looking to connect w/ houston creative coders / workspaces, etc

Zach Lieberman

Nov 1, 2015, 1:24:33 PM11/1/15
to Tx/Rx Labs

Greetings,

I'm an NY artist who is commissioned to create a public art project in downtown houston later this year and also do a project for the day for night festival (dayfornight.io) this Dec.

I'm looking to connect with folks from houston and potentially do some workshops around the projects / creative coding etc.  I help with an open source c++ toolkit called openFrameworks (openframeworks.cc) and I also help run a school called the school for poetic computation (sfpc.io) and I have a small studio called yesyesno (yesyesno.com).   I've been curious about the scene in houston and to try to drop by any meetups / spaces when I'm in town.    Does Tx/Rx have an education directory I can reach out to directly?  Is there any groups or meetups I should be looking out for?

Since I have multiple trips planned it will be great to connect with folks, I'm also always on the lookout for help installing, etc.   I'd also be interested in if there was recommendations on short term co-working space for when I'm in town.

thanks in advance,
zach

Andrew Lynch

Nov 1, 2015, 2:39:36 PM11/1/15
to txrx...@googlegroups.com
Houston Maker Faire Nov 14th ,  great time to meet all of the makers in one building.