I cannot re-pass over a previous path.

Riccardo Baldinotti

Feb 2, 2014, 8:55:08 AM2/2/14
to twee...@googlegroups.com
Hi all, this is the first time I post here, I began playing with Twine with no particular purpose except for my curiosity.
Here is the problem: I have a path, in which I can turn around and go to my Start again, or at one moment I can choose another way. If I go from Start to my Second, Third ... Last passage and then to Start, I suddenly find myself to Last again, and this happens whenever I return to Start.
There is another way, in which I can pass from Fourth to Second and then I do not find myself brought to Fourth, so everything goes well.
I enclose my file for better explication, the text is in Italian but it simple enough, I think.
Thanks in advance for every help.
storia.tws

Richard Sharpe

Feb 2, 2014, 1:51:36 PM2/2/14
to twee...@googlegroups.com
Lord have mercy, your question sounds like one of those brain teasers! Who's on first? ;-)

I can't quite understand the problem, probably because I'm impatient. I didn't see any problem with the Twine file. However, there are issues to consider with the Start passage. I avoid using it for much.

Tell me if my attached story file fixes the problem. I tested the crap out of it and could not find a problem.

Also, let me invite you to the official forums: http://twinery.org/forum/

— Sharpe
storia.tws

Devi

Feb 2, 2014, 2:50:43 PM2/2/14
to twee...@googlegroups.com
I'm pretty sure the problem here is just the linking-back-to-Start bug which I believe has been fixed in Twine's latest version