Lab Update for December

Roland von Kurnatowski III

Dec 2, 2015, 11:32:59 AM12/2/15
to txrxmem...@googlegroups.com, txrx...@googlegroups.com
Update time!

I have important news that I just have to start off with: today Chris and I turned on the waterjet for the first time. It was a historic moment, everything worked, and there was a literal jet of water. There is still work to be done but everything is there and functional and so it means a functioning waterjet on the near horizon. Much props to Chris K. for handling the largest portion of the conversion and commissioning.

Anyway, on to other exciting news...

Happened:
Our great volunteers represented the Lab at two major events. Both went really well! Charles coordinated Mini Maker Faire and Summer coordinated Pop Shop. A big thanks to everyone who helped out prepping and manning the events. We even used our own learn-to-solder badges! TX-REX!

We added a massive number of tools or upgraded tools:
- Resaw bandsaw
- Disc/belt sander
- Eight foot 10ga shear
- Thirty ton iron worker
- New vertical bandsaw
- New 3HP drill press with production table for the metal fab area
- Cube Pro Duo 3D printer
- Galloni vacuum caster
- Second 100 watt CO2 laser cutter

We started build-out on the second warehouse to include the new
photo, screen printing, ceramics, and jewelry studios.

We also started work on an expanded foundry in the back yard by preparing the 2 Conex boxes that will house it.

Upcoming:
Our six-month Artists' Residencies start in December.

We should finish build out of the new spaces near the end of the month.

We have a couple more new tools slated.

We have a couple new cool classes that will be getting posted.

I think in general everything is awesome. I probably sound like a broken record but things keep getting better as I see it. 2015 looks like it will close out as our best year on record and I'm confident that 2016 will be even better!

--
- Mark Sullivan -

--
-Roland

Jason Kirk

Dec 3, 2015, 1:25:14 PM12/3/15
to TXRX Labs, txrxmem...@googlegroups.com
Anything different about using the laser cutter?

Jody Cochran

Dec 8, 2015, 10:48:06 AM12/8/15
to TXRX Labs Membership, txrx...@googlegroups.com
Maker Faire was a blast! My son loves his TX-Rex badge!

Could you provide any more specific details on the new laser cutter?

Like  the  main board  and  ym  software  version ; ( ym , NO 1 , NO 1.1 , NO 3 , NO 4 , NO 5 )

I am trying to learn the new SmartCarve Software and get my design to cut correctly?

Thank you,

Jody