New Twine alpha version for testing (Windows version). Supports extended font character set

Philip Sutton

Jun 9, 2012, 5:23:00 AM6/9/12
to Tweecode / Twine
Hi all,

If you are working in Windows and need an extended character set to
handle non-ACSII characters, then you might like to try out the new
alpha version of Twine. Please make sure you keep backups of your
files in case the program has bugs we are not aware of.

The version seems prettty stable as several of us have been using it
for a month without data loss. But it has not been tested by a large
test user base so there may be unrevealed problems.

If you are using a 64 bit version of Windows you might perhaps need to
install Twine in XP compatibility. (But you might not!)

You can download the new version from:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/25549414/twine-1.3.6-alpha-windows-32bit_201205051646.exe

The new version has lots of bug fixes and polishes and quite a few
(currently) undocumented new functions.

For example, there's a new macro called <<return>> that allows the
reader to return to the previous passage without resetting the
variables. (The <<back>> macro rewinds the system one step, but with
the <<return>> macro you go forwards in the story or game by going
back to the previous passage.)

In the passage map window, if you have set it so that the passages are
displayed small you can reveal the names of the passages as a tooltip
by slightly moving a passage (right click, hold down and move
slightly).

Have fun.

Cheers, Philip

Oke_Doke

Jun 11, 2012, 9:21:15 AM6/11/12
to twee...@googlegroups.com
Excellent, I haven't yet had access to the Editor changes.

Does this include the ability to dynamically load custom targets?
MVH,
Henry

Philip Sutton

Jun 14, 2012, 4:55:58 PM6/14/12
to twee...@googlegroups.com
Henry,

> Does this include the ability to dynamically load custom targets?

Yes indeed.  You just create your own version of the StoryFormat html file (target file), go to where you have ibnstalled the Twine program and find the Targets folder, create a new folder inside the Targets folder, name the new folder whatever you want your customised format to be called in the Twine program, and place you customised header.html file in your new folder.

After you reboot Twine, you will see your new format listed in Twine (go to the Story>StoryFormat sub-menu).

Philip

Ronny Schmatzler

Jun 28, 2012, 9:09:43 AM6/28/12
to twee...@googlegroups.com
Good to see that Twine is still developed! :) The google code page looks really outdated.

The Alpha version fixed a bug where I could not get back properly with the back button sometimes. Thanks for that! :)

But I can't create passages with a " in them. Twine creates them but when click on them in the html, it says "passage not found".

I'm not using it for storys, but for creating an interactive avatar I can ask questions and get answers from on my website:

http://www.osc-one.de/?page_id=8

Very easy to create and adjust with Twine! :)

Stormrose

Jul 28, 2012, 6:31:57 PM7/28/12
to twee...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the feedback. It turns out that there is at least four other characters that cannot be used; [, ], \n, \r in titles. I'll add a fix for " to my TODO list. (I nearly have a running dev environment again - fingers crossed).

mlm

Jul 30, 2012, 11:17:49 AM7/30/12
to twee...@googlegroups.com
As some of the others who have posted to the list have written, I can't get this new version (or the older one) of Twine to create a story. I'm attaching a screen shot. I use Firefox, but IE doesn't work either. The program installed in Program Files (x86). Some other software I'm using requires that the monitor display be set to 100% to work properly. I usually set it higher, but I tried again with the lower magnification, and its still doesn't work. It looks like a very useful software. Any suggestions?
twineproblem.PNG

Christopher Liu

Jul 30, 2012, 3:30:33 PM7/30/12
to twee...@googlegroups.com

Hello,

If one of your passages is entitled Start, Twine will show that passage as the first one. Hope that helps!

Chris

mlm

Stormrose

Jul 31, 2012, 11:49:23 AM7/31/12
to twee...@googlegroups.com
I might add a simple sanity checker for this. Easy to do and it'll save a few new user headaches. I wonder how many new users we just silently lose to this.

--Et

David Marchand

Sep 1, 2012, 6:55:21 PM9/1/12
to twee...@googlegroups.com
Awesome!
I've been making some Twine stories lately, and since I always start writing 'em in Spanish, I had to use non-ACSII characters.
Nothing you could tell by looking at the final product, but I couldn't export the proofing copy, and the colors in the editor were all mixed up.
So I'm very happy now!
I see this version corrected the broken link to http://gimcrackd.com/etc/src/, and also the StorySubtitle thing, that didn't show up with the latest version.
Very very happy to know this incredible tool is still being taken care of.

Stormrose

Sep 2, 2012, 5:53:36 AM9/2/12
to twee...@googlegroups.com
I'm glad that you're liking things! Those features are still in Alpha so any feedback you can give on how they're going for you is much appreciated. Also, do let the group here know what things might help you out... we can't promise to get to them, but knowing does help me prioritise how I spend my Twine time.

--Et

Stormrose

Sep 4, 2012, 5:46:44 AM9/4/12
to twee...@googlegroups.com
This version is a little more up to date:

You'll need to run the above installer version, then unzip this guy into the Twine program folder... or run the Twine installer and unzip this one to a different folder and run it from it's own folder.
This version has more bug-fixes. But you really don't need to worry about this version if the previous alpha is not causing problems for you. I'll post more alphas as needed.

David Marchand

Sep 8, 2012, 6:17:50 PM9/8/12
to twee...@googlegroups.com
Everything's working perfectly here.
I can finally use all the Spanish characters I like and still see my links blue, my macros purple and my HTML code green, without any color displacement.
The Rewind button still doesn't do anything, it never has for me, but I don't see it as a problem 'cause I never use the default sidebar anyway.
There's only a couple things I would like fixed that this alpha didn't fix:
  • If I close a passage with a blank link - like [[link text|]] - the editor doesn't let me open it again. One time I had a huge passage and I let a blank link in it (because I hadn't still decided what it was going to link to) and I almost had to delete it and lose all the text in it. I guess now I could export a proofing copy to retrieve the passage content, but back then I had to open the Twine project with the notepad and manually delete the blank link.
  • The <<remember>> macro never worked for me. A shame, for I could've used it to make checkpoints and such, which would be pretty rad in a hyperfiction.

Stormrose

Sep 9, 2012, 8:07:33 AM9/9/12
to twee...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the feedback. I'll add to the todo list/juggles some priorities. I didn't know about the empty link text bug!
Which template are you using that remember is broken in? It's been on some fix lists for awhile but I'm not sure who's looking after the story formats. I've kinda abandoned those and am using my own custom one now. Still; it should still be fixed.

I'm not sure, but apparently the rewind button is only meant to work when an entry has been bookmarked using a <<bookmark>> macro or something of that nature. TBH I've been using a special thingy to wipe the Rewind out of my own stories but I suppose it really should go back in...

--Et

David Marchand

Sep 9, 2012, 6:28:09 PM9/9/12
to twee...@googlegroups.com
Bookmark is a tag, I think, not a macro, but it still doesn't work for me.
Oh and I use Sugarcane.

Stormrose

Sep 10, 2012, 10:05:51 AM9/10/12
to twee...@googlegroups.com
ty

David Marchand

Sep 14, 2012, 7:43:47 PM9/14/12
to twee...@googlegroups.com
OK, apparently I've been doing something wrong or, IDK, but I tried to reproduce the problem I said, and now it seems the bookmark tag and Rewind button simply work. Seamlessly. Maybe I've been typing bookmark wrong earlier? Just so no one spends time searching for a bug that probably only existed in my imagination.

HarmlessTrouble

Oct 8, 2012, 2:30:34 PM10/8/12
to twee...@googlegroups.com
Hi Stormrose,

Just a Quick report on the 1.3.6 Alpha.

The default Story Formats build fine.

When trying to build to your Responsive Story Format. (a "blank" story with just the default Start passage) the following error occurs.

An error occurred while building your story ('ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 35860)

Another thing, Noticed in the 1.3.6 alpha Help>>About Twine still says 1.3.5.  Have you pushed this version to github?  If so I'll add these issues to the repository.

Over this week I'll be going through the issues one by one to see what is resolved and not and hopefully begin to knock a good chunck of these off the list.

Ye haw,

Henry

Stormrose

Oct 9, 2012, 9:13:34 AM10/9/12
to twee...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for going through these! It'd be good to have my changes integrated and a "not-me" pair of eyes let me know what things I've missed. Testing is not important and underrated!

I'm pretty much out for anything Twine dev related as I end the semester and get grading etc done. I expect to have more time come Nov/Dec/Jan.

I haven't changed version numbers yet. I guess I should?

Hmmm that error you see is a unicode error.... will add to the list.

Thanks again,
--Et

Stormrose

Jan 21, 2013, 8:26:59 PM1/21/13
to twee...@googlegroups.com
Here's a new alpha. I consider this much lower quality than other alphas since I was mid-way through a feature or two when I stopped and moved to squashing a few bugs. With that in mind, DO NOT USE this alpha if previous versions are working fine for you.

Major updates:
Preliminary unicode support (prev. alphas have this already)
Support for macros in Start passages

--Et

On Wednesday, October 10, 2012 2:13:34 AM UTC+13, Stormrose wrote:
I'm pretty much out for anything Twine dev related as I end the semester and get grading etc done. I expect to have more time come Nov/Dec/Jan.

You'll need to run the above installer version, then unzip this guy into the Twine program folder... or run the Twine installer and unzip this one to a different folder and run it from it's own folder.

Stormrose

Jan 24, 2013, 9:46:20 PM1/24/13
to twee...@googlegroups.com
Would you might sending me a .tws file that is giving the 'ascii' codex error? I'd really like to get to the bottom of it! This error should not be caused by the Responsive template at all so I'm curious!

I'll add +1 to the priority of the <<remember>> macro, I'm putting my limited dev time into Responsive and things I need for my own gamestories; though I can see <<remember>> being useful for SpaceBoat.

--Et

On Thursday, January 24, 2013 3:07:03 AM UTC+13, lectronice wrote:
Hello there! I've been playing with Twine since a while, and I'm really glad to see the project is alive. I've tried the latest alpha builds, and I have a few questions.

Is the preliminary unicode support meant to fix the problem with your responsive story format? It still get the "'ascii' codex can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 35860: ordinal not in range(128)" error when I try to build a story.

Also, may I ask if the <<remember>> macro will be fixed soon? I know there are other priorities, but it would allow very interesting experiments.

Thanks, and keep up the great work!

lectronice

Jan 25, 2013, 7:51:51 AM1/25/13
to twee...@googlegroups.com
For some reason I get an error when I try tu upload a file here, so here's a link where ytou can get the file and the related (blank) html.= in a zip archive: http://o0o0.fr/up/data/public/117cc8054ca8743375d5021e705e864a.php?lang=en

In fact , I get the "'ascii' codex can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 35860: ordinal not in range(128)" error for every story I try to build with the responsive format.

My guess is the problem is somewhat related to my French Windows 7 and/or special characters. I played a bit with the various story formats, and I noticed that if I insert some non-latin characters in any header.html file (a "é" in Sugaracane in this case), I get a very similar error: "'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xe9 in position 126: ordinal not in range(128))". There is maybe a special character in the responsive format which causes this problem. Sadly I have no English version of Windows 7 installed at the moment. It could be useful to know if people getting this error are using non-english Windows installations.

lectronice

Jan 25, 2013, 7:54:09 AM1/25/13
to twee...@googlegroups.com
Oh, and sorry for not being able to type properly :/

Stormrose

Jan 28, 2013, 3:53:46 AM1/28/13
to twee...@googlegroups.com
Hmmm that 0xc3 error is an $Atilde; character. At that position I suspect it is in the middle of the Modernizr framework, but I honestly cannot find it anywhere when I search for it; perhaps it is actually the beginning of a Unicode sequence that my editor is too smart to find.

Having said that: when I use a recent alpha version of Twine, this error completely goes away. It seems that Responsive storyformat will only work with recent alphas.

I suspect that you are not using a recent alpha - otherwise you would not be having the problems with the ascii codec when using diacritics in other storyformats.

Stormrose

Jan 28, 2013, 3:57:44 AM1/28/13
to twee...@googlegroups.com
That's a cool idea. One line of extra code and it's now in the latest alphas for the Jonah, Sugarcane & Responsive formats.

I made one small tweak, and it's kinda annoying, but eventually I'd like Twine to generate valid html(something). I changed the output attributed name to "data-tags". Otherwise it works just as you describe.

[data-tags~=testtag] { background-color: #f00; }

I gave you credit in the commit to my github fork and added a credit in the Responsive source code. Nobody by original authors have credits in Jonah or Sugarcane though, sry.

On Monday, January 28, 2013 7:17:01 AM UTC+13, Leon Arnott wrote:

I don't know if this is the place where feature requests should be made, but I'd like a very small but powerful change: make rendered passage divs have the same "tags" attribute as the storearea divs do. This would allow specific passage tags to be selected by CSS, and in effect let the author define CSS for entire blocks of the story. I have a Javascript code patch thing that does it here: http://www.glorioustrainwrecks.com/node/5013

Stormrose

Jan 28, 2013, 4:26:12 AM1/28/13
to twee...@googlegroups.com
Here's another alpha. Again I consider this as more a test build than an alpha so DO NOT USE this alpha if previous versions are working fine for you. It is windows only, but if you're on another platform and you want the updated storyformats then you can extract them from the .zip file and use then with Twee commandline or on any other platform (Mac OS X cough), probably. It's reported that Responsive only seems to work if you have a build that supports Unicode though.

Major updates to Jonah, Sugarcane & Responsive:
  1. <<remember>> macro works again (see note below)
  2. <<print>> macro now prints 0 when the value is numeric zero. It still prints blanks for empty strings, null/undefined or NaN values.
  3. Incorporated the idea from Leon Arnott (http://www.glorioustrainwrecks.com/node/5013) so you can use target your CSS by passage tags.

1. <<remember>>
This records the value of a variable and automatically reloads it when the story is reloaded. Use this to save important state. I use it in SpaceBoat to save ShipControlCodes between chapters / games.
Now, be careful using this; there are some potential security risks. Technically any twine story can inject variables into any other twine story that is loaded from the same webserver (e.g. dropbox.com). I'm not going to talk about exactly how to do this (you could figure it out if you want to use your powers for evil).  In truth this vulnerability has always existed.
I mention this to suggest/warn you to initialise all variables except the ones you expect to see from <<remember>>.
Also, don't go crazy with <<remember>>; cookie based storage is limited to just a few kilobytes. localStorage is limited to megabytes.
Also, I think the change was significant enough to bump the rememberMacro version number to 2.0.0 :P
The remember macro technically never broke: what happened was certain browsers just stopped allowing cookie based storage for local .html files. Once the .html was uploaded then the <<remember>> macro works just fine. What I did was to detect for html5 localStorage and use that if available and fallback to cookies when localStorage was not available. This seems to work fine for without having to upload the file - provided your browser is recent enough.

2. <<print>> zero fix
The ugly work around used to be:
<<if $var1 eq 0>>0<<else>><<print $var1>><<endif>>

Now this works just fine
<<print $var1>>

3. Leon Arnott's CSS tags idea:
Here's how to target your CSS to a passage tag (::double colon is passage title, [tags are in square brackets])

::Some Passage [demo1]
This passage has formatting applied for because it has the demo1 tag

::Stylesheet [stylesheet]
[data-tags~=demo1] { background-color: #f00; }

This is a very very powerful effect and you can do some pretty cool things with this. It works with multiple tags too. The ~= selects any one of the tags on the passage. It only works with the Start passage and passages reached by clicking a link. It does not work if the passage was called using <<display>>.

That's all from me for awhile. Apart from show stopper bugs I need to focus on non-twine stuff for a few months.

lectronice

Jan 28, 2013, 3:08:00 PM1/28/13
to twee...@googlegroups.com
Well, I'm running your 201301282147 alpha build and I still have the same problem. I uninstalled anything Twine-related before, just in case. Should I reinstall the 1.3.5 then paste the content of the archive in the Twine folder? This is what I've been doing so far with alpha builds (and strangely, the Windows program manager was displaying 1.3.6 while 1.3.5 was still mentioned in Twine's about menu).

Anyway, many thanks for your hard work, I'm more than happy with the <<remember>> update and the CSS passage tag :)

Stormrose

Jan 28, 2013, 3:42:57 PM1/28/13
to twee...@googlegroups.com
Hmmm okay I'll keep looking for squish that bug. I'll need to find a smarter editor :) You were installing alpha's correctly: installer first then blat over the folder with the alpha zip file.
I'll make a note to fix the version numbers too.

Leon Arnott

Feb 5, 2013, 10:59:55 AM2/5/13
to twee...@googlegroups.com
While thinking about this, I gradually realised that while attaching the data-tags attribute to passage divs makes sense from a stretch-text perspective, it doesn't grant as much power as it ought to Sugarcane or linear Jonah users. Which is to say, I've come to decide that in addition to applying the data-tags attribute to the passage divs, it should also be applied to the body element. That way, a user can, for instance, change the entire page's background, or alter other page elements, etc, by selecting say "[data-tags~=cave]" or "[data-tags~=ice] sidebar". Individual passages in, say, stretch-text Jonah, would still be selected using ".passage[tags~=death]". I know this seems kind of counterintuitive from a DOM perspective, though. What do you think?

Leon Arnott

Feb 9, 2013, 10:59:10 PM2/9/13
to twee...@googlegroups.com
One more suggestion: someone noted that the Twine formats don't have "Please turn on JavaScript to play" messages if JS is off or non-whitelisted when you browse to them. Should be an easy innocuous fix.

Jordan Magnuson

Feb 16, 2013, 4:33:20 AM2/16/13
to twee...@googlegroups.com
I would also love to see Twine on GitHub, if possible...

On Sat, Feb 16, 2013 at 6:27 AM, Γιάννης Ανθυμόσογλου <yann...@gmail.com> wrote:
Just wondering, would you be willing to distribute the source code to this? I dimly remember this being open source. Maybe if you put it up on a code hosting service like GitHub it will get more attention from others, helping you in the process...

I remembered Twine when I saw Even Cowgirls Bleed, a very very short game made in one day by Christine Love. Play it here: http://scoutshonour.com/cowgirl/ Apparently made in Twine.

Message has been deleted

HarmlessTrouble

Feb 16, 2013, 8:46:50 AM2/16/13
to twee...@googlegroups.com
Strike that, Stormrose's fork appears to have some recent changes.

- henry

narF

Feb 25, 2013, 9:55:16 PM2/25/13
to twee...@googlegroups.com
Instead of using Twine, I use Twee on command line with text files edited with a text editor. Now, is there a way for me to benefit from this alpha update? I especially would like the new feature that make the <<print>> macro print out 0 instead of nothing. Is there a way for me to patch?

Thanks!

HarmlessTrouble

Feb 26, 2013, 1:31:27 AM2/26/13
to twee...@googlegroups.com

On Tuesday, February 26, 2013 3:55:16 AM UTC+1, narF wrote:
Instead of using Twine, I use Twee on command line with text files edited with a text editor. Now, is there a way for me to benefit from this alpha update?

We've synchronized the alpha onto the tweecode/twine repository. Updating the story format repositories so that we all can use them should be next on the todo list.. Meanwhile you can grab the targets folder from the Alpha and replace them in your twee directory.

I especially would like the new feature that make the <<print>> macro print out 0 instead of nothing.
Does it? huh....   I never noticed.   <<print "0">> prints zero while <<print 0>> shows nothing.   I thought this was normal.  <<print $v+"">> converts it to a string so even if there's nothing (0, undefined) it will print something..

Stormrose

Feb 27, 2013, 8:41:02 AM2/27/13
to twee...@googlegroups.com
Normal for JS coders vs normal for humans are different things. :)
I do like the simplicity of ""+ for converting rather than the isString() code I use now. I should change it.

Dan Cox

Mar 1, 2013, 4:58:22 PM3/1/13
to twee...@googlegroups.com
I'm not sure if this is the best place for this or not, but I'm going to fork your code, Stormrose, with the next few days.

I've been working on cleaning up my Passage.add() code and have been wanting to overwrite the Passage.render() function to give all created div(s) an id too. It doesn't make sense, at least to me, for passages to have a unique title but not an id. It would allow all number of useful functionality to happen, like the addition of Passage.edit().

Anyway, if you see a weird pull request from Videlais within the next two weeks on just the JavaScript, it's me.

Stormrose

Mar 1, 2013, 7:03:46 PM3/1/13
to twee...@googlegroups.com
All good. I'm with you on the ID thing. Send a pull request through once you have it going.
Will you do this across Jonah, Sugarcane, Responsive?

Jordan Magnuson

Mar 2, 2013, 1:57:52 AM3/2/13
to twee...@googlegroups.com
Since you mention ids, just wanted to throw out the fact that id names should have spaces in passage names replaced with underscores, or the selectors become useless. e.g.:

Maybe someone has already addressed this in one of these new alphas, but ran into this the other day in 1.3.5, and it was a huge pain, since id names with spaces are not valid css, and cannot be targeted.

Cheers.

Message has been deleted

Thomas Edwards

Jun 26, 2013, 10:50:33 PM6/26/13
to twee...@googlegroups.com
Hello.  What would be the preferred method to get errors in the headers fixed?

I have fixes, small stuff in some cases, whole functions in others.

Andrzej Marczewski

Jul 5, 2013, 12:11:10 PM7/5/13
to twee...@googlegroups.com
Hi

Trying the latest build I can find (Twine v1.3.6_ALPHA_201301282147)

I am getting the ASCII encoding error when using the new responsive theme.

Only just started using this tool and the responsive template is what has drawn me in lol

Thanks

On Saturday, June 9, 2012 10:23:00 AM UTC+1, Philip Sutton wrote:
[...]

Joseph Miller

Jul 7, 2013, 7:47:48 PM7/7/13
to twee...@googlegroups.com
This is a pretty minor issue, but one annoying thing is that when you use the passage drop down menu to create a new passage, it spawns really far off screen. Is there any way to fix this in the new version?

(Passage>Broken Links>[broken link name])

Thanks,
Joseph

Aster Stark

Aug 22, 2013, 11:43:36 AM8/22/13
to twee...@googlegroups.com
I had a terrible time getting this working on my Windows 7 64bit install so I'll post my fix in case anyone else has this problem. You need the following microsoft visual C++ 2008 redistributable packages to get the alpha to run:

Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (x86)

Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86)

Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package MFC Security Update

Hope that helps.

On Wednesday, February 13, 2013 5:04:01 AM UTC-5, Jordan Magnuson wrote:

When trying to run this Alpha on Windows 7 64-bit, I get this error:

The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail.

Twine 1.3.5 works fine.

Tracy V

Aug 29, 2013, 10:56:51 AM8/29/13
to twee...@googlegroups.com
I too have gotten the ASCII error when attempting to build in the Responsive format, which is a shame because I really wanted to see what that format looks like.

I am on Windows 7 64-bit, but I had no trouble launching the alpha. My settings are on standard American English, and I am not using any special characters. In fact, I get the ASCII error even when I try to build in Responsive using just the default Start passage.

Hoping there has been some progress on solving this strange little issue. Thanks!

Aurélien

Sep 23, 2013, 6:52:51 AM9/23/13
to twee...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I have the same problem but I'm currently working on the mac os x version of Twine..Is there any solution?
also twine crashes when I try to save my project in another folder than the one I'm working on. maybe it's the same cause.

thanks,
Aurélien

Richard Strand

Nov 3, 2013, 7:23:47 PM11/3/13
to twee...@googlegroups.com
I have created an OS X build from the latest source. Hopefully it will help, but I have only tested it on my mac.

Richard Strand

Aurélien

Jan 21, 2014, 11:12:31 AM1/21/14
to twee...@googlegroups.com
Sorry I forgot to reply !
it worked fine, now I can save my story.

Regards,
Aurélien

Guillaume Izard

Feb 1, 2014, 3:16:43 PM2/1/14
to twee...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm currently using twine 1.4.1 for Windows and I'm experiencing the ASCII error when I try to build the story :

"An error occurred while building while building your story ('ascii codec can't decode byte 0xe9 in position 13: ordinal not in range (128))"

I can't build in any of the three formats (Responsive, Jonah, Sugarcane) and it was working fine until today. Worse, I can't build a new story either : I have the same error message every time I try to build it in an y of the format...

I've uninstalled and reinstalled Twine, I've rebooted the computer and I'm kind of out options now...

Is there anything I could do without losing my work ?

My configuration is Win7 64bits Premium Family Edition and I use Chrome as Internet browser.

Thanks a lot in advance !!

Guillaume Izard

Feb 1, 2014, 3:43:54 PM2/1/14
to twee...@googlegroups.com
FYI I've downloaded an older version of Twine (alpha 1.3.6) and it's working, but not with the Responsive format.

Richard Sharpe

Feb 1, 2014, 7:55:17 PM2/1/14
to twee...@googlegroups.com
Let me direct you to a thread on the official forums: http://twinery.org/forum/index.php/topic,756.msg2150.html

February has a number of accents in French, which is causing a problem in Twine 1.4.

Try setting the date on your computer back a couple days and test with a new story file.

This should be fixed in the upcoming 1.4.2.

— Sharpe

Guillaume Izard

Feb 2, 2014, 5:05:07 AM2/2/14
to twee...@googlegroups.com
Hi Richard,

Thanks for the quick reply ! It actually worked just by changing the month ! If the bug is caused by accent in French, there's also December (Décembre) with the same issue.

Thanks again !