Shaper Origin Portable CNC

Anderson Ta

Aug 25, 2016, 9:27:33 AM8/25/16
to TXRX Labs
Just wanted to share this product..

I got to use an early prototype sometime ago and was pretty amazed with its capabilities even then. As someone that has come in and out of possession of owning and/or having access to CNC routers, this is an interesting solution. Interesting use of AR to create a infinitely scalable work area too, just lay down more fiduciary tape and scan. Check out the video for more specifics!

I went ahead and pre-ordered one, lemme know if you are also interested...I have one of the referral links that can save us both $100.

- Andy

Chris Holloway

Aug 25, 2016, 9:52:24 AM8/25/16
to txrx...@googlegroups.com

I'm not a big fan of tiered preorder schemes. Additionally, a year subscription to AutoDesk Fusion 360 has a $0 value, not a $300 value, doesn't it?

Anderson Ta

Aug 25, 2016, 10:02:35 AM8/25/16
to txrx...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, tiered pre-order and referral combo is the new hot trend now that everyone's over Kickstarter (or is it "onto" since it's sheisty/scammy?).

Re: Autodesk Fusion 360...it's free if you are student/maker/give them any reason to think you are not going to do any commercial work...but if you are going to do commercial work, it's a $300 value. ;)

Andy
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "TXRX Labs" group.