new twine isn't backwards compatible

Marian Spurgeon

Jul 8, 2014, 3:02:01 AM7/8/14
to twee...@googlegroups.com
I can only open my story in 1.3.5, I would like to use 1.4.2, but every time I try to rebuild my story in the new version it just spits out this long page of code. I went back to the old version and am able to get it to work in that. Is there any way to migrate my story to the new version without breaking it?
Message has been deleted

Joe Sanders

Jul 12, 2014, 4:14:14 PM7/12/14
to twee...@googlegroups.com
Ok, I figured it out. When I hit "rebuild and view" it saves a new file that lacks an extension. Adding the extension renders the story readable.

Why doesn't Twine automatically include an extension?

Thomas Michael EDWARDS

Jul 14, 2014, 9:28:24 AM7/14/14
to twee...@googlegroups.com

This mailing-list is, essentially, dead. Inquiries should go to the
official forums: http://twinery.org/forum/

--
Thomas Michael EDWARDS <tmed...@motoslave.net>
http://www.motoslave.net/thom/ | http://www.motoslave.net/sugarcube/