Twin Cities Drupal Camp - 2015

Timothy Erickson

Jun 11, 2015, 1:55:32 PM6/11/15
to twin-cities-brigade
Please share with friends and colleagues.

A reminder about Twin Cities Drupal Camp is coming up - along with some info specifically targeted at local non-profits.

Twin Cities Drupal Camp:
-----------------------
* Location: University of St. Thomas, Mpls
* June 25-28
* Cost = $45 for everything
* Registration = http://2015.tcdrupal.org/

Two Great Keynotes:
------------------------

"Building a Ravenously Passionate Community"
Angie Byron (webchick)
Drupal Core Committer
Director, Community Development at Acquia

"Creating a Culture of Empowerment"
Todd Nienkirk (todd-nienkerk)
Digital Strategist and Partner at Four Kitchens

3 Full Day Training Opportunities (Free with camp registration
------------------------------------

• Drupal 8 Development Primer, presented by Triplo
• Introduction to Headless Drupal, presented by Four Kitchens
• Build a Module Workshop, provided by BuildAModule.com

more info: http://2015.tcdrupal.org/trainings

Sessions of Interest (Selected from 5 Tracks / 35 Total Sessions):
-----------------------

Career Opportunities in Drupal
http://goo.gl/HqANKP

Case Study: Large-Scale, Server Side Mapping with
the Leaflet-Geocluster Stack
http://goo.gl/hLwGtX

Introduction to Web Accessiblity
http://goo.gl/OGxclI

Live, breathe, and feel your Drupal business. Experiential
thoughts on running and working for a Drupal company.
http://goo.gl/g7zVb7

Teaching Kids to Code
http://goo.gl/93k5C8

The Future of the CMS
http://goo.gl/SbZbQQ

Battle for the body field - lessons from the
frontlines of audience engagement
http://goo.gl/hOfZ0x

Welcome to Drupal!
http://goo.gl/OE3sKS

All sessions: http://2015.tcdrupal.org/sessions

Awesome Room (June 26-27):
-----------------------
For the price of admission to the camp, this year participants will have the opportunity to spend as much as or as little time as they would like in our "Awesome Room" getting one-on-one help from volunteers or engaging in unconference style discussions.

* Ask a volunteer mentor for help with your
 specific questions/needs.
* Participate in a facilitated "unconference" track
 where you can bring your own questions or topics for
 discussion with other like-minded folks.
* Meet and/or work with national leaders in the Drupal
 community who will be sprinting on Drupal 8
* Come start a discussion on non-profit topics of interest
 to you!

Friday Night Party:
-------------------------
Included as part of camp is admission to our Friday night party where you can socialize and network with local and national leaders of the Drupal community and friends! This year on Friday, June 26 from 6-10 PM at the Urban Garden Event Center (Minneapolis Farmers Market), hosted by Advantage Labs. There will be yummy food, games, plenty of libations, and lightning talks.

See party venue: http://www.farmersmarketannex.com/UrbanGardenEventCenter.html

Sunday Sprints:
-------------------------
If you would like to see how open source software gets made, if you would like to help make it - come to our Sunday sprint at the Nerdery. We'll have mentors helping folks get set-up to contribute to the Drupal project.

This year we will have a focused sprint on Drupal Documentation for those who would rather write than code.

http://2015.tcdrupal.org/sprints

Tim Erickson

Jun 22, 2015, 1:53:59 PM6/22/15
to twin-citi...@googlegroups.com
Twin Cities Drupal Camp starts on Thursday. There will be sessions on Friday and Saturday.

I would like to see some discussion about open data and civic hacking events at the camp. Our sessions are already set, but we have space set aside for BOF's (Birds of Feather Discussions) in an unconference style . If anyone from this group would like facilitate an informal discussion about Open Data and Civic Hacking, Triplo (my company) would be willing to provide a coupon code for free registration to the entire camp (including two great parties).

A BOF session is not likely to be very large in numbers (anywhere from 5-10 people), but I expect it will be high quality and better than nothing.

Take a look at our Unconference schedule here (just starting to flesh this out):

For more information about Drupal camp June 26-27):

Best wishes,

Tim Erickson