Acrylic for laser cutter

Jason Kirk

Aug 11, 2015, 8:26:41 AM8/11/15
to Tx/Rx Labs
Need to get some acrylic for some laser cutter project and discovered how much it is at home depot.  I've heard people talking about the scrap bin at regal plastics being a good place to get it cheap, and then also that they don't have it anymore.  Emailed them and they apparently don't.  Is this still the best place to get acrylic at a cheap price and how much does it usually run?

Chris Holloway

Aug 11, 2015, 9:24:40 PM8/11/15
to txrx...@googlegroups.com

How do the prices at onlinemetals.com compare to home depot prices?

Andrew Lynch

Aug 11, 2015, 11:03:40 PM8/11/15
to txrx...@googlegroups.com
Go to local metal shops like trident and eastern metal,  you will get good bulk prices on aluminum compared to home depot.

Chris Holloway

Aug 12, 2015, 1:08:32 AM8/12/15
to txrx...@googlegroups.com

I think he was looking for acrylic, not aluminium

Roland von Kurnatowski III

Aug 12, 2015, 1:38:26 AM8/12/15
to Tx/Rx Labs
https://txrxlabs.org/shop/

1/8,1/4 black white clear plexi for near cost of regal without cut charges or having to buy a full sheet.

Jason Kirk

Aug 12, 2015, 3:15:05 PM8/12/15
to Tx/Rx Labs
Yeah, I wasn't thinking metal, but thanks all.  Roland has come up with the best solution, partly because I don't have to drive across town and can be sure it's laser cutter friendly.  OK, mainly because I don't have to drive across town in this heat.:)