Twitter Search request failed. error 420

Karolis

May 27, 2010, 9:29:42 AM5/27/10
to Twitter Development Talk
Hello

i was sending this request via php: status:http://search.twitter.com/
search.json?geocode=55.6762944,12.5681157,10mi&rpp=100

the reply i get is: 420 unused. failed to open stream: HTTP request
failed! HTTP/1.1

Is this problem with my code or reliability of api?

Jonathan Reichhold

May 27, 2010, 10:18:06 AM5/27/10
to twitter-deve...@googlegroups.com
420 is a rate limit.  The actual error message in the response does state this.

Requesting things more than every 20 seconds will not help your results be any fresher.

Jonathan

Jeffrey Greenberg

May 27, 2010, 1:35:55 PM5/27/10
to Twitter Development Talk
We are seeing 420 errors on our account right now, today when we have
not seeing them before...We have a pause in our search cycle with
Twitter that has been sufficient to not cause us to exceed our
whitelist allocation. Have you revised downward the whitelist
limits? We have been using this api for more than 18months without
much problem, but right now we are, and it's impactng our business.

@JeffGreenberg

jeffrey greenberg
tweettronics.com