Mac App Store: Error "NSURLErrorDomain-Error -1100"

Flavio Matani

Nov 2, 2012, 3:16:37 PM11/2/12
Getting this error message when trying to update Apple apps through Mac
App Store since yesterday (third party Mac Store apps seem to update ok,
although they still appear as a pending update after). Apple's
discussion forums are full of people complaining about getting this
error message or similar and being unable to update. Anybody here has
any ideas?

Apple are keen on positioning themselves as a contents and service
provider, but they still need to work out and straighten a lot of stuff
-Mac App Store has been one of several Apple sources (er, did I say
that) of minor irritants in recent times.

--
flavio matani
guitar tuition

Alan Barker

Nov 2, 2012, 3:23:26 PM11/2/12
Flavio Matani <flavio_matani...@mac.com> wrote:

> Getting this error message when trying to update Apple apps through Mac
> App Store since yesterday (third party Mac Store apps seem to update ok,
> although they still appear as a pending update after). Apple's
> discussion forums are full of people complaining about getting this
> error message or similar and being unable to update. Anybody here has
> any ideas?
>
> Apple are keen on positioning themselves as a contents and service
> provider, but they still need to work out and straighten a lot of stuff
> -Mac App Store has been one of several Apple sources (er, did I say
> that) of minor irritants in recent times.

I got this when trying to get the Safari 6.0.2 update this morning via
Software Update. I eventually found a direct download link to the full
installer file but it took yonks to download. Apple seem to have been
having a run of problems with their update servers for a wee while now
but, hey, no-one's perfect!

Elliott Roper

Nov 2, 2012, 3:37:35 PM11/2/12
In article
<1ksy58v.b5lmfd1lkyxp6N%flavio_matani...@mac.com>, Flavio
Matani <flavio_matani...@mac.com> wrote:

> Getting this error message when trying to update Apple apps through Mac
> App Store since yesterday (third party Mac Store apps seem to update ok,
> although they still appear as a pending update after). Apple's
> discussion forums are full of people complaining about getting this
> error message or similar and being unable to update. Anybody here has
> any ideas?
>
> Apple are keen on positioning themselves as a contents and service
> provider, but they still need to work out and straighten a lot of stuff
> -Mac App Store has been one of several Apple sources (er, did I say
> that) of minor irritants in recent times.

Same here. Safari and Aperture updates turn off with a duff url error
for the last 20 hours. I got the Aperture update off Apple's support >
downloads page, but I could not find Safari there.

I look at it as evidence that neither Apple nor anyone else can provide
cloud services with merchantable reliability. Software update on my old
Pro (Lion) worked perfectly, but that ghastly App Store thing
demonstrated what a pig's ear Apple has made of the (cough) cloud.

The trouble with cloudiness is that any tiny glitch affects gazillions
of customers at once and it hits the blatts in seconds.They are on a
hiding to nothing. It's the difference between a car crash and a train
crash innit?

--
To de-mung my e-mail address:- fsnospam$elliott$$
PGP Fingerprint: 1A96 3CF7 637F 896B C810 E199 7E5C A9E4 8E59 E248

Alan Barker

Nov 2, 2012, 3:51:17 PM11/2/12
Elliott Roper <nos...@yrl.co.uk> wrote:
> Same here. Safari and Aperture updates turn off with a duff url error
> for the last 20 hours. I got the Aperture update off Apple's support >
> downloads page, but I could not find Safari there.

Direct download link for Safari 6.0.2 whch (eventually) worked for me:

http://swcdn.apple.com/content/downloads/53/02/041-8081/2jwp4wjrwygtm4lc
608qy4h0n4a9yyq37g/Safari6.0.2Mountain.pkg

Bit of a mouthful isn't it!

Flavio Matani

Nov 2, 2012, 5:15:08 PM11/2/12
Elliott Roper <nos...@yrl.co.uk> wrote:

> In article
> <1ksy58v.b5lmfd1lkyxp6N%flavio_matani...@mac.com>, Flavio
> Matani <flavio_matani...@mac.com> wrote:
>
> > Getting this error message when trying to update Apple apps through Mac
> > App Store since yesterday (third party Mac Store apps seem to update ok,
> > although they still appear as a pending update after). Apple's
> > discussion forums are full of people complaining about getting this
> > error message or similar and being unable to update. Anybody here has
> > any ideas?
> >
> > Apple are keen on positioning themselves as a contents and service
> > provider, but they still need to work out and straighten a lot of stuff
> > -Mac App Store has been one of several Apple sources (er, did I say
> > that) of minor irritants in recent times.
>
> Same here. Safari and Aperture updates turn off with a duff url error
> for the last 20 hours. I got the Aperture update off Apple's support >
> downloads page, but I could not find Safari there.
>
> I look at it as evidence that neither Apple nor anyone else can provide
> cloud services with merchantable reliability. Software update on my old
> Pro (Lion) worked perfectly, but that ghastly App Store thing
> demonstrated what a pig's ear Apple has made of the (cough) cloud.

Indeed, that was my feeling about that -and other iCloud &cc glitches.

> The trouble with cloudiness is that any tiny glitch affects gazillions
> of customers at once and it hits the blatts in seconds.They are on a
> hiding to nothing. It's the difference between a car crash and a train
> crash innit?

Indeed. There's now hundreds of posts in the forums (or, rather, fora)
about this in Apple's discussion pages, although I haven't yet seen
anything on the Apple press (Ars, TUAW, etc).

Elliott Roper

Nov 2, 2012, 6:43:26 PM11/2/12
In article <1ksy71z.1mgmya516uimgiN%purbe...@nospamgmail.com>, Alan
Heh! Thanks. Just before downloading it I checked my downloads folder
and it was there already. My least loved feature of Safari 6 is how
cleverly they concealed the download progress. I'd clicked on your url
from somewhere else I saw it posted by some other poor clown who'd been
jerked about by the f*-ing app store, I had the DL progress arrow
hidden somehow, and figured that Safari's download had failed for the
tenth time.

Dear Jony Ive, Please get a consistent HIG in use again at Apple.

Flavio Matani

Nov 3, 2012, 5:36:19 AM11/3/12
Flavio Matani <flavio_matani...@mac.com> wrote:

> Getting this error message when trying to update Apple apps through Mac
> App Store since yesterday (third party Mac Store apps seem to update ok,
> although they still appear as a pending update after). Apple's
> discussion forums are full of people complaining about getting this
> error message or similar and being unable to update. Anybody here has
> any ideas?
>
> Apple are keen on positioning themselves as a contents and service
> provider, but they still need to work out and straighten a lot of stuff
> -Mac App Store has been one of several Apple sources (er, did I say
> that) of minor irritants in recent times.

The Mac App Store problem seems to have been resolved now.

Andy

Nov 3, 2012, 1:33:52 PM11/3/12
Flavio Matani <flavio_matani...@mac.com> wrote:

> Getting this error message when trying to update Apple apps through Mac
> App Store since yesterday (third party Mac Store apps seem to update ok,
> although they still appear as a pending update after). Apple's
> discussion forums are full of people complaining about getting this
> error message or similar and being unable to update. Anybody here has
> any ideas?
>
> Apple are keen on positioning themselves as a contents and service
> provider, but they still need to work out and straighten a lot of stuff
> -Mac App Store has been one of several Apple sources (er, did I say
> that) of minor irritants in recent times.

I just waited a while, and now it works.

Simple.

--
Andy

andrewf...@gmail.com

Dec 13, 2012, 8:21:09 AM12/13/12
Same with my laptop, but luckily i have fixed it, suggest you visit for more: http://www.regmender.com/how-to-fix-app-store-error-1100.html

Flavio Matani

Dec 13, 2012, 9:59:30 AM12/13/12
Apple had sorted that now, but it might come handy in the future -not
all the gremlins with the Mac App Store have been resolved. Thanks!