Map where storm sewers drain? Fwd: [Mpls-StanEric] Lake Hiawatha (check your curbs)

Steven Clift

Jun 13, 2015, 11:21:13 PM6/13/15
to twin-cities-brigade

Anyone know of a map or data set that would help us figure out which storm drains end up in Lake Hiawatha?

See below.

Steve

Jun 15, 2015, 9:25:44 AM6/15/15
to twin-citi...@googlegroups.com
A storm sewer (storm water) drainage data project took place back in 2010: http://metrogis.org/projects/stormsewers.aspx  - Not sure where the effort went after that. The study they link to here:

Suggests to me that local subsurface drainage needs to be added to the National Hydrography Dataset (NHD), which is already very complex. It's possible that Mpls has their stormwater drains mapped out but they don't have it posted on their open data site.

Sorry this isn't a complete picture, but perhaps it will lead to more.

Steven Clift

Jun 15, 2015, 6:47:22 PM6/15/15
to Mike Dolbow, twin-cities-brigade

I am not sure where this came from, but this was posted:

Btw, this a great reminder about how neighborhood forums be they on E-Dem, Facebook, etc. are a great source of demand and use cases for what civic tech can do:
http://forums.e-democracy.org/groups/mpls-staneric/messages/topic/3wu5gvimBG6IgbG7CqM8A2/

Find your spaces from: http://beneighbors.org

Steve

--