Ten minutes today to help promote Open Data Day?

Steven Clift

Feb 20, 2015, 1:49:08 PM2/20/15
to betaNY...@meetup.com, twin-cities-brigade, C4CM, open-d...@googlegroups.com, ndoch-or...@googlegroups.com
I've just pinged two of the largest media e-lists about Open Data Day
to encourage journalists around the world to take a look at Open Data
Day.

I am sending them to the #opendataday hashtag, the
http://opendataday.org site, and presenting this spreadsheet -
http://bit.ly/oddeventdetails - as the short cut to find the event
buzz via local event hashtags.

I am amazed at all the events around the world ... let's help those
events get some well deserved media attention by making them more
accessible for a quick quote, access to pics, etc.

So, if you have time today, just pop in here:

http://bit.ly/oddeventdetails

And find the local hashtags for at least two events and put them in
the Google sheet. It might take you ten minutes.

Then consider simply tweeting:

I just added #opendatadayPLACE to exciting
http://bit.ly/oddeventdetails directory. Please add details!
#opendataday

Or something like that. This is something anyone can help with too. No
coding skills needed.

Have some fun with this and invite your friends to help.

Cheers,
Steve