Aspiring Noob Android User

nick b

Jan 7, 2015, 6:02:52 AM1/7/15
to twiste...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I have downloaded the following: twisterActivity-release.apk (source) and twisterActivity-release.apk.asc (PGP signature for the APK), installing the former.

However, I receive the attached error message.  (Note: Android v5.0.1).

Can someone please point me at a step-by-step guide to setting up Twister on Android?  Or, at an earlier thread for those with similar issues?  I have scanned through and cannot find anything so far, but will continue looking.

Thanks,

Nick
Screenshot_2015-01-07-10-56-17.png

Miguel Freitas

Jan 7, 2015, 6:51:00 AM1/7/15
to twiste...@googlegroups.com
Nick,

Did you try reloading the link after a while? twisterd may take a few seconds to initialize.

If it still doesn't work, it is well possible that your Android 5 shows the same problem i have with Cyanogen:

That is, the twister executable doesn't get executable bit and then we can't run it.

I know there are other ways of achieving the same result (it involves ziping the executable, unpacking to another place and chmoding) but it requires additional coding...

regards,

Miguel

nick b

Jan 7, 2015, 8:09:40 AM1/7/15
to twiste...@googlegroups.com
Hi Miguel,

Thanks for the quick response.

I have attempted to run and re-run through the twistersimpleclient and the URL (http://127.0.0.1:28332/index.html) direct via Chrome, but no joy.

I have limited experience - additional coding is outside of my knowledge, so I will wait whilst you guys do your stuff.

Where is the best resource for obtaining updates on progress; would suggest Twitter?

Regards,

Nick

Miguel Freitas

Jan 7, 2015, 8:21:19 AM1/7/15
to twiste...@googlegroups.com
Nick,

Either @twister account using twister client on your desktop or the news page:

regards,

Miguel

nick b

Jan 7, 2015, 8:30:12 AM1/7/15
to twiste...@googlegroups.com

Thank you again. Will continue to follow.

Regards,

Nick

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "twister-users" group.