collection of Twine games from me and other people

Porpentine

Aug 11, 2012, 2:57:05 AM8/11/12
to twee...@googlegroups.com
i've been working in Twine for a while and recently discovered this group. Just posting a collection of the games i've made along with my favorites from other people in the indie game scene to show that Twine isn't dead. There's a variety of tones and styles on display here so there's sure to be something you enjoy.

http://monsterkillers.com/games/2012-07-18%20Rat%20Chaos/ratchaos.html# by J Chastain, it's probably the best Twine game i've played.

http://vacuumflowers.com/Seven%20Hours%20Pass by Loren Schmidt, a fascinating vignette

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1971219/nagademo/ab.html by Jasmine Choinski (historical, poetic)

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/88951433/Pontefractweb.html by Kitty Horrorshow (purple prose, dripping horror)

my games

http://aliendovecote.com/uploads/twine/myriad.html# (short story length if you play all the branches)

http://aliendovecote.com/uploads/twine/beauty.html# (short, Romanticism)

http://aliendovecote.com/uploads/twine/batman-is-screaming.html (tiny, surreal)

claytonToz

Aug 16, 2012, 6:35:46 PM8/16/12
to twee...@googlegroups.com

I've been trying to host my story using dropbox but I can't seem to figure it out.
can you help me out?

Porpentine

Aug 16, 2012, 6:39:05 PM8/16/12
to twee...@googlegroups.com
I don't use dropbox, sorry. Maybe try your own webspace or someone elses.

Christopher Liu

Aug 16, 2012, 7:10:09 PM8/16/12
to twee...@googlegroups.com

You can put the html file in your public folder, and in windows right-click and select copy public link to get a web address.

On Aug 16, 2012 6:39 PM, "Porpentine" <aliend...@gmail.com> wrote:
I don't use dropbox, sorry. Maybe try your own webspace or someone elses.

Guard13007

Sep 13, 2012, 4:24:23 PM9/13/12
to twee...@googlegroups.com
You know, I stumbled across Myriad a few days ago, played it once and thought it was nice, but didn't think of trying to play it again because the first time I'd tried to play it as if there was some way out of it, and then was just like, oh well, whatever, not a there-could-be-any-ending story..

And just now because it turns out I found this on here and then played it again, I now really like it. xD Maybe I just wasn't in the right mood the first time, but playing it in my classroom after screwing up another class (never skipped a class before, not gonna do it again) and hitting the consequences, I guess I was in the right mood for it.

Porpentine

Sep 14, 2012, 3:14:18 AM9/14/12
to twee...@googlegroups.com
Thanks! It's kind of intended to be deceptively rewarding, so that sounds about right.

Guard13007

Sep 14, 2012, 5:41:24 PM9/14/12
to twee...@googlegroups.com
So you have to be a misbehaving college student to get it? xD Jk.