Data Rescue Event at U of M - February 24-25, 2017

Alison Link

Feb 14, 2017, 4:28:29 PM2/14/17
to Open Twin Cities
Hello OTC folks!  Just wanted to share some information about a Data Rescue event coming up at the U of M next Friday and Saturday...

I know it's kind of short notice, but would love to see folks there for however long you can make it!

Alison

---

Twin Cities DataRescue Event -- Feb 24-25, 2017

As part of our commitment to keeping data open, accessible, and available, the University of Minnesota Libraries is hosting a Twin Cities DataRescue Event on Friday, February 24 and Saturday, February 25.

The mission of DataRescue-Twin Cities is to preserve, promote, and protect federally produced data. These data are critical for research, policy decisions, and an informed citizenry, but their availability are particularly vulnerable to changes in government funding and administrative policy. Data that exist only on government websites have been unavailable during government shutdowns and historic data can be lost if archival practices change over time.

Join us in our efforts to capture and archive federally produced datasets to ensure they remain available! We need researchers, tech-savvy coders, archivists, librarians, and passionate community members to help capture and archive federally produced vulnerable datasets.

Drop in anytime during these events to help us keep federal data accessible!

Learn more at https://www.lib.umn.edu/about/datarescue

WHEN:

1pm - 6pm, Friday, February 24

10am - 6pm, Saturday, February 25