Repair Cafe on TxRx calendar, Saturday,1-4

William Swann

Oct 27, 2017, 12:45:58 PM10/27/17
to TXRX Labs
The Repair Cafe is an effort to fix stuff before it is ready for the landfill.
Any volunteer fixers are welcome. Can't tell what 60 people are going to bring for troubleshooting and repair.
The areas will be consumer appliances, sewing, blade sharpening......

Jody Cochran

Aug 28, 2019, 9:23:22 AM8/28/19
to TXRX Labs

Mr. Swann,

We are planning to host a repair cafe in Magnolia and I wanted to connect with you if you had any advice for us.

Thanks!
Jody

William Swann

Aug 28, 2019, 9:33:36 AM8/28/19
to txrx...@googlegroups.com
As a maker Jody, and not afraid to take something apart, that is the first big step. There is a Repair Cafe at the labs on Nov 9. Joe Miller has been coordinating the events at the labs. Have you gone to one in the past at the labs? The biggest challenge is hitting the word out. When is the one in Magnolia?

Jody Cochran

Aug 28, 2019, 9:43:15 AM8/28/19
to TXRX Labs
It is scheduled for October 12 at the Makerbarn in Magnolia.
My friend and I have attended one at the labs a while back and I love the concept.
We have registered our event through their portal, and hope to have a good turn out.

Joe Miller, do you use a ticketing system to schedule people?

Thanks!
Jody

On Friday, October 27, 2017 at 11:45:58 AM UTC-5, William Swann wrote:
The Repair Cafe is an effort to fix stuff before it is ready for the landfill.
Any volunteer fixers are welcome. Can't tell what 60 people are going to bring for troubleshooting and repair.
The areas will be consumer appliances, sewing, blade sharpening......

Makerbarn_flyer.jpg

William Swann

Aug 29, 2019, 10:07:59 AM8/29/19
to txrx...@googlegroups.com