Previously working app now failing with "Not authorized to use this endpoint", code: 37

digitalacorn

Jun 9, 2011, 3:26:12 PM6/9/11
to Twitter Development Talk
A previously working app now failing with "Not authorized to use this
endpoint", code: 37

The url I am hitting is

http://twitter.com/followers/ids.json?oauth_body_hash=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX&user_id=NNNNNNNN&oauth_nonce=NNNNNNNN&oauth_timestamp=NNNNNNNN

Has something changed?

Kind Regards,

Peter.

Taylor Singletary

Jun 9, 2011, 3:32:36 PM6/9/11
to twitter-deve...@googlegroups.com
Hi Peter,

You should make sure that you're using the api.twitter.com domain and a version number in your URLs -- instead of the API call you're making, it should be to https://api.twitter.com/1/followers/ids.json -- you aren't using the API correctly otherwise and can have issues like this and countless others effect you as a result.

The relocation to the api.twitter.com domain and version "1" of the API occurred almost two years ago -- please review your code and migrate all usage of the API to the correct endpoints.

Also, I notice that you're passing an oauth_body_hash parameter which is not valid OAuth 1.0A but belongs to an extension to OAuth that Twitter does not support. I recommend suppressing the usage of that parameter in calls you make so that it doesn't further complicate your use of the API.

@episod - Taylor Singletary

Change your membership to this group: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/twitter-development-talk