Voice Command - Twine with Voiced Narration

Dan Isacsson

Oct 14, 2017, 11:27:30 AM10/14/17
to Tweecode / Twine
Hello, I'm a big fan of what you're doing with Twine and hope that it will continue to be developed for a long time.

I have a very specific thing I would like to do, and that is to allow players to say voice commands to Twine to move forward in a plot. At the end of each section in my story I provide the player with one of two choices, and I want the player to be able to simply say which option they'd prefer to go for by using voice commands rather than clicking an option. This way they could look out a window and fantasize about the story rather than needing to look down on their phone or computer screen.

Today's voice recognition software is a lot better at recognizing words, so it shouldn't be too far-fetched to use this type of technology to recognize keywords that link the player to the next part of the story. Unfortunately I do not have the coding skills necessary to make this work by myself, at least not right now. So I'm wondering if anybody knows if somebody else has already had the same idea and if they're working on it, or if there's some easy way to get it to work that I haven't thought of.

Best regards,
Dan Isaksson

mcd

Oct 17, 2017, 12:08:17 PM10/17/17