POSTs to :user/:list_id/create_all returning HTTP status 404 for all requests

sferik

Feb 28, 2011, 10:42:03 AM2/28/11
to twitter-deve...@googlegroups.com
This was reported as an issue in the twitter gem. Upon investigation, it appears to be a bug in the Twitter API.

Taylor Singletary

Feb 28, 2011, 11:05:09 AM2/28/11
to twitter-deve...@googlegroups.com, sferik
It's a documentation error at the moment, the proper path is: POST :user/:list_id/members/create_all

@episod - Taylor Singletary - Twitter Developer Advocate

On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 7:42 AM, sferik <sfe...@gmail.com> wrote:
This was reported as an issue in the twitter gem. Upon investigation, it appears to be a bug in the Twitter API.

Change your membership to this group: http://groups.google.com/group/twitter-development-talk

sferik

Feb 28, 2011, 11:21:56 AM2/28/11
On Monday, February 28, 2011 8:05:09 AM UTC-8, Taylor Singletary wrote:
> It's a documentation error at the moment, the proper path is: POST :user/:list_id/members/create_all

When was the old resource deprecated? Were there any other resources that changed at the same time? I try to pay close attention to the Twitter API Announcements list, but don't recall seeing anything about this. Could you direct me to the relevant post?

I'm disappointed that the documentation is not keeping up with the API. If anything, the documentation should be coming ahead of changes, not trailing them.

Taylor Singletary

Mar 3, 2011, 1:24:12 PM3/3/11
to twitter-deve...@googlegroups.com, sferik
There's obviously no good excuse I can tell you for the documentation being wrong.

In this case, the old resource was never deprecated and never existed -- the documentation was wrong from the beginning.

We're very aware of documentation bugs and are actively working towards allowing their modification with more fluidity than we have today. Thanks for your patience while we get there.

@episod - Taylor Singletary - Twitter Developer Advocate

Ken D.

Mar 3, 2011, 2:45:14 PM3/3/11
to Twitter Development Talk
Mistakes are a fact of life, no excuses necessary. What is hard to
understand is not being able to change a few characters in the
documentation, while developers continue to fall into this silly
trap.

Is the doc generated from the code? Doesn't look like it.

Of course, this documentation bug - and the FAQ about getting a user's
email address, which could also be laid to rest by improving the doc -
keeps this list alive, so I shouldn't complain.