Twister on SAFEnet?

Lucas

Sep 4, 2015, 4:02:33 AM9/4/15
to twister-users
Hi there,

I came up with Twister some time ago and posted several questions/ideas that I had about a distributed messaging. Since then I visited several other cryptoprojects and eventually came up with SAFE a project by MaidSAFE, crowdfunded in 2014 which recently the first installers to run a distributed storing network (recent Developer update: part 1, part  2 - also check out this Mindmap to quickly navigate to the ressources of the project).

I studied most of the threads on this google group, particularly this one about the issue of blockchain size. I wonder whether SAFE could be an alternative platform to run Twister and maybe it´s worth for some of you to have a look at it. The original concept was developed at about the time when Bitcoin launched and is not based on a blockchain, but on storage authentification by close groups (white papers are linked in the mind map). From my understanding this should render the issue of an increasing use of storage effectively irrelevant. Beyond that it would allow not only posting of messages as with Twitter, but also (technically) to store large amounts of data and to award people throughout the network.

Apps on the SAFE network are written in Rust and since Twister is blockchain based I understand that migrating to SAFE would effectively mean to create an entirely new product, which I guess anyone here wants to. Anyway, in case someone is interested in discussing potentials, I link you to the forum post & wireframe I created.

All the best!