Gitian builds for windows

Miguel Freitas

Jul 6, 2014, 7:01:21 PM7/6/14
to twist...@googlegroups.com
Hi folks,

I'm not going to report just the successes but failures as well... ;-)

I've spent about half a day trying to setup a gitian VM to build twister for windows (using mingw) but i've failed miserably...

Because my desktop is opensuse and it seems that Gitian is happy with ubuntu, my plan was running Ubuntu inside a VirtualBox. Then gitian would be using LXC because (as i correctly guessed) KVM won't play nice inside VirtualBox due to the lack of (nested?) hardware support... LXC sounded like a perfect plan, but it kept returning weird problems of not being able to setup the console.

So, for the time being, i'm giving up.

In case anybody wants to give it a try, i totally support it. Probably mingw windows build would run smoother than current cygwin port.

regards,

Miguel

Miguel Freitas

Jul 12, 2014, 9:53:36 AM7/12/14
to twist...@googlegroups.com
In case you've missed it:

VirtualBox/gitian image to compile native windows twister client