Where can MN.gov improve?

Steven Clift

Jul 25, 2016, 10:31:26 AM7/25/16
to twin-cities-brigade, mn-politics

Customer service contact - 15% ... our B+ overall with egov would be a solid A otherwise.

See: http://www.govtech.com/innovationnation/#/map

When I led the launch of what is now MN.gov back in 1995, the smartest thing I did was forward in...@state.mn.us to our state telephone operators. They were awesome at helping our citizens navigate government from the citizen perspective.

Unfortunately at some point with major budget shortfalls, the state canned the  operators, cancelled the state telephone directory, and stopped producing the state agency guidebook. We can do better. Much better. Standardized info/data who does what and how do I contact them data is essential.

Contrast this with 311 efforts in Minneapolis ... but then ask why isn't 311 (add in 211) via tele, SMS, chat, web-self serve, FB messenger, WhatsApp, etc. a statewide ALL of public and community services service?

Perhaps the next campaigns for Governor in 2018 might pick up some big ideas for public service innovation??

Steven Clift