how to migrate my account to a new ~/.twister

bah...@gmail.com

Jun 13, 2014, 7:47:46 AM6/13/14
to twiste...@googlegroups.com
I am sure i have already read something about, but I am unsure from which source (wiki, posts, issues, newsgroup user or dev).

Simply copying the whole old .twister to the new node obviously does not work (my secret key should be entered somehow).

Curiously, the log just said:

node_impl::has_expired verifySignature failed
verifySignature: no pubkey for user 'bbc_world'

for plenty of users.

Then i have pulled a fresh .twister and downloaded the blochain.

Curiously, the classic interface, under menu options show a user: "Fulano da Silva" who is this?

The question is: what will I loose, of past state, if i enter my private key with my old nic?

thank you for references to doc or answers to my curiosity!

Klaus Alexander Seistrup

Aug 17, 2014, 9:33:42 AM8/17/14
to twiste...@googlegroups.com
Your ID lives in twisterwallet.dat.You either use that wallet directly in a new setup, or you could “twisterd dumpwallet /path/to/twisterwallet-dump.txt” and use the privkeys there to populate a pristine twisterwallet.dat by saying “twisterd importprivkey <privkey> <username>”.