Viewing custom spans

Dan Hopkins

Jan 14, 2014, 9:08:41 PM1/14/14
to typesafe...@googlegroups.com
I added a custom span to my application as described here:
http://resources.typesafe.com/docs/console/manual/configuration.html#marker-spans

I'm not sure where in the UI I can view this.

Thanks,
Dan

Stavros Kontopoulos

Jan 15, 2014, 7:09:18 AM1/15/14
to typesafe...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
Just an addition to the question can i see the spans in the log files (does this conflict with the notion of traceid?) ?.
Right now i see in the typesafe console only an MDC.put for traceid...

Henrik Engström

Jan 17, 2014, 4:11:23 PM1/17/14
to Stavros Kontopoulos, typesafe...@googlegroups.com
Unfortunately the marker spans are only available in the trace tree - not the UI.
You can use the REST API to retrieve the trace trees with the following method:

For more information about the API and its methods, see http://localhost:8660/monitoring/api.html
HTH,
Henrik