Twin Cities Metro's Lower Income +4%, Upper Income +3%, Middle -6%

Steven Clift

May 12, 2016, 12:59:39 PM5/12/16
to mn-politics, twin-cities-brigade
See:
http://www.citylab.com/work/2016/05/where-the-middle-class-metros-are-mapped/482352
http://www.pewsocialtrends.org/2016/05/11/americas-shrinking-middle-class-a-close-look-at-changes-within-metropolitan-areas/

Notable is that in 2000 only 16% were in the low income bracket ...
one of the lowest levels for the nation back then. We are still at 20%
lower than the national average of 29% and it is notable that nearly
half the decline in middle income folks was because of a jump up.

What would be important to see is the change by city and county not
just the full Metro so ideally we can work to generate more
income/wealth in areas with the greatest drops.

Steven Clift - Executive Director, E-Democracy.org
cl...@e-democracy.org - +1 612 234 7072
@democracy - http://linkedin.com/in/netclift
http://1radionews.com - My radio app