitan.
>
>What are the recommended programs to build and maintain websites
>without having to learn complicated code, scripts, etc.?

Build on Squarespace? Means re-implementing, but you might want to give
it a go anyway... their tools are way better than they have any right to
be.

I see Expression Web 4 won't run under WINE, but you could always spin
up a Windows VM in VirtualBox or (pay for) Parallels if you want to
stick with your familiar software.

Cheers - Jaimie
--
The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it.

Tom

Feb 10, 2016, 8:08:07 AM2/10/16
Many thanks to Jaimie and lawrite !

I'll try it all.