Unable to register (bower EINVFORMAT / Invalid URL format)

Martin Metodiev

Aug 11, 2014, 3:49:23 AM8/11/14
to twitte...@googlegroups.com

Hey guys!

I’m trying to register a jQuery plugin that I’ve developed but for some reason I can’t do it.

Does anyone know what might be the problem here?

$ bower register photoRoller git://github.com/martinmethod/photoRoller.git

bower resolve       git://github.com/martinmethod/photoRoller.git#*

bower checkout      photoRoller#master

bower resolved      git://github.com/martinmethod/photoRoller.git#1ccf5b2f9b

[?] Registering a package will make it installable via the registry (https://bower.herokuapp.com), continue? Yesn)

bower register      git://github.com/martinmethod/photoRoller.git

bower EINVFORMAT    Invalid URL format

Martin

Oscar Villarreal

Aug 18, 2014, 4:41:46 PM8/18/14
to twitte...@googlegroups.com
I'm seeing the same type of error
Haven't figured it out yet, do you have any updates or potential fixes?

Thanks!

Martin Metodiev

Aug 26, 2014, 2:46:04 AM8/26/14
to twitte...@googlegroups.com
Got it.

The problem turned out to be the camelCase title.
Here’s more info: