Fwd: Hackathon

Roland von Kurnatowski III

Apr 27, 2018, 12:28:50 PM4/27/18
to txrxmem...@googlegroups.com, txrx...@googlegroups.com
ears hackathon is on may 19th and 20th for the city of houston.
TXRX wants to go and present a solution for local wireless emergency for flooding of underpasses etc.
This would be a simple build using our already designed lorawan harware with a simple app that does geofencing until the new FCC standards around geofencing WEA (wireless emergency alerts) is implemented in 2019 (see new dhs wea aslat research here: https://www.dhs.gov/sites/default/files/publications/WEA%20JHU%20APL%20ASLAT%20Final%20Report.pdf
and the approval of a similar requirement for 2019 implementatiojn by carriers here [pages 5, 6, 7]
)

I would like to field a team that would prep a solution prior to the hackaton and then just really go and present.

If anyone is interested in participating please let me know. TXRX is going to provide staff time to do most of the heavy lifting on the project.

Work we have to do is:
-Simple android/iphone app that accepts geofenced messages

-Simple server app that accepts alerts from lorawan units and sends appropriate geofenced wea messages

-Physical equipment to mount a flood sensor (float or other)

-Minor changes to current lorawan hardware we have to set it up as a gateway and units that alert on flood conditions using above sensor)

-Powerpoint presentation and writeup looking at financial model, implementation and rollout, regulatory requirements etc.

This is a really important project and we could get some exciting traction with the city to roll this out if we get a working prototype for the hackathon.
Please only respond if you are serious about participating and completing the work you agree to do.
We have a short timeline but it is an easy to do project.

--
Roland von Kurnatowski III
President - TX/RX Labs