Rapid Fab Area Update

Anderson Ta

Nov 28, 2016, 1:32:02 PM11/28/16
to TXRX Labs
All,

Just wanted to drop a note to all users of the Rapid Fab area in regards to the laser cutter and the new Original Prusa i3 3D printers...

In regards to the lasercutter, if you notice that your previous settings don't work on the laser, please don't just increase the power and slow down the speed. It is likely due to a build of debris on the focusing lens and it needs to be wiped down. In the past month we've gone through way too many new focusing lenses. So if you notice your settings are off, let a staff member know, it takes just 5 minutes to wipe down and get your back up.

In regards to the new 3D printers, though they may function like other FDM 3d printers out there, the work flow for using them are slightly different. Documentation is on the way, but in the meantime, if you have not been checked out on the new printers, please come by on Wednesday evenings for the lasercutter/3d printing hangouts. I will be more than happy to show you how to use them. If Wednesday evenings don't work out for you, shoot me an email directly and we can work out a time that is convenient for you to be checked out on the new printers.

These steps will help ensure that the lasercutter and 3d printers are up longer and more reliable for all to use. If you have any questions in regards to the rapid fab area, please feel free to reach out to me directly (an...@txrxlabs.org).