Looking for a tablet with a big USP, running windorws. Not New. To run a GUI for an electric truck.

William Swann

Sep 15, 2017, 9:58:38 PM9/15/17
to TXRX Labs
Thanks.

Jon Doe

Sep 16, 2017, 6:24:09 PM9/16/17
to txrx...@googlegroups.com
If you mean USB, a winbook TW700-100 would be the older first run, but of late the RCA Cambio can be had for $100. Both have USB A, the Cambio can be powered via barrel plug rather than USB, and can be brighter ongoing.

On Sep 15, 2017 8:58 PM, "William Swann" <william...@gmail.com> wrote:
Thanks.

William Swann

Sep 16, 2017, 6:28:48 PM9/16/17
to txrx...@googlegroups.com
Thanks. Do you know where I can find one?

Thanks,Bill Swann
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "TXRX Labs" group.

Jon Doe

William Swann

Sep 17, 2017, 8:12:29 PM9/17/17
to txrx...@googlegroups.com
I found a Cambio at Walmart,$100 ish. With Windows 10. Jon, I was wondering if you have access to one, to verify the software runs.

Thanks,Bill Swann
To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to txrxlabs+u...@googlegroups.com.

Jon Doe

Sep 17, 2017, 10:53:27 PM9/17/17
to txrx...@googlegroups.com
I have a couple at work. I can test within reason at lunch, Whatcha got? Specifically have the 101v2 model.

William Swann

Sep 18, 2017, 1:12:57 PM9/18/17
to txrx...@googlegroups.com
   I have put a lithium battery pack in one of my trucks, with a battery management system (BMS) from Elithium. I am trying to find a notebook that will run a GUI to look at the status of the pack. The type A USB connects to an RS232 connection at the BMS. The link below does not mention windows 10 as an operating system. I am trying to get an answer about that.
   So the test is to see if the software can be installed on the RCA cambio. If successful, I will purchase one.

http://lithiumate.elithion.com/php/gui.php

Jon Doe

Sep 18, 2017, 3:17:08 PM9/18/17
to txrx...@googlegroups.com
Appears to install and run without any notable issues, though the unsigned nature of the installer means that you need to click for more information to have it install. It does also require .net components, but I can get to the main screen, and it is erroring about not detecting data on com1. Beyond that, it's on you.

Do keep us updated on the build!

William Swann

Sep 18, 2017, 4:14:19 PM9/18/17
to txrx...@googlegroups.com
Thanks so much. I'll order the tablet and show the truck at the labs when finished.

Thanks,Bill Swann
To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to txrxlabs+u...@googlegroups.com.

Jody Cochran

Oct 9, 2017, 5:02:48 PM10/9/17
to TXRX Labs
Will Did you get the BMS hooked up in your truck?
I would love to see your progress, we are working on a similar EV project.

On Friday, September 15, 2017 at 8:58:38 PM UTC-5, William Swann wrote:
Thanks.

William Swann

Oct 9, 2017, 5:21:39 PM10/9/17
to txrx...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for asking. It is a work in progress. I dont know if you know anything about Elithion, but I'll describe it. I have 70 cells - 7 banks of 10 cell boards. 2 of the banks were not reporting. which means I have to replace some cell boards. I'm going to do that, and re arrange one of the banks to where I have cell board access. Then I will try to run the interface software. More to follow.
What kind of conversion are you undertaking? Li cells?