Change Bower package name to lowercase

Jan Paepke

Mar 23, 2015, 12:52:59 PM3/23/15
to twitte...@googlegroups.com
Hi There!

I already tried getting answers on stackoverflow without much success...
So I thought I'd try my luck again here. :)

Once upon a time I published my library "ScrollMagic" for bower.
For lack of knowledge and proper reading (shame on me) I did not adhere to the "lowercase only" naming convention back then.

With version 2.0.0 i changed that and now it's all lowercase.

How do I go about fixing that? Removing "ScrollMagic" is likely to cause problems with people who already set it as a dependency.
But I can't publish as "scrollmagic" because I get the error message that the package already exists.

What do I do?

best regards,
Jan

Adam Stankiewicz

Mar 23, 2015, 11:53:04 PM3/23/15
to twitte...@googlegroups.com
We need permanent fix for it.

For now, please open an issue on bower/registry we'll handle it somehow.

Adam

Jan Paepke

Mar 25, 2015, 7:18:31 AM3/25/15
to twitte...@googlegroups.com
Ok I posted it: https://github.com/bower/bower/issues/1751

It seems to me the best way would be to rename the package server side and then somehow add a redirect to "scrollmagic", when "ScrollMagic" is requested.

Would that be possible?