OAuth bug?

Jan Szumiec

Aug 25, 2011, 7:29:02 AM8/25/11
to twitter-deve...@googlegroups.com
Hey,

I've been experimenting with the streaming API for the past couple of days. While playing with different methods, I've discovered an interesting phenomenon -

When I make a request to http://stream.twitter.com/1/statuses/filter.json?track=bieber - I get a 200 status code and everything works as expected.

However, when another keyword is added, and a request is made to http://stream.twitter.com/1/statuses/filter.json?track=bieber,obama I get a 401 status code. Initially, I thought there may be a bug within the OAuth library that I was using, but then verified the requests using this tool: http://oauth.googlecode.com/svn/code/javascript/example/signature.html and the signatures generated by the library I was using (simple_oauth for ruby) were matching. Is there a panel somewhere that would let me look at the requests I issued to get a more detailed report of what went wrong?

This has to be something trivial - I can't imagine this being a bug on twitter's side, as I'd expect this scenario to be used extensively. When I use basic auth, everything works well, hence this must be a bug with OAuth. When generating a signature, the library I am using is encoding "," as %252C which I initially thought might be wrong, but after studying the OAuth specs, seem to be correct.

Thanks,
jan