MSP Maker Faire call for makers - accepting until 5/3

Bill Bushey

May 1, 2015, 2:44:45 PM5/1/15
to twin-citi...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

Many of you probably already know that Maker Faire is happening on May 30th, and that they're in the middle of a call for makers who want to exhibit or present. In case you don't, you should checkout their Call for Makers, and submit a proposal by May 3rd.

I think it would be really cool to see some civic tech at Maker Faire. What does everybody think about Open Twin Cities applying for a booth or a presentation/workshop?

-Bill

Laura Andersen

May 1, 2015, 2:57:48 PM5/1/15
to Bill Bushey, twin-citi...@googlegroups.com
I love it! Could we co-promote Cyclehack? Ask for challenge submissions in some fun way?

Bill Bushey

May 1, 2015, 3:06:59 PM5/1/15
to Laura Andersen, Bill Bushey, twin-citi...@googlegroups.com
Promoting Cyclehack and accepting challenges definitely sounds like a good idea. A booth could be a showcase of past and future events, things that have been built, etc...

Chief Technology Officer

May 2, 2015, 8:23:44 AM5/2/15
to twin-citi...@googlegroups.com

Frank Beissel

May 2, 2015, 11:07:53 AM5/2/15
to Bill Bushey, Laura Andersen, twin-cities-brigade

Glad to see open twin cities involved.  Sign up now and work out the details later.

Frank

--
Find Open Twin Cities at http://opentwincities.org
---

rox johnson

May 2, 2015, 11:57:30 AM5/2/15
to twin-cities-brigade
I would like to put in some time at the booth! I like the idea of including CycleHack also.
-Roxanne

Bill Bushey

May 3, 2015, 12:00:59 PM5/3/15
to rox johnson, twin-cities-brigade
Awesome! Well, OTC has applied for an exhibit booth!

I think this is going to be a lot of fun to create and staff. If anybody wants to get involved, just let me know.

Chief Technology Officer

May 4, 2015, 12:53:12 AM5/4/15
to twin-citi...@googlegroups.com

wbushey

May 12, 2015, 9:59:20 PM5/12/15
to twin-citi...@googlegroups.com, wbu...@gmail.com, rox.j...@gmail.com
Hey Everybody,

Well, we're in! We're going to have a table at MakerFaire on the 30th.

Now we just need to make stuff for the table...