Does twister really need 140 character limit?

soul highwing

Jul 24, 2014, 8:38:27 PM7/24/14
to twist...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,
I'm new to twister, the subject is my question about twister.

twitter use 140 character because it support SMS it's the max number SMS can support.

but with twister, it's not possible to support SMS. thus no need to limt the characters to 140.

Twister's p2p infrastructure makes it not so "realtime". some time new updated takes hours to appear on client side.

Expand the character limit can make it easier and quick to pass long info in one message.

regards

Miguel Freitas

Jul 24, 2014, 9:36:46 PM7/24/14
to twist...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Jul 24, 2014 at 9:38 PM, soul highwing <soulhi...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi all,
I'm new to twister, the subject is my question about twister.

twitter use 140 character because it support SMS it's the max number SMS can support.

but with twister, it's not possible to support SMS. thus no need to limt the characters to 140.

Twister's p2p infrastructure makes it not so "realtime". some time new updated takes hours to appear on client side.

i believe you might be referring to this issue:

taking hours is not right, so this is a bug specific to the current mention mechanism. the normal timeline update through torrent swarms is much faster. it is pretty much realtime.

regards,

Miguel