Minnebar - What sessions are you proposing?

Steven Clift

Mar 14, 2018, 2:40:22 PM3/14/18
to twin-cities-brigade
Anyone proposing sessions for Minnebar?

I've learned recently that mn.gov gets no dedicated funding from the legislature. (Correct me if I am wrong.) What?!

I led the launch of this service when it was www.state.mn.us in 1995 and left gov in 1998 just as we secure a $1M budget a year for it. I do however understand that after I left, there are questions about how much of the spending went into "North Star" project versus the then new Office of Technology. Somewhere along the way, funding for Minnesota government's #1 front door to it residences lost the support of legislators.

Anyway, I'd like to see the next Governor make a big proposal for a new mn.gov/combined statewide 311/211 citizen service system that the legislature would find attractive to fund.

One idea I had way back when was to involve the best of the best web developers/UI experts, etc, in MN companies to advise digital government in Minnesota. We could do a mini version of this.

We should be the first state that earns an A+ in my view:

Personally, I'd like to see more of this:

Anyway, would you be interested in helping lead a session envisioning a mn.gov/311 system for the next decade?

Cheers,
Steve

Steven Clift  -  Executive Director, E-Democracy.org
   cl...@e-democracy.org  -  +1 612 234 7072
   http://twitter.com/democracy

Digital engagement for your org via E-Democracy: