avatar problem

Frédéric Logier

Oct 16, 2014, 1:06:45 AM10/16/14
to twiste...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm using twister on an ARMv7 with succes which is hosted at online.net ( http://labs.online.net ) . Anyway twister can't retreive all avatars, mine and the others. I guess that Online block some kind of packets used to send avatars ? Could you give me more informations about avatars that I could transmit to my hosting ?

Miguel Freitas

Oct 16, 2014, 7:38:23 AM10/16/14
to twiste...@googlegroups.com
avatars are transmitted using UDP, just like the profile or posts you see when expanding items in your TL.

the only special thing about it is that, because of packet size, one avatar UDP packet is likely to be fragmented in a couple of IP packets.

so, you might want to check for IP fragmentation support in your host. would your router block fragmented packets?

regards,

Miguel

On Thu, Oct 16, 2014 at 2:06 AM, Frédéric Logier <fre...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

I'm using twister on an ARMv7 with succes which is hosted at online.net ( http://labs.online.net ) . Anyway twister can't retreive all avatars, mine and the others. I guess that Online block some kind of packets used to send avatars ? Could you give me more informations about avatars that I could transmit to my hosting ?

Frédéric Logier

Oct 16, 2014, 11:11:45 AM10/16/14
to twiste...@googlegroups.com

In fact, the MTU is set to 9000 because of rootfs is a network block device. is that MTU could break the UDP fragmented packet ?

Miguel Freitas

Oct 16, 2014, 12:44:56 PM10/16/14
to twiste...@googlegroups.com
No idea. IP stack should be able to fragment your pack whenever it needs to do so, i don't think a bigger MTU would hurt.

In any case try reducing it just to check.