I'm new to twine and wondering if it's possible to have the text show up like you're on a typewriter

Cindia Lai

Feb 4, 2014, 11:34:46 PM2/4/14
to twee...@googlegroups.com
the player sees the text showing up  like it's being typed out on a typewriter

thx

Richard Sharpe

Feb 5, 2014, 1:35:37 PM2/5/14
to twee...@googlegroups.com
I know it's possible as I've seen it done, though I can't remember in what game.

You might ask on the official Twine forum for an answer: twinery.org/forum/

—Sharpe

Kirsty Singleton

Feb 6, 2014, 1:30:30 PM2/6/14
to twee...@googlegroups.com
There are some examples here: http://www.glorioustrainwrecks.com/node/5161 :)

André Berthiaume

Feb 6, 2014, 3:47:48 PM2/6/14
to twee...@googlegroups.com
I know this effect can be done with jQuery, and that jQuery is supported in twine as far as I know (or you could edit the html after).

Not sure how it would affect the rest of the code, but here is the demo

Here is the guide on how to set up the plugin and call it on your web hosting server :