Interested in CNC

Roland von Kurnatowski III

Aug 2, 2015, 5:43:37 AM8/2/15
to txrxmem...@googlegroups.com, txrx...@googlegroups.com
we have a lot of cnc machines a the lab, I was wondering if anyone was excited about becoming more versed in the in trade for helping do a little documentation and maybe run a couple jobs. I think this is a great opportunity to learn all the ins and outs while also helping the community by doing a writeup on each one.
This would also count as volunteer hours as long as the project was completed to the specifications required.
Respond here if you are interested, serious responses only. This will take a decent amount of time both for you to complete and time I have to spend going over all of it with you.so if you cant finish it then dont request to start it!

--
-Roland

Jason Kirk

Aug 2, 2015, 9:37:28 AM8/2/15
to Tx/Rx Labs Membership, txrx...@googlegroups.com
My up-time isn't reliable enough to volunteer for that reliably, but would be happy to join others when your working with them.  Just let me know when you do.

Jeff Hutchison

Aug 2, 2015, 2:26:14 PM8/2/15
to txrxlabs, Tx/Rx Labs Membership
I definitely want to help with this... Jenn and I will be out of the country until the 11th, and I'll be working a regular 9-5 after that... but I'm available evenings and weekends.

Roland von Kurnatowski III

Aug 3, 2015, 8:02:16 PM8/3/15
to txrxmem...@googlegroups.com, txrx...@googlegroups.com
ok, not sure how to do this. My plan was to find one person and walk them through everything on all the cnc's talk through the configs and usage etc. Let them run jobs on everything and then post a cheat sheet for each one as well as maybe doing a little config work. If there is a whole crew of people organization etc is tougher.

I will think about it and get back to everyone before this weekend.

On Mon, Aug 3, 2015 at 5:25 PM, Jen Workman <jenwo...@gmail.com> wrote:
Interested and will have some time this weekend to spend at the lab.

-Roland

Jason Kirk

Aug 4, 2015, 8:49:45 AM8/4/15
to Tx/Rx Labs Membership, txrx...@googlegroups.com
Maybe you should list what machines you want to go over.  Maybe some people will want to do one, and so on.

david runyon

Sep 8, 2015, 9:34:55 PM9/8/15
to Tx/Rx Labs, txrxmem...@googlegroups.com

Hey all,  due to the interest we are trying to set up a meetup to engage those that might want to help.  Here's the meetup http://www.meetup.com/TXRXLabs/events/224932184/

Jody Cochran

Sep 8, 2015, 9:34:55 PM9/8/15
to Tx/Rx Labs Membership, txrx...@googlegroups.com
Good afternoon, I would like to get some help on the CNC table.
I have a project I was planning to cut on the laser cutter, but it appears to be out of order.

Thanks,
Jody

Rob

Sep 8, 2015, 9:34:55 PM9/8/15
to Tx/Rx Labs Membership, txrx...@googlegroups.com
Was there going to be a separate group for this setup?