Re: error using typhoeus and alchemy

Hans Hasselberg

Apr 17, 2013, 2:54:31 PM4/17/13
to typh...@googlegroups.com
Hey Iñigo,

Could you extract a little piece of code which demonstrates your
issue. It is hard to tell what the problem is only with a backtrace.

--
Hans

On Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 2:12 PM, Iñigo Ochoa <urbegi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I'm trying to use AlchemyApi in my rails app. When I install it, it is also
> installed Typhoeus. I have no problems in the installation. However, when I
> try to run the server, it raises the folowing:
>
> /Volumes/HDD/Rubyworkspace/brandpoliticalmonitor/vendor/bundle/gems/typhoeus-0.6.3/lib/typhoeus/request/actions.rb:120:in
> `options': wrong number of arguments (0 for 1) (ArgumentError)
> from
> /Volumes/HDD/Rubyworkspace/brandpoliticalmonitor/vendor/bundle/gems/monster_mash-0.3.0/lib/monster_mash/request.rb:85:in
> `<class:Request>'
> from
> /Volumes/HDD/Rubyworkspace/brandpoliticalmonitor/vendor/bundle/gems/monster_mash-0.3.0/lib/monster_mash/request.rb:4:in
> `<module:MonsterMash>'
> from
> /Volumes/HDD/Rubyworkspace/brandpoliticalmonitor/vendor/bundle/gems/monster_mash-0.3.0/lib/monster_mash/request.rb:1:in
> `<top (required)>'
> from
> /Volumes/HDD/Rubyworkspace/brandpoliticalmonitor/vendor/bundle/gems/activesupport-3.2.11/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:251:in
> `require'
> from
> /Volumes/HDD/Rubyworkspace/brandpoliticalmonitor/vendor/bundle/gems/activesupport-3.2.11/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:251:in
> `block in require'
>
> I have searched the net in order to find a solution, but I'm afraid I can't.
> Does someone know how to solve it? Any help is appreciated.

Brewster

Jul 23, 2013, 1:16:02 AM7/23/13
to typh...@googlegroups.com
Not sure if you are still having issues, but i had the same problem today and found that the latest typhoeus gem is not compatible with the latest monster mash.  if you add

gem 'typhoeus', '0.3.3'

to your gemfile you should be good.  A newer version might work, but 0.3.3 works for sure.