Twitter Development Talk to become read-only this Friday, August 12th

Jason Costa

Aug 10, 2011, 3:27:00 PM8/10/11
to Twitter Development Talk
Hi everyone,

With our move over to the new dev.twitter.com, we've shifted our
attention toward answering questions in the developer discussions
taking place at:

https://dev.twitter.com/discussions

If you have questions, please post them there and we'll continue to do
our best to answer them, and we hope the community will continue to
jump in and help there too.

In the meantime, we'll be closing the ability to post new threads in
the Google Groups starting this Friday, August 12th. We'll leave the
Groups open as read-only, so the archive of threads will remain
available.

Developing for Twitter is never a one-off event, and it's really
important that we continue to maintain a few channels for
disseminating critical announcements. If you're not already, please
start following along at:

1) Follow @twitterapi
- https://twitter.com/intent/user?screen_name=twitterapi
2) Subscribe to email notifications for blog posts for announcements
- https://dev.twitter.com/blog/category/announcements (click
"Subscribe to category")
3) Subscribe to the RSS feed of the blog
- https://dev.twitter.com/blog/feed

Thanks,

--Jason

Dossy Shiobara

Aug 10, 2011, 4:05:20 PM8/10/11
to twitter-deve...@googlegroups.com, Jason Costa
How do I subscribe to the discussion forum via email?

--
Dossy Shiobara | "He realized the fastest way to change
do...@panoptic.com | is to laugh at your own folly -- then you

Dean Collins

Aug 10, 2011, 4:15:10 PM8/10/11
to twitter-deve...@googlegroups.com, Jason Costa
And better still why aren't they just "forumising" the existing mailing
list....whats the point of having two locations for dev discussions.

Jason sorry mate but I'm calling you out on this and suggesting you
remove the forum and keep the information in a single location source.

Cheers,
Dean

--
Have you visited the Developer Discussions feature on
https://dev.twitter.com/discussions yet?

Twitter developer links:
Documentation and resources: https://dev.twitter.com/docs

Taylor Singletary

Aug 10, 2011, 4:23:18 PM8/10/11
to twitter-deve...@googlegroups.com, Jason Costa
Hi Dossy & Dean,

We are moving to a single dev discussion location: https://dev.twitter.com/discussions

Announcements will be made on the developer blog: https://dev.twitter.com/blog/category/announcements and @twitterapi. As we've done with announcements for some time, we'll tend to directly link an announcement with a discussion thread -- now on dev.twitter.com/discussions instead of these older google groups.

@episod - Taylor Singletary

Dean Collins

Aug 10, 2011, 5:29:50 PM8/10/11
to twitter-deve...@googlegroups.com

Taylor when will twitter-deve...@googlegroups.com be switched off and archived so no future messages can be posted to it?

Cheers,

Dean

Aug 10, 2011, 5:39:30 PM8/10/11
to Twitter Development Talk
Hi Dean,

We will turn off the ability to create new posts for the Google Group
this Friday, August 12th. From then on, all new posts should be
created over at: https://dev.twitter.com/discussions

Thanks,

--Jason

On Aug 10, 2:29 pm, "Dean Collins" <D...@cognation.net> wrote:
> Taylor when will twitter-deve...@googlegroups.com be switched
> off and archived so no future messages can be posted to it?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Dean

Dossy Shiobara

Aug 10, 2011, 6:31:10 PM8/10/11
to twitter-deve...@googlegroups.com
Thanks. Looking forward to being able to reply via email.